Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
prayforsnow

Who's side are you on?

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who's side are you on?

• Milan Mandaric
    • Martin Allen
    • Don't know

For better or worse, for the time being we have to tolerate and believe Mandaric. However, if this sort of thing continues to happen - and I suspect it will - it will be interesting to see how long it will be before the planks start falling from peoples eyes. This hero worshipping of Mandaric is quite sickening to be honest.

A couple of my mates support Pompey and they have all said that despite him being a pain in the backside and somethings going OTT, his heart was always in the club and to this day almost still is. If he has the same level of motivation to succeed with us as he did with them, we`ll be OK. As for the worshiping of MM, when you are down and out and someone offers you the chance to get back on your feet, you`ll usually think you owed them everything!

I'm not sure you know how he does treat people though. If it's the timing after what happened with Clive Clarke that's upset you then I can't argue with that - you're entitled to your opinion on that. But I have a suspicion it's more than just that - you seem to be making a lot of assumptions and jumping to a lot of conclusions and when you calm down you'll realise it's a pretty silly idea to get rid of your season ticket over something where the facts aren't fully known or likely to be for some time.

I just think it's pretty rich for someone who criticised Allen so damningly after the Forest game to suddenly want to jack it all in because he's not in charge any more. Especially after your rather hasty opinion on Worthington.

I've already explained about Forest. Nothing inconsistent about that at all.

As for Worthington he was a passing cloud. I never saw him as our potential long-term manager.

As for Worthington he was a passing cloud. I never saw him as our potential long-term manager.

I realise your opinion differs to mine and we're just going to argue about this all season probably. But don't jack your season ticket in. You sat through all that shite under Levein and Kelly. Whatever has happened between Mandaric and Allen, it's obvious that we're going to see some better football this season.

Last season when we were in the shite and staring relegation in the face you wanted us to do a Forest and get relegated and play loads from the youth team and have Beaglehole in charge to start again! Now you have a team that can challenge for the play-offs you still find reasons to moan. I think we should get MM out of the club and do as you say. Sell all our better players so MM can get his money back, get relegated and spend a few years in the 3rd division just so we have some integrity back at the club. :doh::frusty:

Mandaric is part of this club, Allen unfortunetly isn't, seems a bit of a no-brainer to me!!

whats happened has happened, like many it's taken me a day or two to cool down and accept the situation but at the end of the day its about the football club not the individuals.

I'm still a bit upset about the decision but we must move on, Mioan is our leader.

Last season when we were in the shite and staring relegation in the face you wanted us to do a Forest and get relegated and play loads from the youth team and have Beaglehole in charge to start again! Now you have a team that can challenge for the play-offs you still find reasons to moan. I think we should get MM out of the club and do as you say. Sell all our better players so MM can get his money back, get relegated and spend a few years in the 3rd division just so we have some integrity back at the club. :doh::frusty:

I thought that putting together a proper football together from our own resources was a better bet team than persisting with our negative tired-old has beens - even if we had to do it from the first division - but everything suggests to me that had we gione down that path and used people like Dodds, Gradel and King instead of Horsfield, Newton and Jarrett we wouldn't have got into anything like the mess we did.

It's impossible to know of course. And who cares? It is worthless speculation now.

I thought that putting together a proper football together from our own resources was a better bet team than persisting with our negative tired-old has beens - even if we had to do it from the first division - but everything suggests to me that had we gione down that path and used people like Dodds, Gradel and King instead of Horsfield, Newton and Jarrett we wouldn't have got into anything like the mess we did.

It's impossible to know of course. And who cares? It is worthless speculation now.

34 posts.

I wondered how long it would take to become another 'young boys r da best!!!' thread.

voted don`t know but i`m leaning more towards mm, keep hearing things about players and others not being able to work with allen and if this is true it would have led to a divided dressing room eventually so perhaps its a good thing he went now

They're all used to being cuddled and allowed to do what they want by Robert pissing Kelly thats why? Whats the point in bringing in a manager to "sort them out" if when he does that he gets sacked for making the players cry?!

