Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Festivals 2008

Leeds and Reading tickets go on sale on the 31st of March at 7PM if anyone wanted to know :thumbup:

Cheers my guesstimate was 2 weeks off! Gutted. Alright though means ive got more time to save.

Good stuff, was shitting myself, as I only had about £170 for the rest of the month, to play with like. But I get paid on the 28th March I believe, which is a god send!

Leeds '08, its happening. Camp Foxestalk. Yellow.

RATM. Come on!!!!!

Are you wimping out of Exit? :P:whistle:

Nope, not really - I'm planning on going to Exit and Reading if possible. Haven't got my head around getting organised for Exit at all yet, though. :(:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Leeds and reading prices are official. I'm happy with this :D

Voted Best Live Events at this year's NME Awards, The Reading & Leeds Festivals will be going on sale with tickets on Monday 31st March at 6:45pm.

Weekend Ticket with Camping £155

Early Entry £10

Day Ticket £65

Locker £15

Campervan £10

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/

How can anyone be happy paying £155 for a festival?!?! That's a ridiculous amount of money, especially as when you get there they'll probably charge you about £4 for a pint of warm carling and £7 a burger. British festivals take the piss worse than football in terms of prices.

How can anyone be happy paying £155 for a festival?!?! That's a ridiculous amount of money, especially as when you get there they'll probably charge you about £4 for a pint of warm carling and £7 a burger. British festivals take the piss worse than football in terms of prices.

Say £10 a band. I saw around 20 bands last year, so theres around £200's worth. Then there's the actual experience of being there. I think it's fair.

And if you're rich enough to pay £3.40 a pint or £4 for a burger the lucky you. Five days entertainment for £155 is fine for me.

Are you SUAS in disguise? :P

Leeds and reading prices are official. I'm happy with this :D

Voted Best Live Events at this year's NME Awards, The Reading & Leeds Festivals will be going on sale with tickets on Monday 31st March at 6:45pm.

Weekend Ticket with Camping £155

Early Entry £10

Day Ticket £65

Locker £15

Campervan £10

http://www.readingfestival.com/news/

Regardless of what Shrenchel says i'd consider that pretty good value for money, Yeah you get overcharged while your their on beer, food, e.t.c, but thats not really the organizers faults its the sellers of the beer, food, e.t.c (Although you could say it was the organizers fault perhaps charging them too much for their stall plot :dunno:)

I'd rather spend £155 for that than £155 (+ £200+) on a Leicester season ticket, £3 for cat-piss lager, and £2.50 for a cold pie, which no doubt i'll be paying anyway :frusty:

Say £10 a band. I saw around 20 bands last year, so theres around £200's worth. Then there's the actual experience of being there. I think it's fair.

And if you're rich enough to pay £3.40 a pint or £4 for a burger the lucky you. Five days entertainment for £155 is fine for me.

Are you SUAS in disguise?

Obviously if you work it out per band it's not horrific value, but if you look at how much a festival used to cost the organisers are clearly having a fooking giraffe. Glastonbury has gone up almost 100 quid in 10 years, reading and leeds something similar. You telling me that's inflation geez?

Festivals in Europe like Exit, Dour, Mysterland, Melt etc etc all still charging about 60 odd quid. Brits getting fleeced again but still putting their hand in their pocket.

Obviously if you work it out per band it's not horrific value, but if you look at how much a festival used to cost the organisers are clearly having a fooking giraffe. Glastonbury has gone up almost 100 quid in 10 years, reading and leeds something similar. You telling me that's inflation geez?

Festivals in Europe like Exit, Dour, Mysterland, Melt etc etc all still charging about 60 odd quid. Brits getting fleeced again but still putting their hand in their pocket.

House prices, bags of chips, cigarettes, alcohol, bread, milk.

It's life. People pay that much because they can (mainly students like myself i suppose) with more disposable income. Everything goes up in price.

Archived