Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Leicester City 4-1 Watford - Post match

My mate saw Stearman driving away from the game, He's got a Porche Boxter yet didn't even make the bench today. That kind of car at his age is apalling...

He is 20 isn't he? Rooney was driving a Cadillac at the age of 19.

All in all a great day out, marred by some really poor refereeing. We could have scored more - dont forget we hit the bar and the post in the first 3 mins of the 2nd half. So encouraging to see us scoring goals - thats 6 in 2 games.

Great stuff. Bring on the trees.

Also, I hear mablo got in a wee bit of trouble. Whats the story?

All in all a great day out, marred by some really poor refereeing. We could have scored more - dont forget we hit the bar and the post in the first 3 mins of the 2nd half. So encouraging to see us scoring goals - thats 6 in 2 games.

Great stuff. Bring on the trees.

Also, I hear mablo got in a wee bit of trouble. Whats the story?

Kicked out for standing.

Stewarding today was well over the top.

I'm so happy about the result, absolutely what we've been waiting for. If we can beat Watford in this division we can beat anyone. I just hope, no, in fact I pray that we continue playing like in the games to come. I'm sure MA won't take anything less from the team now he knows what they can do.

He is 20 isn't he? Rooney was driving a Cadillac at the age of 19.

Just turned 20 last week. And there is a bit of a difference between Rooney and Stearz in ability/wages earnt. Just think some of the younger lads need a bit of guidence when it comes to stuff like that. Fair play if your successul and playing well week in week out, drive around in a fooking rolls royce for all I care. Just that Stearman isn't even warming the bench for us at the minute.. :unsure:

Not sure who were worse, crappy ref or the nazi-esque stewards, way over the top :mad:

Apart from that it was quality :scarf:

Sheehan really can hit a shot well, Hume's goal looked fantastic too :D DJ got his second too and even de Vries scored, he has a good game too :)

What a result, one of the best performance's i've seen in a while. Crowd was very good, you have to sing if you have got Micky next to you. Hume, take a bow son. Sweet goal. Watford didn't have a prayer. All Shittu could do was nail our players. Sheehan was decent imo, but the problem is, we're still inconsistent.

What a result, one of the best performance's i've seen in a while. Crowd was very good, you have to sing if you have got Micky next to you. Hume, take a bow son. Sweet goal. Watford didn't have a prayer. All Shittu could do was nail our players.

Sorry?

Awesome.

EVERYONE played well, and we deserved to have won and won by that margin, The last minute penalty took abit of shine of the result but very happy! In the past we have played well and lost, in the past we have played rubbish and won, but to get a great proformance and all the goals is just brilliant.

We played like that at Palace and we played like it today, they have set there mark and shown what there capable of, I just hope they keep it up!

I've not been able to go to watch the matches and i was wondering how dj has been playing. 2 goals in 2 starts is a good start but do you think he has/will get the performances to back up his 2million price tag

2 Goals in 2 Starts, can't ask for much more.

He hasn't played bad! But even if he does play bad if he scores (and on his current ratio he is) it will be worth the 2million.

What strikes me most, and makes me positive for the future is that it sounds like the players genuinely enjoyed playing today, feels like there is so really good team spirit developing.

furthermore, allen seems to be close to achieving what o'neill achieved putting together players that complement each other - ie weso and clem.

And in hume and sheehan it looks like we have some dangerous attacking potential from midfield, christ even weso and clem like to have a dig.

great stuff.

Woooooooooohooooooooooooo!! I hope this shuts some of the doubters. A superb 15 mins in the second half completely destroyed one of the best teams supposedly in the division. We are starting to gel and things are looking good, lets hope we can carry on marching up the league. :bounce::banana:

Not going to get too carried away. We didn't really play that great football it was just a stunning goal to set us up for the win. A bit lucky with the Dj Goal and Sheehan deflection but well taken goal from Devries to finish. Thought the ref was one of the best for us in years and i can't believe ive read someone on here saying he was crap, the ref and linesman were good. Saw Kaebi too but he didn't really have enough time to show us what he can do but he looked ok. Confidence will be sky high now with all 3 strikers scoring and i see them all scoring more goals. Can't get too carried away though, i didn't really think we played that amazing football, it was just a great result. Well done to everyone, thought the atmosphere was great, Maddog was great (MA), and hopefully we can go to Forest now, pick up a couple more goals and a 2-0 win :thumbup:

Shame about the random peno at the end and i didn't even see what it was for, would have loved to got a clean sheet.

But to put it in perspective we may only be goal difference ahead of 18th place but we are in the highest position we have been in the Championship in the last 3 seasons, Leicester are back!!!

We are in 9th!

Clemence Praises Battling Foxes

Posted on: Sat 25 Aug 2007

Club captain Stephen Clemence was quick to show his delight following Saturday's 4-1 demolition of Watford at the Walkers Stadium.

But the midfielder also urged his team-mates to now demonstrate that level of consistency which can propel the Foxes up the Championship table this term.

He said: "It was nice to get that first league victory and to see the stadium jumping," admitted Clemence.

"We did have a bit of the rub of the green but you need that in football and, with it being so hot out there, the lads really worked hard for the win. It was great to see those goals flying in.

"It was nice to get three points after a tough couple of weeks but today we showed a few people how we can play and now it's all about consistency."

Iain Hume, DJ Campbell, Alan Sheehan and Mark de Vries grabbed the goals but Clemence was full of praise for midfield dynamo James Wesolowski.

He added: "Jimbo is a young lad and he's impressed me since he came here.

"He wants to learn and I've given him bits of advice but his feet are firmly on the ground.

"He gives 110% every game and loves playing football.

"Jimbo is probably the player who has impressed me the most since I came to the club."

Next up for the Foxes are East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest in the second round of the Carling Cup on Tuesday and Clemence is relishing the contest.

"The team is starting to gel as a unit and that's important.

"The hard work is starting to pay off but it's only one win and we have got this big game on Tuesday night which we are all looking forward to.

"We know what it means to people in these parts and we won't need any lifting. It's a big game and we must be fully prepared.

"There is no point winning today and then losing on Tuesday and then on Saturday at Plymouth."

I think the partnership and also, by the sounds of the article, friendship, between Weso and Clemence is great for us. Today I thought they ran the midfield and didn't let Watford have there way at all.

The bonus of having such a seasoned pro such as Kishishev on the bench can only add to the positives.

Archived