Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Player Ratings - Watford

lol we were discussing Thracian's likely reaction to Sheehan's game on the Live Chat. Amusingly accurate.

He sounded like he had a good game, in fairness, but I don't think a 7 is marking him down. The commentators on the radio, who had the benefit of video replays, actually joked that his goal was a woeful shot that got luckily deflected in. And he sounded all too trigger happy afterwards. I guess The Championship tomorrow morning will tell. :D

to be fair all his shots were on target including a superb volly which happened to drill DeMerit in the chest his goal was VERY fortunate as it was a fairly poor shot which got deflected in

Funny Watford Ratings !

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=15275

Poom 0 - sh*t

Doyley 2 - sh*t

Shittu 4 - sh*t

Demerit 3 - sh*t

Stewart 2 sh*t

Noddy 2 - sh*t

Mahon -5 - If that c**t is here next season I won't be!

Willow 2 - sh*t

McAnuff 4 - sh*t

King 2 - sh*t...if he doesn't want to be here he can f**k off to

Kabba 3 - sh*t...started ok though.

Boothroyd 0 - why bring on hoskins and priskin when the games dead and burried? Should have brought them on after the second went in!!!

Basically we were the worst I've seen since Reading under Loosington on boxing day!

The first time i've not heard Aidy's name sung after a game...too right aswell!

South Coast Orns we are 'ere, shag your women drink your beer

Fulop - 7 - Had nothing to do! But did what he had to very well.

N'Gotty - 8 - Just plain old solid, what a signing. Go in for a 50/50 with Bruno and I'll call the ambulance for you...

McAuley - 8 - Put his body in the way of everything and won most in the air.

Kisnorbo - 8 - Won everything in the air and showed good pace when needed. He is a Premier League centre half and he's great!

Clarke - 7 - Solid, nothing more, nothing less, but you can't expect any more.

Hume - 8 - Warra goal! Filled in very well on the right and worked hard. Was even right back for a while!

Wesolowski - 9.5 - He's an animal. Was everywhere and that was on and off the ball. Unbelieveble. Absolutely phenomenal.

Clemence - 8 - Led the team very well and stuck up for his team throughout the game.

Sheehan - 7 - Provided decent width, however, you could tell that he is not a winger due to lack of runs forward. Still put some good crosses in.

Campbell - 8 - Scored and just played well as a striker, was never going to create loads, however, his pace gave us another dimension.

de Vries - 9 - Awesome, absolutely awesome. Play the ball to his feet or chest and he will set up so many attacks for you. ANYONE still getting on his back, is pathetic.

Love you Leicester.

Wesolowski - 9 - It is frightening to think how good he could have been without the breaks.

lol it works on both levels!!!

But one thing, listening to Barber's Commentry I heard his name mentioned twice. You just don't relise how well some people play... :(

Hume 9- Absolutely superb. :)

Clemence 8.5- Brilliant.

Weso 8.5- Fantastic.

Sheehan 8- Great performance.

Overall, midfield and strikers ran the show,

Hume 9

Clemence 8

Weso 10(amazing!!)

Sheehan 8

Hume 8

Clemence 8

Weso 8*

Sheehan 8

The best thing for me is this recurring theme that we actually have a midfield this year. :clap::scarf:

So did everyone else, the pitch was very wet.

I agree Dannyboy. Everyone kept falling over vs Blackpool as well. Not sure if it's stupid boot/stud technology, but De Vries wasn't alone in falling over.

fulop-7- didn't have much to do and played well.

N'gotty-8- played well hardly made a mistake.

McAuley-8- was solid aswell.

kisnorbo-9- was amazing never let anything go past him.

clarke-8- solid.

hume-9- was amazing and i don't think that we will see a better strike than that at the walkers for a while.

wesolowski-9- was amazing aswell. he was everywhere.

clemence-9- was amazing. passed the ball around well and ahd an amazing shot that came off the bar.

sheehan-8- played well. has a good shot on him aswell and put in a few decent crosses.

campbell-8- played well. chased a lot of balls and put defenders under a lot of pressure. scored a good goal poachers goal and could have had another.

