Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Squad Complete?

Sheehan has one good game there and already ppl prefer him to Danny Murphy! Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy! lol

Sheehan's had plenty of good games since MA arrived. And his gradually lengthening first team record is excellent.

Why don't you get off the guy's back and give him a fair chance like everyone else?.

People had reservations about Sheehan as a defender and it seems to me that he's improved in that respect, that MA's evolved a role for him that plays to his strengths and perhaps leaves his weaknesses less exposed.

That, to my mind is good management. In the fullness of time Sheehan may, as suggested by others, improve his defensive awareness and if he does I'm damned sure we'll benefit from his creativity and dead ball kicks.

This is not another advert for the guy. As Allen says, a big squad is competing for places and I don't see too many weaknesses anywhere like we've been used to in the past. Of course I hope Sheehan does well. But that goes for Clarke and Kishishev and Stearman, and McAuley and anyone else you might name.

I just think, as others have already done, you should cut Sheehan some slack.

It wouldn't bother me particularly if we didn't bring in another couple of players. I think the team is fairly strong and we have cover, when fit, for every position.

People have been saying we need a new left winger but for me, we have Porter, Hayes and even Sheehan who could potentially go out there and play well.

It wouldn't bother me particularly if we didn't bring in another couple of players. I think the team is fairly strong and we have cover, when fit, for every position.

People have been saying we need a new left winger but for me, we have Porter, Hayes and even Sheehan who could potentially go out there and play well.

yeah i know what your sayin & im not knockin hayes porter or sheehan all good players who im confident have the best years ahead of them but i believe that to make us a championship contending team we need an already proven consistent winger who can beat players put in good crosses & get his fair share of goals for example kris commons chris brunt & jerome thomas players of that calibre young or old :thumbup:

Not an exactly high-profile signing, but I'd like Fulop here permanently.

I think he is the best of what we have but to be honest, he hasnt been tested with a barrage of shots in recent games. The defenders have kept the shots down to a minimum so for that reason, I`d like to see how good he is at shot-stopping before we try to sign the lad!

I think he is the best of what we have but to be honest, he hasnt been tested with a barrage of shots in recent games. The defenders have kept the shots down to a minimum so for that reason, I`d like to see how good he is at shot-stopping before we try to sign the lad!

Remember that Elvis looked great in his first couple of games!

Sheehan's had plenty of good games since MA arrived. And his gradually lengthening first team record is excellent.

Why don't you get off the guy's back and give him a fair chance like everyone else?.

People had reservations about Sheehan as a defender and it seems to me that he's improved in that respect, that MA's evolved a role for him that plays to his strengths and perhaps leaves his weaknesses less exposed.

That, to my mind is good management. In the fullness of time Sheehan may, as suggested by others, improve his defensive awareness and if he does I'm damned sure we'll benefit from his creativity and dead ball kicks.

This is not another advert for the guy. As Allen says, a big squad is competing for places and I don't see too many weaknesses anywhere like we've been used to in the past. Of course I hope Sheehan does well. But that goes for Clarke and Kishishev and Stearman, and McAuley and anyone else you might name.

I just think, as others have alreay done, you should cut Sheehan some slack.

I'm not on this guys back and never intend to be!! My point was that i'm suprised ppl would turn down the chance to have a player of Danny Murphy's class here, and have enough faith in Sheehan to not think we need a new left midfielder. Perhaps Sheehan will become a very good player, no-one really knows yet, but I know if we have a chance of having Danny Murphy but playing on the Left, then Sheehan would always have to give way in my eyes. I want the best team possible and that for me would mean Murphy (if we can sign him) on the Left of midfield instead of Sheehan. That doesn't mean I'm saying Sheehan's shit or anything, I actually think he is good prospect, but that doesn't mean I will turn away potentially much better players in their positions. Stop being so protective over your acadmy bunch and listen to what ppl are actually saying! I just want the best possible, realistic starting 11 we can get! For me that would be Murphy on the left instead of Sheehan.

we still need a natural wide left midfield/wing player desperately in my opinion

Exactly why I'd rather we held back on splurging on Danny Murphy. We've already spent a lot of money and I'd rather we went for someone who really tackled the problem rather than one who comes with the reputation.