I realise your opinion differs to mine and we're just going to argue about this all season probably. But don't jack your season ticket in. You sat through all that shite under Levein and Kelly. Whatever has happened between Mandaric and Allen, it's obvious that we're going to see some better football this season.

No it isn't.

We've had ONE home win in the past six months, under THREE different managers. Instability at the club has not led to better performances or results.

Mandaric has one more chance. He must appoint an experienced knowledgeable manager with a track record in the top two divisions who can command the respect of the fans. Then he should let the guy settle in before mouthing off to his media mates.

But until the chairman accepts that he is at least part of the problem, we will be in a mess. We could easily end up like Leeds, or even worse!

Personally I thought Allen was a manager with 'limited' skills, although I thought he had enough to get us promoted in the long term. I voted Milan because he saw deficiencies and decided to act, which is by no means a easy decision to make or implement. But my opinion will quickly change if succes with a new manager is not quickly achieved!!!

It's impossible to know of course.

Thats right. The world beaters of Dodds, Gradel, Logan, King, Levi. We would probably have won the Championship. Why we didnt just persist with a team of academy kids and really go for it with expansive fluent care free football i`ll never know. :|

Your methods of relegation and play the kids were so naive as is your current position on MM. I have voted on this thread as a "dont know" because I dont know enough facts about the situation to side with one person in particular on this specific issue, however, Milan has already worked wonders for the club just by the state of our squad to warrant that he is a good thing.

No it isn't.

We've had ONE home win in the past six months, under THREE different managers. Instability at the club has not led to better performances or results.

Mandaric has one more chance. He must appoint an experienced knowledgeable manager with a track record in the top two divisions who can command the respect of the fans. Then he should let the guy settle in before mouthing off to his media mates.

But until the chairman accepts that he is at least part of the problem, we will be in a mess. We could easily end up like Leeds, or even worse!

:rolleyes:

We had the worst squad since the Pleat days last season and there wasn't a lot Mandaric could do about it seeing as the transfer window had closed. Personally I'm judging him on this season and we're already seeing that players with the class of N'Gotty, Clemence and Kaebi will provide better football than the duffers we had to put up with last season.

But then I'm not completely biased against Mandaric, I'm just calling it how I see it.

Thats right. The world beaters of Dodds, Gradel, Logan, King, Levi. We would probably have won the Championship. Why we didnt just persist with a team of academy kids and really go for it with expansive fluent care free football i`ll never know. :|

Your methods of relegation and play the kids were so naive as is your current position on MM. I have voted on this thread as a "dont know" because I dont know enough facts about the situation to side with one person in particular on this specific issue, however, Milan has already worked wonders for the club just by the state of our squad to warrant that he is a good thing.

You're exaggerating again. And I was perfectly happy with the "fluent football" we played some of the time against Watford thanks - with Clarke, N'Gotty, Clemence, DeVries as well as some young players. I like Kishishev, Fulop and Kaebi too so don't conjure up illusions.

but a lot of them were never managed by robert kelly

Well lets go through them

Nielsen: MM/DM signing, forced upon MA who thought he was shit.

Kaabi: Has gone on record thanking MA for all his help settling in.

Hellings: Another MM/DM signing who MA cleary doesn't rate.

DJ Campbell: Obviously has no problem with Martin Allens style of management.

Hayes also obviously has no problem with MA style of management

Clemance and N'Gotty seem to have little problem with him judging by their peformances on the pitch, but if they have so be it? Same goes for James Chambers actually.

Corts just been permantly injured so has had minimal dealing with the manager, he'd of seen more of Damien Doyle :rolleyes:

Newton was here last season

Sappeltons a youngster anyway!

You're exaggerating again. And I was perfectly happy with the "fluent football" we played some of the time against Watford thanks - with Clarke, N'Gotty, Clemence, DeVries as well as some young players. I like Kishishev, Fulop and Kaebi too so don't conjure up illusions.

