Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Leicester City 4-1 Watford - Post match

Only worry is 2 weeks in a row conceding injury time goals.

Yes, it shall be a complete disaster if we allow 4 goal leads to slip to 3 goal leads in injury time for the rest of the season. Bad us! Bad I Say.

If we'd ended up drawing the game, then there might be something to your point.

Why couldn't they play like that last week?

Spent 22 hours and a small fortune getting to the Palace game and we were so bad that I could not inflict my hugely negative thoughts on you all so have not posted all week. Just sat and festered really!

First half today was barely any better, but we were 1-0 up rather than the other way round and I was really expecting Watford to come at us hard 2nd half. Instead we exploded and were 3-0 up in no time, WTF.

Brilliant!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

:scarf:

Here we go here we go here we go!! etc. not felt like this for so long, k lets not get carried away the first 10-15 mins were not good enough but luckily ian Hume's wonder strike has helped us, opened the flood gates and off we went, a great victory and a sign that our team is begining to gel. I look forward to the Forest game, lets kick them something silly and show em what Leicester city REALLY is.

We just need to build on this now and then we get back to wear this club belongs, the premiership!

Yes, it shall be a complete disaster if we allow 4 goal leads to slip to 3 goal leads in injury time for the rest of the season. Bad us! Bad I Say.

If we'd ended up drawing the game, then there might be something to your point.

christ, did you not hear him last week when that happened!!!!

i'm being lighthearted - i was actually impressed with your passion last week, better than the whining that was going on about that result... :thumbup:

Yeah I know last week i just got home from a 14 hour drinking session and thought we had won so was preety pumped up up then got hit back down to earth but this showed our potential this is jusy awesome :banana: bring on forrest

From the, er, ealing times

Horns routed by Foxes

By Kevin Affleck

Comment | Read Comments (5)

THE wheels came off Watford's impressive start to the season in spectacular fashion at the Walkers Stadium this afternoon.

A spectacular long-range strike from Ian Hume, a goal from DJ Campbell, a deflected free-kick from Alan Sheehan and a late strike from Mark De Vries sent the Hornets spinning to the first defeat of the season. An injury-time penalty from Marlon King was scant consolation.

The confidence-draining result compounded a difficult few days for manager Aidy Boothroyd who saw Darius Henderson hand in a transfer request on Wednesday.

advertisement

Watford missed Henderson's muscular presence and his ability to hold the ball up against the Foxes and neither Steve Kabba nor second-half substitute Tamas Priskin looked like a worthy partner for a frustrated Marlon King. Indeed, it was Dan Shittu, the mountainous defender, who looked like Watford's most likely source of a goal.

Not only will Boothroyd be disappointed with Watford's performance at both ends of the field, the manager will also be concerned by his side's discipline on a scorching afternoon when they had five players cautioned.

It had all started so promisingly. The Hornets threatened down the flanks in the opening stages. Jobi McAnuff had his head in his hands after missing a golden opportunity early on, Gareth McAuley intercepted a teasing low centre from King and then Kabba was just beaten to a low centre from McAnuff.

Watford are always likely to pose a threat at set pieces and Shittu headed over a right-wing free-kick from Lee Williamson on 12 minutes.

Leicester were struggling to unpick the Watford defence with their neat interplay so Hume decided to try his luck on 15 minutes from long-range and beat Poom with a spectacular effort that nestled in the top left-hand corner, giving the Estonian number one no chance.

Watford were guilty of sitting too deep after falling behind and Poom had to be alert on 26 minutes, diving to his left to palm away a curling left-footed free-kick from Sheehan. Mahon had conceded the foul and was lucky to escape without being cautioned. The Watford captain was particularly pumped up and two fouls later, he eventually became the first entry into Anthony Taylor's bulging notebook.

The referee was again reaching for his pocket in first-half injury time, booking McAuley and King after McAnuff had sparked a flare-up by flicking out his leg at the Leicester defender.