De vries-8- put a lot of effort in and you can tell how much he wants to play for us. i'm suprised he could even walk off of the pitch at the end he looked knackered.

Fullop 6 - Nice to have a goalie that can kick. Still think its funny that we are in the Championship and I rave that we finally have a goalie that can kick. Did nothing wrong but to be fair wasnt overally worked.

N'Gotty 6 - A steady eddie. No nonense. Distribution at times was poor but looked solid.

Clarke 6 - Did well on home debut. I think its best that you take him for what he is. Old fashioned footballer. Hoof it out. Dont over play. No nonsense.

Kisnorbo 8 - Faultless. Amazed at just how many headers he wins. Priceless.

McAuley 8 - Like Kisnorbo, a great display. Cleaned up well and superb in the air.

Hume 8 - Amazing goal. Amazing touch. He really was on the button today. Linked up well and unbelievable workrate.

Sheenan 6 - Better today than v Palace but after bringing in all these players, is he really our best left sided midfielder? Good from set plays and worked hard.

Clemence 8 - Ran the midfield. Link up play with Weso was good. Always around. Always motivating. The player we have wanted in a Leicester midfield for so many seasons.

Wesolowski 8 - Excellent performance from the youngster. Battled harder than ever before. Non stop running and tacking. Looks great in centre midfield with the skipper. Can be proud of his performance.

Campbell 7 - Out of the game at times but offers threat of pace and goal-poaching. Will score plenty this season similar to goals v Palace and Watford. Good signing.

De Vries 8 - Superb performance. Will sleep for a week after that performance. Still subjsct to the odd gaff but his hold up play and strength with back to goal won us the game. Linked up well with midfield and DJ. Battled to the very end. So pleased he got the goal his performance deserved.

Subs

Chambers 7 - What an athelete. A player with a lot of talent sat on the bench shows how far the squad has come.

Kaebi 6 - Brief appearance and was hard to jusge but his trickery looks exciting.

Kishishev 6 - Few touches in the few minutes left

Fulop 7.5 (Not for his saves but for his presence)

N'Gotty 7.5 (Palace simply made no progress)

Kisnorbo 7.5 (Limited Watford to scraps)

McAuley 7.5 (as above)

Clarke 7.5 (Like a rock. Looked as if he'd played for us 100 years)

Hume 8 (Goal + attitude with effect)

Clemence 7 (Kept everything tickng)

Wesolowski 8 (Just one class player)

Sheehan 8.5 (Goal, quality distribution, just a class game)

DeVries 8.5 (Goal and endless important touches)

Campbell 8 (Another goal and a constant threat)

DeVries 8.5 (Quality goal and quality contributions)

Chambers 6

Kaebi 6.5

Kishishev 6

Four-one against the League leaders says it all and I'm glad MA had confidence in players many would have dropped

You are a miserable lot.

It doesn't matter what Sheehan does you lot mark him down.

He scores and retains possession from one end of the game to he other and you miserable bastards still mark him down.

I've just got totally pissed in cracking company because having said "we'll see" about the notion of Watford beating us we gave them a comprehensive whooping and could have scoed six.

Fans would have dropped DeVries, who had a cracker, fans would have dropped Sheeehan who was applauded off so I'll hope now you'll show some appreciation on what could have been the day we whooped the league leaders by six.

Yes in the end it was a comprehensive 4-1 but City attacked when they took the lead and kept having a go Well done lads, you're on your way,

You're really not doing the lad (Sheehan) any favours. It was the first time I'd seen him play yesterday if memory serves, so I watched him closely and I thought he had a good game. I was pleasantly surprised, given the slating he's had on here. But he didn't have the amazing game you portray.

He did seem a yard off the pace to me- he was second to a number of balls he should have been first to and got caught ball watching a number of times. But he does have a sweet left foot (granted that the free kick he scored from was actually one of the worst he played all day!) and a decent reading of the game so I'm optimistic for his future. I'd put some of his mistakes down to not having a huge amount of match practice and hope that he improves on this in the future.

