Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
prayforsnow

Who's side are you on?

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who's side are you on?

• Milan Mandaric
    • Martin Allen
    • Don't know

I'm not on anyone's side, because it's a pointless endevour.

I don't think Allen, should have been sacked, and I have major concerns about Mandaric's track record with managers.

But Allen's gone, and Milan's going to pick a new manager. I just hope he gets that one right, and there's bugger all I can do about it, since I lack a spare 30 million quid or so to buy the club and make it my decision.

Even that option indicates that you have contemplated that there are 'sides' to take.

As I said, only stupid people would consider taking 'sides' on an issue they know very little about.

How about adding an 'I'm not retarded so I'll reserve judgement until such time as more concrete facts emerge' option?

So that's 156 idiots so far! :blink:

Two or three of us did have reservations about MM but, while I cannot speak for the others, that doesn';t mean I didn't want him to be successful and haven't fully supported him. Quite the contrary. I have supported him and have certainly never wanted things to go wrong at any time.

But my reservations were entirely consistent with what has happened and, while I was prepared to let him start here with a clean sheet, unlike some I think that fairness and integrity count for something.

On players I don't recall saying I didn't rate him only that he'd not shown anything special up to the point of writing and, despite his good form against Watford and Palace he didn't look very clever against Forest either.

On balance I think he'll be an asset but I'm a long way for making my mind up.

As for the siuation pre-MM it was exaggerated. We weren't bound for administration as some have said and we shouldn't have been lurking around the relegation zone even with the players we had - as wins over Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Watford, Wolves and other decent teams testified on many occasions. Much of the time our problems were self-inflicted by our tactics and team selections.

What about the £8m debt theywere about to show in the current accounts and no way of funding it.

Things had got so bad there was a tacit agrrement to sell our best players at whatever we could get for them.

None of the board were prepared to put their hands in their pockets.

We were very close to going into administration again and the FA were already rubbing their hands at the prospect of relegating us and a 15 points deduction had we have been forced into it by the people we owed.

Well, no, as option three implies that 'taking sides' is a valid action, just that you haven't decided which to take.

Option three should be 'Sides? Grow up you twat.'

:thumbup:

valid point there dammit i can't retract my vote though :D

I did. :bounce::banana:

:thumbsup: high fiiiive :ermm::P

What about the £8m debt theywere about to show in the current accounts and no way of funding it.

Things had got so bad there was a tacit agrrement to sell our best players at whatever we could get for them.

None of the board were prepared to put their hands in their pockets.

We were very close to going into administration again and the FA were already rubbing their hands at the prospect of relegating us and a 15 points deduction had we have been forced into it by the people we owed.

I thought the finance bloke who resigned over MM's arrival said at some stage that the position was not as precarious as was being rumoured and was not bad enough to send us into administration again. It's a long time ago so I'll happily stand correcting.

Morally, on Allen's.

Financially, on Mandaric's.

However being on MA's side in this situation does not mean i don't back MM, because i do, just nowhere near to the extent i did a few days ago and i will only back him in so much as he is our chairmen and we have to. However if he brings in the right manager and gets results then i shall again back the balkan nutcase, but for now i think he's made a rash and poor decision.

I just hope upon hope than Milan knows what he's doing. Fingers crossed.

Both of those summise this quite nicely.

Evening All. First post, I've been stalking for a while and thought I'd reply to the thread.

Basically does it matter who's at fault ?

Bottom line is that you'd be foolish to think that it was gonna be roses and chocolates with MM here, we all knew what was in store it's not as if the Pompey fans didn't warn us. I'm not surprised one bit that this has happened. The sooner a lot of people realise that this is 'Normal behaviour' for Milan the better. I'll back him cos I believe he'll get us where he wants us, if not then it'll have been a crazy ride, so lets enjoy it.

Can anybody seriously argue that it's correct to sack a manager in these circumstances. It's shameful, if the guy's gonna win games then that's fair enough. And if you're going to sack him, choose a more dignified time in which to do it. Milan hasn't exactly pumped that much money into the club and most of us were dying for a manager who'd kick the crap out of these lazy bunch of losers. He came and he didn't even have the chance to prove himself based on result. Be objective about it, the rest of the football world is laughing at Mandaric.

Are we all that fickle that we'll change our opinion about a man that suddenly in four or five days. This is pathetic.

Very interesting all this. Despite the hijacking of this subject by all the pro-Mandaric suporters and trying to belittle the anti-Mandaric decision, the poll has only a margin of 10 on the side of Mandaric (at the time of writing). And Mandaric has been allowed his side of the story as well. Very interesting.

Very interesting all this. Despite the hijacking of this subject by all the pro-Mandaric suporters and trying to belittle the anti-Mandaric decision, the poll has only a margin of 10 on the side of Mandaric (at the time of writing). And Mandaric has been allowed his side of the story as well. Very interesting.

Verging on the remarkable! :D

Can anybody seriously argue that it's correct to sack a manager in these circumstances. It's shameful, if the guy's gonna win games then that's fair enough. And if you're going to sack him, choose a more dignified time in which to do it. Milan hasn't exactly pumped that much money into the club and most of us were dying for a manager who'd kick the crap out of these lazy bunch of losers. He came and he didn't even have the chance to prove himself based on result. Be objective about it, the rest of the football world is laughing at Mandaric.

Are we all that fickle that we'll change our opinion about a man that suddenly in four or five days. This is pathetic.

What's happened has happened, if you don't like it take your season ticket back and see if you can get a refund ! There's nothing you can do about it.

Bottom line is it's YOUR choice to support Leicester City, even if it means you don't agree with what goes on.

NO-ONE on here has any evidance to back up what they're saying regarding why MM got rid of MA. It'll all be forgot about this time next week cos no doubt something else will crop up here !

Just back the Club and the lads on the pitch !

The boo boys are at it again they should get off m m's back, at the end of the day hes just a successful and shrewd businessman whos invested his money to make a profit and if it helps LCFC to get back to top flight football then everybody wins. :D

How much is he paying you?

The boo boys are at it again they should get off m m's back, at the end of the day hes just a successful and shrewd businessman whos invested his money to make a profit and if it helps LCFC to get back to top flight football then everybody wins. :D

Curious that. Two new posters arriving and posting simultaneously and on the same subject withion an hour of one another.

And both with the same basic message.

As a neutral,I definately support Allen,Milan Mandaric dosen't really know how to run a football club and he talks a load of crap as well,in two interviews this week he's said "A man's got to do what a man's got to do".Sacking managers is just like going for a piss to him,he should hang his head in shame,he's going to make your club a laughing stock if not already,clubs like Wigan and Middlesborough are teams to look up to,well run clubs with patient chairman,that's why they are established premiership sides now,I can only see more mediocrity for you under Mandaric,and I feel so sorry for Martin Allen,I really hope he gets one over him.

Archived