McAnuff, the former Palace winger, was heavily involved in the sweeping move that carved Leicester apart on 47 minutes. King surged forward from half-way, fed McAnuff who cleverly picked out the run of Kabba but Fulop was quickly off his line to avert the danger.

The second half started at a frenetic pace and Leicester will wonder how they did not increase their lead on two occasions. Firstly, Stephen Clemence smacked the bar with a rasping drive and then DJ Campbell sprinted clear of Jay DeMerit, beat Poom with his shot but saw the effort rebound off the inside of the post.

Campbell made mo mistake from close-range just minutes later, though. A Clemence free-kick conceded by Jordan Stewart cannoned off the wall, was directed into the path of Campbell by De Vries and the former Birmingham striker showed his predatory instincts by steering the ball past Poom.

The goal prompted Boothroyd to leave his seat in the stand and make his way down to the touchline but the manager barely had time to unscrew the top of his bottle of water when Leicester added a third. A 54th-minute free-kick from Sheehan took a wicked deflection off the wall, wrong-footed Poom and rolled in the far corner.

The two-goal burst rocked the visitors and they showed signs of losing their cool just minutes later when a late tackle by Williamson on Hume sparked a touchline melee. Kabba and Clemence were the chief protagonists and after being separated by their team-mates, they were both cautioned by the busy Taylor.

Watford managed to stop the rot and came close to reducing the deficit on three occasions. Shittu saw a header cleared off the line by Clive Clarke and another drift just wide of the post, while King left Clarke for dead down the right-hand side and flashed an effort just over from a tight angle.

Sheehan's left foot was proving to be a real potent weapon for the home side and he had Poom diving to his right on 59 minutes to keep out a long-range effort.

The Estonian had no chance on 85 minutes, though, when the impressive De Vries out-muscled and wriggled his way both Shittu and Doyley before steering the ball in the far corner with his left foot. It was the cue for scores of Watford fans to head for the exits.

Those who left early would have missed King converting an injury-time penalty after the eagle-eyed Taylor spotted a handball and another flash point - sparked by a late challenge from Williamson - but this was otherwise an afternoon to forget for the Hornets.

Leicester: Fulop; N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Clarke; Hume, Wesolowski, Clemence, SheehanDe Vries, Campbell. Subs: Chambers for Campbell, 62; Kaebi for Hume, 79. Henderson, Kishishev and Porter not used.

Watford: Poom; Doyley, DeMerit, Shittu, Stewart; McAnuff, Wiliamson, Mahon, Smith; King, Kabba.

Subs. Priskin for Kabba, 69; Hoskins for DeMerit, 80; Mariappa for McAnuff, 86. Bangura and Lee not used.

Booked: Mahon, Campbell, McAuley, King, Kabba, Clemence, Chambers, Shittu.

Att: 21,642.

11 shots on target, 4 off target - and that's why we won, what a difference to...every other game for years

(wow, i'm top of the posting list today - don't worry i'm going out soon...)

seems like what thracian has been saying about sheehans shooting and set-piece work has some substance, by all accounts he made a massive differance today.

could not be happier at the result, shame to concede a dodgy pen but oh well we scored 4 against "title contenders" Watford. things looked good today, back four were solid and looked a real unit. Fulop didnt have anything to do, midfield were immense especially Wesolowski i thought. front two always looked good and MDV held the ball up really well.

BRING ON THE TREES!!! i bet they are shitting it.

could not be happier at the result, shame to concede a dodgy pen but oh well we scored 4 against "title contenders" Watford. things looked good today, back four were solid and looked a real unit. Fulop didnt have anything to do, midfield were immense especially Wesolowski i thought. front two always looked good and MDV held the ball up really well.

BRING ON THE TREES!!! i bet they are shitting it.

barber and rowett hardly mentioned weso, show's how useless they are...

Strange to praise the defence when you've just won 4-1 but i thought they were immense, especially McAuley. Watford didn't have a shot on target until injury time.

PS anyone see what the penalty was about?

Archived