Do some of you not think that Sheehan held back due to Hume making forward runs all the time on the right? Because of this we stayed well balanced and the midfield were never over-ran as effectively at times it was a 4-3-3...

You are a miserable lot.

It doesn't matter what Sheehan does you lot mark him down.

He scores and retains possession from one end of the game to he other and you miserable bastards still mark him down.

I've just got totally pissed in cracking company because having said "we'll see" about the notion of Watford beating us we gave them a comprehensive whooping and could have scoed six.

Fans would have dropped DeVries, who had a cracker, fans would have dropped Sheeehan who was applauded off so I'll hope now you'll show some appreciation on what could have been the day we whooped the league leaders by six.

Yes in the end it was a comprehensive 4-1 but City attacked when they took the lead and kept having a go Well done lads, you're on your way,

I think that you are confusing the word miserable with educated.

People really don't want Sheehan to fail you know Thrach, they are probably just a little fed up with you blowing his trumpet incessantly. Rather like Henry's out of tune PHG of two seasons ago, it's all become a bit embarrassing.

For me Sheehan put in all the effort that could be expected from him. However, I thought he looked nervous in the first half and as such made some silly mistakes with short passes and positional play. That said, Watford were really trying to open us up down the right hand side so he was under close scrutiny. But, as the game progressed, particularly after his free kick in the first half, he seemed to grow in confidence and seemed to give himself more time on the ball. His deflected goal was as some say fortunate but he deserves his luck. He was ten times better than at Accrington and can undoubtedly do a job for us.

Whether he has what it takes to make the position his own though is surely down to him. I don't think anyone on here wants him not to succeed.

Sheenan 6 - Better today than v Palace but after bringing in all these players, is he really our best left sided midfielder? Good from set plays and worked hard.

Kishishev 6 - Few touches in the few minutes left

not questioning your opinion at all, but from what i've heard/read/etc sheehan was really involved, had a goal and an assist, and had a couple of on target shots just saved - seems a little harsh to give him the same as kish who played for only a few minutes? Was the rest of his game so bad to bring his score down?

just interested, is all...

not questioning your opinion at all, but from what i've heard/read/etc sheehan was really involved, had a goal and an assist, and had a couple of on target shots just saved - seems a little harsh to give him the same as kish who played for only a few minutes? Was the rest of his game so bad to bring his score down?

just interested, is all...

He didn't really do much apart from his free kicks, one hit the wall and bobbled around, took a few deflections and ended up at DJ Campbell who put it in, which wasn't really an assist. And his goal took a huge deflection. But he did ok, nothing special. Certainly not an 8.5 lol

He didn't really do much apart from his free kicks, one hit the wall and bobbled around, took a few deflections and ended up at DJ Campbell who put it in, which wasn't really an assist. And his goal took a huge deflection. But he did ok, nothing special. Certainly not an 8.5 lol

was clemence that took the free kick that lead to dj's goal

Fulop - 7

N'Gotty - 7

McAuley - 8

Kisnorbo - 8

Clarke - 7

Hume - 9*

Wesolowski - 7

Clemence - 7

Sheehan - 7

De Vries - 8

Campbell - 7

Chambers - 7

Kaebi - 7

Kishishev - 6

Ref - 2. :angry:

Suprise suprise, Thrac marks Sheehan higher than other ppls views! They went to same game, yet THrac still can't see that he is totally biased towards players like Sheehan and Porter! Why couldn't you just have marked him well but not exagerated like you always do!!!!

Suprise suprise, Thrac marks Sheehan higher than other ppls views! They went to same game, yet THrac still can't see that he is totally biased towards players like Sheehan and Porter! Why couldn't you just have marked him well but not exagerated like you always do!!!!

for the same reason that everyone tends to see there favourite players in a better light and, more drastically, why people are super-critical or find it difficult to praise players they don't like... :whistle:

surprise, surprise, thracian has an opinion and everybody feels obliged to pass judgement on him - actually considerably more boring and repetitive than thracian's opinions...

everyone is biased, it's human nature, for some reason it seems 'cool' to pick up thracian for his - i enjoy thracian's opinions, better than those who just put a row of numbers next to the players name....

:yawn:

Archived