Ive thought all along that a lot of your posts are so biased towards your own beliefs that you almost prefer things to go wrong so you can come back later and say "I told you so". Whether its saying like you did today that "Only two of you didn't want MM in" and then going on a crusade on every thread possible to make MM out to be the devil or over-rating your favourite players at the expense of players you didn't initially rate (like Clemence).

Any idiot would just see the facts. The facts that we are now a team that can compete in this division and will not be lurking around the relegation places. A club that can pay 7 figure sums for players. A club that doesn't have to sell its better players like we did in turning down a healthy bid for Fryatt from one of our rivals. A squad that is so big that we can now cover the first team with some decent back-ups.

As much as I am still hurting inside about the MA sacking as I thought all was rosey, we must all move on and except we are in better hands than we were last season and things need to move on. Trying to over exaggerate everything to fell even worse than we already do in the hope that we somehow some loons will jump on the bandwaggon and want MM out for the sake of integrity is bollox. We`ll soon forget this week once we have a new manager at the helm thats for certain.

Ive thought all along that a lot of your posts are so biased towards your own beliefs that you almost prefer things to go wrong so you can come back later and say "I told you so". Whether its saying like you did today that "Only two of you didn't want MM in" and then going on a crusade on every thread possible to make MM out to be the devil or over-rating your favourite players at the expense of players you didn't initially rate (like Clemence).

Any idiot would just see the facts. The facts that we are now a team that can compete in this division and will not be lurking around the relegation places.

I'm sure Leeds fans thought the same when Ken Bates took over.

At least wait and see who the new manager is before forming that opinion.

I'm sure Leeds fans thought the same when Ken Bates took over.

At least wait and see who the new manager is before forming that opinion.

Im looking at the squad of players we have. Regardless who the manager is, we wont be in a relegation dog fight. We may be mid-table but we wont be in a relgation dogfight.

Any idiot would just see the facts. The facts that we are now a team that can compete in this division and will not be lurking around the relegation places. A club that can pay 7 figure sums for players. A club that doesn't have to sell its better players like we did in turning down a healthy bid for Fryatt from one of our rivals. A squad that is so big that we can now cover the first team with some decent back-ups.

As much as I am still hurting inside about the MA sacking as I thought all was rosey, we must all move on and except we are in better hands than we were last season and things need to move on. Trying to over exaggerate everything to fell even worse than we already do in the hope that we somehow some loons will jump on the bandwaggon and want MM out for the sake of integrity is bollox. We`ll soon forget this week once we have a new manager at the helm thats for certain.

Two or three of us did have reservations about MM but, while I cannot speak for the others, that doesn';t mean I didn't want him to be successful and haven't fully supported him. Quite the contrary. I have supported him and have certainly never wanted things to go wrong at any time.

But my reservations were entirely consistent with what has happened and, while I was prepared to let him start here with a clean sheet, unlike some I think that fairness and integrity count for something.

On players I don't recall saying I didn't rate him only that he'd not shown anything special up to the point of writing and, despite his good form against Watford and Palace he didn't look very clever against Forest either.

On balance I think he'll be an asset but I'm a long way for making my mind up.

As for the siuation pre-MM it was exaggerated. We weren't bound for administration as some have said and we shouldn't have been lurking around the relegation zone even with the players we had - as wins over Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Watford, Wolves and other decent teams testified on many occasions. Much of the time our problems were self-inflicted by our tactics and team selections.

As for the situation pre-MM it was exaggerated. We weren't bound for administration as some have said and we shouldn't have been lurking around the relegation zone even with the players we had - as wins over Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Watford, Wolves and other decent teams testified on many occasions. Much of the time our problems were self-inflicted by our tactics and team selections.

....as well as the uncertainty caused by the drawn-out takeover saga and the incessant media speculation.

Archived