Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

International Foxes

City Stars In International Action

Posted on: Wed 22 Aug 2007

Four members of Martin Allen's Leicester City squad will be hoping to pull on the colours of their country on Wednesday evening.

Iain Hume, Radi Kishishev, Gareth McAuley and Marton Fulop have all joined up with their respective nations ahead of the latest round of international fixtures.

Kishishev has been included in the Bulgaria squad to face Wales at the Millennium Stadium, while Iain Hume will be hoping for a starting berth for Canada when they take on Iceland.

Meanwhile, former Foxes boss Nigel Worthington has named defender Gareth McAuley in the Northern Ireland squad for their Euro 2008 qualifier against Liechtenstein at Windsor Park, Belfast.

And new signing Marton Fulop, who joined the Foxes on loan from Sunderland last week, will be eager to take to the pitch when Hungary take on Italy.

Heskey's first England start was v Argentina when playing for us. 99% sure of that

Nah it was vs. Hungary.

And Manwell you're right, Guppy has the most recent International cap for us, his coming a few months after Heskey's.

Nah it was vs. Hungary.

And Manwell you're right, Guppy has the most recent International cap for us, his coming a few months after Heskey's.

he came on as a sub in the Hungary game though. I'm thinking Argentina was his first start? anyway he played 4 or 5 games for England when with us i think

wasn't walker in the squad when they played at the walkers, i seem to remember being pissed of that he didn't get to play in front of a (sort of) home crowd...

is this the case?

I didn't see him at Palace (Because I werent there) but heard he had a great game.

Which got me thinking - when did either Logan or Henderson have a 'great' game?

Logan - Birmingham

Hendo - Villa

Off the top of my head.

Also Cardiff in the Carling cup a couple of seasons back aswell for Hendo.

wasn't walker in the squad when they played at the walkers, i seem to remember being pissed of that he didn't get to play in front of a (sort of) home crowd...

is this the case?

Walker played in the friendly against Iceland when England won 6-1 in the build up to Euro 2004.

Archived