Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Leicester City 4-1 Watford - Post match

Well that wasn't expected, brilliant. :thumbsup: What's even more promising is Watford rarely if ever got beat well last year in the Premiership.

Hume's goal was quality, sat right behind it as well, went in like an arrow.

A very interesting day.

Fantastic result obviously. We started a little slow and early on I thought that Watford looked the better side, creating quite a few chances. But then we found our way into the game. What a strike from Hume! As soon as it left his foot you could see where that was going!

The second goal was really needed at that time, after hitting the bar and then the post I started to get the feeling we might pay for not taking those chances.

Couldn't believe how many times our players were falling over! It did get quite comical especially when De Vries fell over in the box, got back up and still got the ball.

Before the match I moved my ticket to the back of F1, really enjoyed most of the match as the atmosphere was ok. However, the stewards were out again to spoil the fun, constantly pointing telling me to sit down.

Also, if the 4 blokes that sat in front of me happen to post on here, can I just say you got the complete wrong end of the stick giving us the abuse about calling De Vries shit! It was all said in sarcasm :rolleyes:

BRING ON THE FOREST.

How the fcuk we scored four goals with that twat in charge of the game, I'll never know. Ref was a complete fuggin' disgrace. Twat really spoiled the game for me, we deserved a clean sheet. GRADE A tw@t. Cnut.

6-5 on penalties says a lot

Yellow Cards

City: Campbell (42), McAuley (45), Clemence (57), Chambers (75), Fulop (90), Kishishev (90)

Watford: Mahon (37), King (45), Kabba (57), Shittu (79), Stewart (90)

Mind you most of ours were avoidable and to pick 4 when you're winning 3-0 and then 4-0 is unforgivable and needs sorting.

We were awesome today. First time in a good while did I go home with a happy face. Hume's goal was a stunner, top left hand corner, no chance for the keeper.

It was a good over-all team performance. We started quite nervously but as the game went on I think we were starting to find the rhythm. Second half we came out with all guns blazing and hit the crossbar and the post, and at the end we could've scored 5 or 6. Its just a shame we didn't keep the clean sheet. But the back four were faultless today.

Alan Sheehan was amazing. I was a bit skeptical about his inclusion in the starting eleven but his performance spoke for itself.

How the fcuk we scored four goals with that twat in charge of the game, I'll never know. Ref was a complete fuggin' disgrace. Twat really spoiled the game for me, we deserved a clean sheet. GRADE A tw@t. Cnut.

Can we take it you thought the ref had a bad game??? :D

I'm gutted I missed the game - went to the Emirates Stadium to see Arsenal v Man City but would've loved to have seen us smash in 4 goals.

Big post coming up peeps ... E3 great atmosphere.

Great win great game. Absolutely brilliant.

Couple of quick points.

1. So pissed i missed the 2nd goal as i was pissing in the worst smelling cubicle ever - next to Bernie mind but that was no restbite :thumbdown:

2. Alan Sheehan was NOT that good today, don't get me wrong i was the first person to jump on Thracian's Sheehan is immense band wagon after Hinckley but today he was out of position for 89 minutes of the game. His only saving grace was his set pieces which were in all fairness very good. One was well saved teh other deflected into the net. Speaks for itself. However his positioning was beyond awful today so many times i was screaming at him to go wide but to no avail.

3. Mark De Vries was tireless today, his commitment and hold up play was second to none. It showed in his celebration of his goal and at the end of the game when he collapsed.

4. The referee was beyond attrocious today, Marlon King should have been sent off at least twice, kaebi was kicked whilst on the ground and kisnorbo was elbowed. Attrocious decisions all the way through and he had no control over the game what so ever.

5. The biggest positive from the game was how great it was to see the famous Leicester fighting spirit back in action. In the face off awful refereeing and a strong and poorly disciplined Watford side we kept our heads, composure and won out in the end.

6. Kaebi looked very tasty, promising.

7. BLUE FOOKING ARMY!!

One thing I was pleased to see today was that the result meant something to the players today, and they wanted to win.

Clemence- Saw him trying to get the players up for it before kick-off and during the game. arms gesturing etc.

DJ and De Vries- Both celebrations showed it clearly meant something to them, probably Hume as well but that was at the other end. Also De Vries kept going despite being unfit.

Martin Allen- got fans going before the game (loved that) and then showed appreciation at the end as well.

Others- commited performance all round.

Let's hope this continues as its something we've lacked in recent times!!

I agree, although Chambers should be included in that spine, although he was on the bench today

I'd say he still needs to regain some match fitness after picking up that injury against Blackpool.

I'd say he still needs to regain some match fitness after picking up that injury against Blackpool.

I agree, I'm saying over the season he could become one of our key players.

yeah it will be interesting what he will do with the back 4 though? We're still playing 3 centrebacks in a back 4. How is Kaebi going to fit in?

I suppose thats the Joy of having such a large squad compared to last season :D

yeah it will be interesting what he will do with the back 4 though? We're still playing 3 centrebacks in a back 4. How is Kaebi going to fit in?

Though N'Gotty looked good at right back today.

Always calmed us down instead of trying to scramble it out.

I agree, I'm saying over the season he could become one of our key players.

I suppose thats the Joy of having such a large squad compared to last season :D

Its good to have a relatively large squad. It gives Martin selection headaches which we want quite badly.

Let's not get too carried away. We were shit at the start and lucky to be level when Hume broke the ice with that screamer. For the next 2 goals we get a couple of very lucky breaks. :ph34r:

Oh what the hell! Great performance, Weso was magnificent, Leicester are back! Leicester are back! woooaahhh wooaahhhh! :scarf:

this result will be good for any dealings at the close of transfer window. players may be looking at us now.

Lets hope so, a quality LM would complete our team nicely. But if sheehan can carrying on performing the way he did today then i've got no complaints. Clem & Weso in the centre of the park looked fantastic.

Archived