I'd still like to see us loan in another defender, just for cover in case someone gets injured. I reckon someone like Paul Huntington or David Edgar (both Newcastle) would make excellent loanees, and would be the type of players we should be trying to loan (if we need to).

Another midfielder that can play in the centre and also on the left side wouldn't go amiss either, but I do feel much more confident in our left with Clarke, who's made a fantatastic impression, and is steady at full back.

I expect 2 midfielders (cental and left plus another striker (if Fryatt goes ), no rush to sign the loanees (there in the bag if we want them).

I want to see the Clemence/Weso partnership grow in the middle so if another midfielder does come in, I`d like him to be a wide player.

I'd still like to see us loan in another defender, just for cover in case someone gets injured. I reckon someone like Paul Huntington or David Edgar (both Newcastle) would make excellent loanees, and would be the type of players we should be trying to loan (if we need to).

Another midfielder that can play in the centre and also on the left side wouldn't go amiss either, but I do feel much more confident in our left with Clarke, who's made a fantatastic impression, and is steady at full back.

Good shout there, both looked like decent youngsters last season & I think Big Sam would possibly be looking to loan those two out.

I'm sorry I just can't agree with that. Danny Murphy would be one of the best Midfielders, if not the best in the Championship. the guy ouses class! ANd if there is even a sniff at us signing him which I never thought possible as he is a Prem player, then we should take it, even if it does cost 1.5million! WHat's the point waiting till Jan or next Summer, he could move to someone like Wolves or WBA by then. Managers should always be looking for the best players that can improve us and I truely believe with a midfield of Kaebi---Weso---Clemence---Murphy, then we would have a cracking midfield!! I am still dubious whether we could land him or anyone in the Championship for that matter, but hey we should definately go after him if there's a chance.

I agree with that. Murphy is an experienced pro and would have no problem down the left. It would give us that extra boost that could potentially make us proper contenders.

Only Fulop and Clarke signing perminantly for me, both have looked solid since their arrival and have been a far cry from our previous loan signings in Yeates, Horsfield, welsh etc.

Gk - with Fulpo we're fine, Hendo not bad back-up

def - Sorted for me, Kisnorbo was almost the forgotten man in pre-season and having him back is like a new signing for me after watching the pompey, accrington and Blackpool games. Add him to N'Gotty and McAuley and thats pretty solid. Rb with Kaebi and Chambers and even N'Gotty is also very solid, lb with Clarke, Mattock and Sheehan is fine. Plus back up players like Stearman and Kenton who can do a job in most / all defensive positions.

Midfield - Centre - in Weso and clemence its been like the dream partnership, both working really well together, showing good quality and with Kishishev and even Hellings backing them up that areas ok.

Left Mid - Porter looked good at palace so he can do a job as can sheehan on saturdays display as well as Mattock.

Right Mid - Fine again - Hume has got the work rate and attributes to play there and with Kaebi returning too and Newton as back up we'll be fine there.

Up front - In De Vries, campbell and Hume we have 3 strikers who can generally cause strikers problems. De vries has been like a new signing and whilst Campbell's start hasn't been too spectacular 2 goals in 2 starts in the league, the stats don't lie! Plus with Cort to come back and even Fryatt who's future may well be elsewhere but has got what it takes in my opinion.

On the issue of Murphy, he would be a fantastic signing but realistically I don't think it'll happen and won't be the end of the world if it doesn't. Looking at our squad currently I am very pleased.

I expect 2 midfielders (cental and left plus another striker (if Fryatt goes ), no rush to sign the loanees (there in the bag if we want them).

only trouble would be if they continue to go well, their value and subsequently their price could go up....

If i remember correctly MO was quoted 60k to sign Izzet but preferred to take him on loan, he did so well during the loan the fee went up to 600k...

Old Ivan turned down a loan move to Sheffield United yesterday. You've gotta respect his playmaking and his defensive challenges for his age. He's clearly looking for a bigger club to join.........

Don't need him. Could do a lot better with the wages he'd be asking for..

Archived