Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Player Ratings - Watford

And what, pray tell, makes your ratings any more sensible and realistic than anyone else's? :unsure:

Well, in all fairness, compared to the realism that was KilworthFox's effort... but I, grudgingly, take your point! :whistle::cool:

Fulop 10 :worship:

N'Gotty 10 :worship:

McAuley 10 :worship:

Kisnorbo 10 :worship:

Clarke 10 :worship:

Hume 10 :worship:

Clemence 10 :worship:

Weso 10(amazing!!) :worship:

Sheehan 10 :worship:

De Vries 10 :worship:

Campbell 10 :worship:

To give him a higher rating than Weso just loses him an immense amount of credibility.

I amended Weso to 9 once I woke up from my visit to the Swan and Clemence to 7.5 although the whole list disappeared thereafter!. :thumbup:

Anyway:

Fulup 7.5

N'Gotty 7.5

Kissa 7.5

McAuley 7.5

Clarke 7.5

Hume 8

Clemence 7.5

Weso 9

Sheehan 8.5

MDV 8.5

Campbell 8

Ka'ebi 6.5

Kishishev 6

for the same reason that everyone tends to see there favourite players in a better light and, more drastically, why people are super-critical or find it difficult to praise players they don't like... :whistle:

surprise, surprise, thracian has an opinion and everybody feels obliged to pass judgement on him - actually considerably more boring and repetitive than thracian's opinions...

everyone is biased, it's human nature, for some reason it seems 'cool' to pick up thracian for his - i enjoy thracian's opinions, better than those who just put a row of numbers next to the players name....

:yawn:

Are you really any better for taking issue with people taking issue with Thracian? At least we've been to the game.

Suprise suprise, Thrac marks Sheehan higher than other ppls views! They went to same game, yet THrac still can't see that he is totally biased towards players like Sheehan and Porter! Why couldn't you just have marked him well but not exagerated like you always do!!!!

He got a an extra point, not only for his first senior goal but because, particularly for a young player, he did particularly well to return from having a reportedly poorish match at Crystal Palace and, with everyone and his dog calling suggesting he'd be dropped showing the character to have a decent game and to have the courage to take reponsibility and have some shots.

Those shots were important because I've said for a long time we need people breaking forard from midfield who pose a bit of a goal threat. Ironically, it was a deflected mishit that got him a goal when his viciously swerving volley looked far more deserving. But who cares?.

Call all that bias if you like but I think I'd have felt the same for, say, Mattock if he'd returned to the side or even Nielsen, had he been picked and then played a blinder after so much criticism.

The News of The World player ratings are unbelievable. They're normally stingy anyway but when players like Weso are only getting 6's as well as De Vries etc something's not right. Hum got our top rated with 8, still a harsh mark.

Oh, and we had no players in team of the week despite the trouncing of a team who were in the Premiership last season.

:blink:

The News of The World player ratings are unbelievable. They're normally stingy anyway but when players like Weso are only getting 6's as well as De Vries etc something's not right. Hum got our top rated with 8, still a harsh mark.

Oh, and we had no players in team of the week despite the trouncing of a team who were in the Premiership last season.

:blink:

:blink::S:o:|

:@

Ludicrous!

I think that you are confusing the word miserable with educated.

People really don't want Sheehan to fail you know Thrach, they are probably just a little fed up with you blowing his trumpet incessantly. Rather like Henry's out of tune PHG of two seasons ago, it's all become a bit embarrassing.

For me Sheehan put in all the effort that could be expected from him. However, I thought he looked nervous in the first half and as such made some silly mistakes with short passes and positional play. That said, Watford were really trying to open us up down the right hand side so he was under close scrutiny. But, as the game progressed, particularly after his free kick in the first half, he seemed to grow in confidence and seemed to give himself more time on the ball. His deflected goal was as some say fortunate but he deserves his luck. He was ten times better than at Accrington and can undoubtedly do a job for us.

Whether he has what it takes to make the position his own though is surely down to him. I don't think anyone on here wants him not to succeed.

"Whether he has what it takes to make the position his own though is surely down to him. I don't think anyone on here wants him not to succeed."

The truth of what you say is in the marks he's been given and I'm happy to acknowledge that.

And Sheehan himself must have been delighted with the standing ovation fans gave him when he was finally substuted and I hope that helps to build his confidence and shows that people will applaud his contribution if he plays to his strengths yet still manages to do the basics for his team too.

I've said on other occasions recently that there seems to be a growing general appreciation of our younger players and what is doubly pleasing is that they now seem to have some senior players around them who are genuinely making their lives a little easier and helping us to look like a balanced team at last..

"Whether he has what it takes to make the position his own though is surely down to him. I don't think anyone on here wants him not to succeed."

The truth of what you say is in the marks he's been given and I'm happy to acknowledge that.

And Sheehan himself must have been delighted with the standing ovation fans gave him when he was finally substuted and I hope that helps to build his confidence and shows that people will applaud his contribution if he plays to his strengths yet still manages to do the basics for his team too.

I've said on other occasions recently that there seems to be a growing general appreciation of our younger players and what is doubly pleasing is that they now seem to have some senior players around them who are genuinely making their lives a little easier and helping us to look like a balanced team at last..

Agree with that bit but would also credit Martin Allen too.

Also the applause he got would have helped his confidence though anyone being substituted yesterday would have got the ovation - it's now up to him.

Agree with that bit but would also credit Martin Allen too.

Also the applause he got would have helped his confidence though anyone being substituted yesterday would have got the ovation - it's now up to him.

Certainly anyone would have got an ovation but my point was that Sheehan really needed it and if MA realised that what a clever thing to do.

As for giving credit to MA, Irrespective of how any individual eventually fares, MA seems to have got so much more out of various people. He's perhaps a bit more vulnerable than he pretends but even at this early stage I don't mind nailing my volours to the mast - I really rate the bloke.

Doesn't mean I won't criticise him if I see fit but I do think the guy knows what he's trying to do, recognises good footballers, knows how to inspire them and isn't too pig headed or unimaginative to make radical changes if things go wrong.

I've never expected a man who never makes mistakes. It was men who constantly made the same mistakes who pissed me off.

Are you really any better for taking issue with people taking issue with Thracian? At least we've been to the game.

having not attended the match has no bearing on the comments i made, i never questioned the validity of thracian or stuhill's opinion of the game.

equally, this isn't a question of superiority, the point i am trying to establish is that it is unfair to criticise one person for being biased when everyone on here has there own level and perspective of bias - it feels as though some people are jumping on the 'have a go at thrac' bandwagon', which, personally, i find more tedious than thracian having his favourite players (as everyone else does), (i'm not saying stuhill is guilty of this) but jumping on the bandwagon just to feel like they are part of a crowd, which is truly juvenile.... i know there are some well establilshed posters here who have a genuine and entertaining running battle with thrac, which is fine, but there seem to be a lot of people that appear to have no motivation other than that it is apparently the done thing to point out that, oh my! thracian is biased...

anyway, i know thracian doesn't give a crap about what people say, and certainly doesn't need me to stick up for him - but, equally, i reserve the right to take issue with people who criticise and try to invalidate thracian's perfectly valid opinion. today, i queried someone's rating of sheehan, as it was the same as kish's which seemed peculiar... but i simply asked them why they felt this, rather than just saying: 'oh, you twat, you just hate sheehan so yr giving him a low mark'...

as i can't get to the game, i am interested in everyone's ratings, i think it's great, and some i value more than others (personally davieG is my yardstick), but i'll never accuse someone of being biased, cause that is part and parcel, i really enjoy this thread, yet i find it a real drag after EVERY game, reading some accusation of bias against thracian, it's tiresome, we all know he is partisan, perhaps more transparently so than other posters, and maybe when people realise this we won't have to put up with it quite so much.

We know.

i never said that! outrageous.

pardon me for respecting his opinion - we have very similar opinions on city and almost always agree, thus i take his opinion as my yardstick....

blimey.

From your reviews sounds like we played amazing! Couldn't make the game was on holiday. Best performance since when? would you say

Since the Cov home game last season.

Let's hope we don't have to wait another six months for the next home win!

He got a an extra point, not only for his first senior goal but because, particularly for a young player, he did particularly well to return from having a reportedly poorish match at Crystal Palace and, with everyone and his dog calling suggesting he'd be dropped showing the character to have a decent game and to have the courage to take reponsibility and have some shots.

