Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

:o

If you get accepted, will it mean you post less on FoxesTalk?

Because that would ... be ... a tragedy. :unsure:

:D :D ;):P:D :D

What are you trying to say, Looky-do?

Say what you mean and don't beat about the bush.

Feel free to put the champers on ice as I will post less.

It's a 'Our first lesson planning lesson'

Everyone in my group is banging on about all these ideas for activities they've got. No one appears to want to pay attention to the objectives and outcomes. Idiots.

Group work sucks... and they'll learn :mellow:. The keenness for planning 'whizz-bang' lessons will soon wear off when they get slated for not covering off the basics / linking in with the National Curriculum / having the LO clearly defined, blah, blah, blah. Whether you agree with that way of 'having' to plan (and teach) or not is fundamentally irrelevant as that's what you'll be assessed on. Sure a bit of 'innovation' is to be applauded but, in all truthfulness, it's a very minor part and you'll get limited credit for it.

Best bit of advice I can give you is to try to work to your Uni's/tutor's system. You may think it's shite (and it probably is!) but play to it anyway - you'll have years ahead of you to chuck it out the window and do your own thing. Find out early on what your assessing tutor/s like to see, (what are their particular 'quirks'?), and work to those. Flattery and arse-licking really will get you a long way when it comes to grading and references!

I assume you're doing a PGCE (in History?). Whereabouts? Dunno your situation, who you have around to sound off to / run ideas by, etc, etc but if you do ever want an opinion or an 'outsider' to look stuff over (or even someone who you really can ask, "ok, what does this f'ing acronym actually mean?" - without feeling completely moronic!), etc, etc, PM me and I'll let you have my email/msn. It'll also save me going off on one about the education system on here and boring everyone else to tears. :)

I realise it's a busy time for you though so just get in touch of you feel it'd be of help - it's not that long since I went through the whole 'training' thing myself so I do still have some empathy! :thumbup:

Apologies to everyone else... yes, I know it's a footie forum... I should have PM'd it, etc.

I was on a roll... get over it! :D

work recovered from night on piss at pub and greyhounds and watched afl grand final street parade amongst a few thusand fans as soon as worked finshed straight to pub happy hour :D then watch melb victory beat danny tiattos mob 2-0 so now season read 1 win 5 draws from 6 games more drinks and then home good day nd tomorrow i will be one of 100,000 people at the afl will be awesome

gonna be a good day - sitting listening to art garfunkle, have some good friends over this evening, and have a pint of guinness resting on todays game with a norwegian stoke fan (which i fancy i'm gonna win) and i'm about to hit four-figures!

I am a connoisseur of cheese & onion rolls. I had a damn fine cheese & onion roll today, damn fine. I would say it was the third best cheese & onion roll I have ever had.

The pub also served a devilishly good bag of Salt & Vinegar crisps but not being a connoisseur of crisps I can not rate them.

My word, that was a damn fine cheese & onion roll.

A few beers, back to a mates for a game of cards and a further drink (as you get older you cant hack staying out in pubs and clubs all night and do more stuff at home so kids, be warned :unsure: ), Crashed on floor and got up nice and early to pick my son back and bring him to North London. Now I cant wedge him off the PSP since I got it chipped and he has shite loads of games to play lol. At least it saves me some money on excursions :unsure: