Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Player Ratings - Watford

Fulop - 7 - He seems to have calmed the whole side down, confidence is high.

N'Gotty - 7 - He played for AC Milan you know.

Clarke - 8 - I think this guy is great, I hope he keeps it up and we extend the deal.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Coped well with what Watford had.

McAuley - 7 - Likewise

Hume - 7 - great strike, still has to work on his decision making, but played well.

Wesolowski - 9 - It is frightening to think how good he could have been without the breaks.

Clemence - 8 - Class, he does what it says on the tin.

Sheehan - 7 - much better than last week (still need a proper left winger though)

Campbell - 6 - We bought him to score goals and he has 2 in his last 2 now

de Vries - 7 - Clearly just wants to play at Walkers. When he plays like that we create chances, Danny Shittu won't play many games where he is mauled and battered.

If I had to rate them based on how I heard it on the radio (obviously not something I'm going to try), I'd stick that down.

Fulop-7 Solid

N'Gotty-7 Did his job, looked solid and calm

McAuley- 8 solid, didn't look threatened by the Watford frontline (didn't see penalty incident)

Kisnorbo-8 quietly effective

Clarke-6/7 looked comfortable but a little slow

Hume-9 awesome :D , great finish, usual passion

Wesolowski-10 faultless, committed, future captain?

Clemence-9 magnificent, playmaking role, showed passion in the melée too :thumbup:

Sheehan-8/9 what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his delivery. Very impressed, great judjement Thracian :clap:

Campbell-8 livewire, poacher's finish, constant nuisance, just what we need

De Vries-8 Apparently wore ice scates for the entire game, yet wreaked havoc amongst the defence. Classy finish :worship:

Chambers-7 Why exactly did Watford sell him? Their loss our gain, showed his versatility too

Kaebi- Looked a little nervous, but that tackle... :thumbup:

Kishishev- No time to do ought

MA-9 great attacking football imo for the last 70 minutes, over-enthusiastic waving to the kop :clap:

THE REF-1 Blimey :@

P.S- I personally thought Marlon King was the one bright light for them, he looked lively and dangerous whilst playing out of position on the wing, though should have been sent off atleast once...

Fulop 7 - Again, has an air of authority. Caught a few high balls but did let one go too. Didn`t have too much to do otherwise but solid.

N'Gotty 7.5 - I suppose I`d prefer Chambers at right-back for attacking purposes but I cant knock N`Gotty who was solid once again.

McAuley 8 - I can see why MA doesnt want to drop him for a N`Gotty/Kisnorbo CB partnership. He makes telling interceptions and clearances. Quality.

Kisnorbo 8.5 - Threw himself in when needed and anticipated the game superbly. Dare I say it but he looks even better than last season. Im not sure whether its done to improvement whilst playing for Oz or the fact that he is playing with better players but he was real class today. Lets hope Brum dont come after him again (or anyone else)

Clarke 7.5 - A couple of great blocks and tackles and looks a real steady left-back. I was worried about his lack of pace but his positioning gets him out of trouble. Still not match fit but I think with Clarkey that we dont need to worry about the LB position.

Hume 8.5 - Never disappoints. Started on the bench last week but came on to change the game and today he played right-mid but floated in a lot. Put a couple of really good crosses in that weren't read too but he has the class to drop off and create. What a great goal too (Hughes, see what can be done lol)

Clemence 8 - Another quality captains display. Lead by example, inspired others and was in control at all times.

Wesolowski 9 - I haven't seen much of Weso live but jeez I didn't realize he was this good. Clems presence may be rubbing off on this lad and he could really be anything. Hopefully his injury woes are a thing of the past because we have a proper player here.

Sheehan 7.5 - I thought that MA would give Levi a go after his performance as sub last week but fair play to MA, he stuck by him and to me he looked really impressive. He isnt afraid to shoot either is he lol

Campbell 8 - A couple of lovely turns and another goal Looked more up for it and maybe is starting to forget his transfer fee and play a little more like himself. 2 in 3 so far and maybe he will be the 20 goal a season scorer we crave.

de Vries 8 - We saw the best and the worst of the big fella today. At times looked lost and his positioning and reading of the game let him down and then we saw some sublime control and touches and took his goal superbly. Was a handful and made Shittu look (fill the gaps) :D

M Allen 8.5 - Once again inspires his troops during his half-time team talk and that produced the best 15 mins Ive seen in years! Goals, hitting post, bar and energy. Kept Sheehan in that worked which I personally wouldn't have done and played Hume from the right and allowed him to drift in. Kept N`Gotty at RB despite availability of Kaebi and Chambers which again worked very well. All this despite the crap in the papers. :clap:

Support 8 - Apparently on about 21k turned up which was disappointing but maybe understandable as its still holiday season. A few prats slagging off De Vries and the odd one having a pop at Sheehan for some reason didn't dampen the noise from the locals.

fulop 7 ( far more assured than other 4 )

ngotty 7 ( same old mr reliable)

clarke 7 ( solid )

kisnorbo 8 ( handled that vanker king really well , awesome in the air)

mcauley 7 ( steady , few good blocks )

hume 8 ( wanted him to play that role for ages , looks dangerous in wide positions , WHAT A GOAL )

weso 9 * ( covered every blade of grass , neat and tidy , strong in the tackle)

clemence 8 ( really makes us tick )

sheehan 8 ( the 1 thing with playing him lm is that he gets the shots away , unlucky with 2 efforts so deserved some luck with his free kick , rarely gave the ball away)

de vries 8 ( 100% heart , really deserved his goal , his tears told us how desperate he is too succeed )

campbell 7 ( good movement all game , nice finish for his goal . 20 goals must be the target )

subs all 6

Fulop 7 looks like he will get better as gets to know the defence

Clarke 6 wasn't really tested today after the first ten miuntes but they were worrrying enough as he was outpaced 3/4 times

Kisnorbo 8 Good solid performance put his body on the line when it mattered

McAuley 8 Excellent especially in the first tem minutes when we where in danger of being bulldozed out of the stadium

N'Gotty 8 I like this guy calm and collected but not at full back, with our 433 formation the full backs need to get forward more

Sheehan 7 Much better from Sheehan and he will get better still given a decent run in the side

Wesolowski 8 Won lots of ball but was sloppy once or twice but did feed through a couple of perfect passes to the front guys

Clemence 7 As I said from the Portsmouth games plays a much better game with Weso than he does with Kish, he's more comfortable holding the central position and allowing Weso to roam

Hume 8 Cracking goal worked really hard more as a third forward that a right mid-fielder

Campbell 8 Well poached goal - still not found his feet but looks to have a scorers instinct

De Vries 8 Worked really hard and showed some fine touches and lay offs and his goal deserves more than to be put down as weak/tired defenders, he made and scored a clever individual goal

Fulop 7 - Great save in vain just before the pen, didn't have a lot to do

N'Gotty 7 - Not a right back, but did well

McAuley 7 - Getting better

Kisnorbo 9 - Absolutely sensational. A couple of big tackles and some awesome heading. For his height, he is the best header of a football in this division. Outstanding.

Clarke 7 - Steady again. Which is what you want from a left back

Hume 8.5 - Fantastic goal, all action as usual.

Clemence 8.5 - Always in control. Sheer class.

Wesolowski 9 - Best i've seen him play. Full of running, good passing.

Sheehan 7 - Great to see him score, but he still doesn't convince me wide right.

Campbell 7.5 - Looked busy, good poaching.

de Vries 8.5 - I have the misfortune of sitting around a couple of closed-minded morons who won't give him a chance. My protestations in his defence were justified by a superb goal, created single handedly. Although not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, he worked his socks off and did much good work.

Cause it was his b/day silly :D

Fulop 7- Steady.

N'Gotty 7- Did what he had to do, and did it well

McAuley 7- Didn't put a foot wrong (possibly the penalty?)

Kisnorbo 7- Same as McAuley

Clarke 7- Steady once again.

Hume 9- Absolutely superb. :)

Clemence 8.5- Brilliant.

Weso 8.5- Fantastic.

Sheehan 8- Great performance.

DJ- 8- Poached the goal well again.

De Vries 8.5- Held the ball up superbly and scored a quality goal despite being absolutely knackered.

Overall, midfield and strikers ran the show, with the defence putting in a very solid performance.

Agree with that tbh, altought I thought Kisnorbo was very good yet again.

Fulop 7 - Not a lot to do really. EDIT: Can i also just say this guys a fooking monster!! Massive, surely which must inspire confidence in the defence. I like him.

Clarke 6 - Solid, reliable, exposed by pace a few times but miles better than what we had.

Kisso 8 - great as usual, commanding, exceptional performance, won everything.

Big Mac 8 - Same as Kisso, reliable, won everything in the air and on the floor.

Bruno 7 - Does this guy know how to give the ball away? So efficient most of the time, just a cultured footballer. You can tell hes played at the highest level even at 38.

Sheehan 7 - Great left foot, didnt play brilliant though, but was always a threat with his left peg.

Weso 9 - Brilliant, exceptional this kid is everywhere. Adds bite, energy, passes well, cant speak highly enough of him. One of the hottest young properties in the Championship surely.

Clem 8 - I love this guy, makes everything so easy, keeps it simple, just the perfect holding type player. Fantastic. We've got a bargain for sure.

Hume 8 - Fantastic performance, his creativity is a useful asset out wide for sure, and what a fecking goal.

DJ 7 - He's a good poacher, doesn't do a huge lot outside of the penalty area, but does his job and when the balls bouncing about in the area you can bet who will put it in the back of the net.

deVries 7 -Good performance from the big fella today, very happy for him, worked his balls off. Is that enough, i dont know but well done Mark, you've been thrown into it and done a good job so far. Well done fella.

Martin Allen 9 - Great stuff. Motivation, passion, belief, summed up him and his players today. Brilliant.

Ref - What a willy puller. Its the same every week though isnt it?!

You are a miserable lot.

It doesn't matter what Sheehan does you lot mark him down.

He scores and retains possession from one end of the game to he other and you miserable bastards still mark him down.

I've just got totally pissed in cracking company because having said "we'll see" about the notion of Watford beating us we gave them a comprehensive whooping and could have scoed six.

Fans would have dropped DeVries, who had a cracker, fans would have dropped Sheeehan who was applauded off so I'll hope now you'll show some appreciation on what could have been the day we whooped the league leaders by six.

Yes in the end it was a comprehensive 4-1 but City attacked when they took the lead and kept having a go Well done lads, you're on your way,

Fulop - 7 Solid, did what he had to do. So much better than Henderson and Logan.

Clarke - 7 Did well, got beaten a few times but he won't come up against many better strikers than Marlon King. Got forward well.

McAuley- 7 Solid

Kisnorbo - 8 Class, won everything

N'gotty - 7 Was alright, prefer him at CB

Hume - 8 Really like him on the right, quick, good crosser, can drift inside and hit shots like that.

Clemence - 8 Pure class

Weso - 9 Absolute quality, won the ball, passed it well. If he can sort out some of his decision making he could be one of the best players in the league

Sheehan - 7 Did well, gave us some width. Good set pieces

De Vries - 8 At times he looks like Bambi on ice, at other times he is amazing. Great goal.

DJ - 8 Linked play up well, took his goal well and could have had another. Good movement and caused lots of problems.

You are a miserable lot.

He scores and retains possession from one end of the game to he other and you miserable bastards still mark him down.

Thought Sheehan had a cracking game :clap:

Martin Allen + 3 (+17 total)

Bonus point for beating the League leaders and for using what was effectively a fluid 4-3-3 system which played to our strengths.

We were so balanced we were able to pass our way right through the side and I wa interested to see how he used Sheehan in what was far more an old fashioned left-half role than as a left winger.

Consequently, at last, we had a left-sided player who could break through to have a shot which has not really been the case for a long time.

As someone else mentioned it also allowed others freedom to break as well because all of the players seemed to appreciate that when someone took the initiative someone else had to cover.

Suddenly we seemed to have players who could all take responsibility yet could all help make something happen.

Nice to see Ka'ebi. He wasn't there long but enough to show he got some class and real pace.

You are a miserable lot.

my slight critersism of him is something that he'll get better at the more he playes there, at times it was obvious that he is a left back playing left wing in the runs he made/failed to make

Fulop 7.5 (Not for his saves but for his presence)

N'Gotty 7.5 (Palace simply made no progress)

Kisnorbo 7.5 (Limited Watford to scraps)

McAuley 7.5 (as above)

Clarke 7.5 (Like a rock. Looked as if he'd played for us 100 years)

Hume 8 (Goal + attitude with effect)

Clemence 7 (Kept everything tickng)

Wesolowski 8 (Just one class player)

Sheehan 8.5 (Goal, quality distribution, just a class game)

DeVries 8.5 (Goal and endless important touches)

Campbell 8 (Another goal and a constant threat)

DeVries 8.5 (Quality goal and quality contributions)

Chambers 6

Kaebi 6.5

Kishishev 6

Four-one against the League leaders says it all and I'm glad MA had confidence in players many would have dropped

No wonder he was good!

lol we were discussing Thracian's likely reaction to Sheehan's game on the Live Chat. Amusingly accurate.

He sounded like he had a good game, in fairness, but I don't think a 7 is marking him down. The commentators on the radio, who had the benefit of video replays, actually joked that his goal was a woeful shot that got luckily deflected in. And he sounded all too trigger happy afterwards. I guess The Championship tomorrow morning will tell. :D

lol we were discussing Thracian's likely reaction to Sheehan's game on the Live Chat. Amusingly accurate.

He sounded like he had a good game, in fairness, but I don't think a 7 is marking him down. The commentators on the radio, who had the benefit of video replays, actually joked that his goal was a woeful shot that got luckily deflected in. And he sounded all too trigger happy afterwards. I guess The Championship tomorrow morning will tell. :D

To give him a higher rating than Weso just loses him an immense amount of credibility.

Archived