Those shots were important because I've said for a long time we need people breaking forard from midfield who pose a bit of a goal threat. Ironically, it was a deflected mishit that got him a goal when his viciously swerving volley looked far more deserving. But who cares?.

Call all that bias if you like but I think I'd have felt the same for, say, Mattock if he'd returned to the side or even Nielsen, had he been picked and then played a blinder after so much criticism.

Most people on this thread have rated players on performance and not giving extra ratings for age or it being his first goal. On that basis, criticizing others for not rating Sheehan higher is ridiculous. What next when rating? A half point for his first game in yellow boots? An extra point for MDV for losing weight and lets give Fulop a 9 every week for being so tall lol

I know some people get protective over Thracs comments because he at times does get some abuse but when he comes out with things like that he deserves some of the responses!

Fulop 7 - steady not really much to do

N'Gotty 7 - reliable

Kisnorbo 7 - see above

McAuley 7 - see N'Gotty

Clarke 7.5 - looks a good player

Hume 8 - cracking goal, looked good on the right

Clemence 9 - dominated the centre of the park with Weso, unlucky not to score MOTM

Wesolowski 9 - dominated with Clemence

Sheehan 7.5 - played well crosses need improvement, good goal to boost his confidence

De Vries 7.5 - handful for the defence, great goal still needs vast improvement in the air

Campbell 7.5 - real strikers goal, showed flashes of real pace

Subs:

Kaebi N/A - glimpses of real skill and a good tackle not on long enough though

Chambers 7 - solid looks a good player

Kishishev N/A - not on long enough

Allen 9 - good stuff at the start of the match got us going when we sang 'martin give us a wave' obviously a good half-time team talk

Fans 8 - bit lower than expected but where i was (back of E1 :thumbup:) there was a good buch of us singing the whole way through

Fulop 6 - Not much to do in all fairness. Someone who can comand his area and kick the friggin ball, brilliant.

N'Gotteh 7 - Not a full back. Calm, composed and efficient.

McAuley 7 - Good positioning to deter Kabba/King.

Kisnorbo 7 - Solid.

Clarke 7 - He's no skills, but supported the left side well.

Hume 8 - Cracking goal and looks better from a depper position.

Clemence 8 - Classy. Makes space for himself and uses the ball well.

Wesolwski 8 - He's a beast. Absolutely everywhere and helped dominate the midfield.

Sheehan 7 - A slow start. Grew in confidence and used the ball better in the second half. Provided us with balance on the left.

Campbell 7 - Not at the races in the first half, but the service wasn't particularly great. Looked more dangerous in the second and unlucky not to get 2.

de Vries 9 - The way he takes the ball and brings others in to play is immense. Shittu couldn't cope with him. What a goal for the 4th, you don't see many strikers do that sort of thing.

Subs:

Chambers 7 - Made Jordan Stewart look stupid and it made me laugh. 7 at least.

Kaebi 6 - Didn't really have a chance to impress.

Kishishev 6 - Likewise.

Fulop 6 - Not much to do in all fairness. Someone who can comand his area and kick the friggin ball, brilliant.

N'Gotteh 7 - Not a full back. Calm, composed and efficient.

McAuley 7 - Good positioning to deter Kabba/King.

Kisnorbo 7 - Solid.

Clarke 7 - He's no skills, but supported the left side well.

Hume 8 - Cracking goal and looks better from a depper position.

Clemence 8 - Classy. Makes space for himself and uses the ball well.

Wesolwski 8 - He's a beast. Absolutely everywhere and helped dominate the midfield.

Sheehan 7 - A slow start. Grew in confidence and used the ball better in the second half. Provided us with balance on the left.

Campbell 7 - Not at the races in the first half, but the service wasn't particularly great. Looked more dangerous in the second and unlucky not to get 2.

de Vries 9 - The way he takes the ball and brings others in to play is immense. Shittu couldn't cope with him. What a goal for the 4th, you don't see many strikers do that sort of thing.

Subs:

Chambers 7 - Made Jordan Stewart look stupid and it made me laugh. 7 at least.

Kaebi 6 - Didn't really have a chance to impress.

Kishishev 6 - Likewise.

Scoweh

This forum is worse off without your input.

End of.

Archived