Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Player Ratings - Watford

Fulop - 7 - Hurrah! It looks like we might have a decent goalkeeper at last. Confident, decisive and proved a commanding presence.

N'Gotty - 7 - A good, solid, no nonsense, performance.

Kisnorbo - 7 - See above.

McAuley - 7.5 - Probably his best game to date. Stuck to his job and didn't piss about with the ball like he usually does.

Clarke - 7 - A bit shaky at the start but quickly improved. Very promising. (And a million miles away from the crap of Maybury)

Hume - 9 - MOTM in my view. Our main playmaker and looked even better in midfield than up front. A brilliant wonder-goal.

Clemence - 7 - A much better performance and dominated midfield with Hume and Weso. Still room for improvement though.

Wesolowski - 8 - Ran the show along with Hume. Positive signs of a good partnership developing with Clemence.

Sheehan - 7 - Played very well and will have gained in confidence as a result. Did enough to keep his place in the team.

De Vries - 8 - Can still be frustrating at times, but as against Portsmouth showed that his game has vastly improved. A well taken goal capped off an excellent performance.

Campbell - 7.5 - Poached a goal out of nothing. A true striker with great potential - so long as he keeps his head.

Subs:

Kaebi - 7 - Encouraging signs.

Chambers - 7 - Played well and gives us plenty of options up front.

Kishishev - N/A - Not on for long, so the jury's still out. Might find it hard to break into a midfield that clearly worked well together (for once!).

Allen - 9 - Walked the walk as well as talked the talk! :scarf:

Ref - 0 - Abysmal. Lost the plot early on and was like an old woman for most of the game. And what was that penalty all about? Unbelievably bad. :mad:

Most people on this thread have rated players on performance and not giving extra ratings for age or it being his first goal. On that basis, criticizing others for not rating Sheehan higher is ridiculous. What next when rating? A half point for his first game in yellow boots? An extra point for MDV for losing weight and lets give Fulop a 9 every week for being so tall lol

I know some people get protective over Thracs comments because he at times does get some abuse but when he comes out with things like that he deserves some of the responses!

I'm not sure it came over but, having admitted to having a few to celebrate our win, I was being a bit tongue in cheek about Sheehan. I'm not generally in the habit of criticising anyone about their player ratings - or how they base those ratings. PS: It's a bit late now but DeVries does deserve credit for losing so much weight. I know how hard it is! :D

Then I want a round of applause - two and a half stone so far (from my peak), and counting! :D

I feel a lot better hearing you say that. :whistle::D

My youngest's no better. He got a bit mouthy and said I was probably big enough to register as a tank transporter.

Kids can be so unkind! :(

I'm not sure it came over but, having admitted to having a few to celebrate our win, I was being a bit tongue in cheek about Sheehan. I'm not generally in the habit of criticising anyone about their player ratings - or how they base those ratings. PS: It's a bit late now but DeVries does deserve credit for losing so much weight. I know how hard it is! :D

As someone who tries to go to the gym to keep the weight down but fails miserably, I know that feeling but we should judge players on their performances and not the reasons as to why. Lets judge everyone on his merits! BTW, by looking at some of your posts I`ll guess that you get pi$$ed a lot??? :whistle:lol

Fulop - 7 (comfortable, nothing to do)

N'Gotty - 7 (a solid performance)

McAuley - 6.5 (also solid, clumsy penalty give-away)

Kisnorbo - 8 (a rock)

Clarke - 7.5 (no mistakes and a decent amount of service)

Sheehan - 7 (came into the game in the 2nd half and looked effective)

Clemence - 8 (bossed the midfield and was unlucky not to score a great goal)

Weso - 9 (man of the match - his pass with the outside of the boot to set up DJ who then hit the post was the best I have seen in years)

DJ - 6.5 (scored a blank-range goal but still looked lazy and squandered the best move of the match)

Hume - 8 (a great goal & worked hard as always. still not getting enough passes into his feet)

MdV - 6 (took his goal well and showed good determination but is still inexusably slow and really lacking in quality)

As someone who tries to go to the gym to keep the weight down but fails miserably, I know that feeling but we should judge players on their performances and not the reasons as to why. Lets judge everyone on his merits! BTW, by looking at some of your posts I`ll guess that you get pi$$ed a lot??? :whistle:lol

I don't like rules of any sort.

As for the amber nectar I hardly drink at all if we lose so generally it's been a cheap few years.

Decent start to this season though. :cheers:

Fulop - 7 - He seems to have calmed the whole side down, confidence is high.

N'Gotty - 7 - He played for AC Milan you know.

Clarke - 8 - I think this guy is great, I hope he keeps it up and we extend the deal.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Coped well with what Watford had.

McAuley - 7 - Likewise

Hume - 7 - great strike, still has to work on his decision making, but played well.

Wesolowski - 9 - It is frightening to think how good he could have been without the breaks.

Clemence - 8 - Class, he does what it says on the tin.

Sheehan - 7 - much better than last week (still need a proper left winger though)

Campbell - 6 - We bought him to score goals and he has 2 in his last 2 now

de Vries - 7 - Clearly just wants to play at Walkers. When he plays like that we create chances, Danny Shittu won't play many games where he is mauled and battered.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. de Vries has always been in the thick of the action at home, but in away matches he doesn't ever seem to be able to mark his mark on a game. People need to accomadate for his weaknesses because when he's in form like the second half against Watford, there are few teams that know how to deal with him.

Fulop 7 - Didn't have a lot to do, but he fills me with confidence and that's the first time i've felt that about one of our goalies since Stuart Taylor's brief stint here.

N'Gotty 7 - For a 36 year old who's best position is centre half, he has impressed me no end at right back and is so composed on the ball. Going forward he's useful as well, his persistance for Hume's goal was reward for wanting to attack.

Kisnorbo 7.5 - Did a number on King and was solid all game. Glad to see him back and in this form.

McAuley 7.5 - Thought he was our best player for the first 20-25 mins when we weren't in full swing. Like Kisnorbo, was solid all game and I like how composed he is on the ball when we're not at panic stations. I hate the resembelance of Matt Heath though, I fear he'll start playing like him one day.

Clarke 7 - Steady, really steady. Didn't put a foot wrong, my only gripe is that he looks uncomfortable going forward and with Sheehan at left wing, It's essential that our central midfielders are on form and that the ride side is fluent. But it didn't matter against Watford because every player worked as a unit and we played them off the park. Defensively astute.

Hume 8 - It was always going to be interesting to see how Hume got on our wide. Plenty want him playing there permanently, my only concern is that if he does, will he score as many goals as he does playing through the middle? If we can be a success without his 15 or so goals from upfront then faiur do's, but I don't think he'll play there much this season. It all depends on the other strikers, I suppose. All 3 did their jobs on Saturday, it was a pleasure to watch. What a finish, almost Joachim style circa Barnsley away.

Clemence 8 - Captain fantastic, stamped his authority when needed. But as he's said himself, he's got nothing but praise for Wesolowski and knows that we have a special player in the making. He was happy to let Weso take the limelight. Fookin barbaric effort from 35 yards that rattled the bar, deserved a goal as well. One will come his way soon, hopefully tonight.

Wesolowski 9* - Frightening display. He's been building up to this for a while now. He's a masterclass in an all action midfielder, it's performances like this that make the time and affort put in to Academies all the worth while. He ran the show. As Barton said, it's uncomprehensible to think how good he could be, even with the 2 leg breaks. I think he's showing strong signs that they are a minor blip on his road to a very successful footballing career.

Sheehan 8 - I was very surprised to see him still in the starting line-up, but fair play to Allen for sticking with him. He had a solid performance at left wing and he can smack a ball. Was unlucky not to score 2 more. I don't want to put a dampener on him, he's had a blinder. But in the long run, I don't see him at left wing. But he's got a role to play here with performances like that. Nice to have a player dangerous from set pieces.

Campbell 7 - Still looks a bit off the pace to me. But he's the poacher we've been after since Dickov left us. Pops up where needed just like a certain Tony Cottee and his pace will hurt teams this season. He might be one of thsoe players that doesn't impress off the ball like Hume but hes showing signs of being the sort of player that will bury goals for us. I've been ctiricial of the price we paid for him, but if he averages a goal every other game, it's a bargain. More to come. He enjoyed his goal, he likes Chelsea Dagger as well.

de Vries 8 - I love him. It's got to the stage now, where I can accept his weaknesses and the fact that sometimes he'll look fookin awful. But when he's on the money it makes up for it. He's a joy to watch. First half he was fairly anonymous, second half he was superb. Allen needs to work out how best to use him. Away from home, he's probably not going to hurt teams as much as Hume & Campbell on the counter attack. But at home, playing in your face football. Teams will struggle against him. Gave Shittu a right going over. Brilliant finish and celebration, did he break down in tears after he scored?

Subs:

Chambers 7 - Class again.

Kaebi 6.5 - Looks nifty, those warm up routines when he was ready to come on were special, haha. Think he'll take the piss when he settles in, looks fearless.

Kishishev 6 - Wasn't on long enough to make an impression. 4-0 up, job was done.

Archived