Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Festivals 2008

So who's going where?

Me and my mates were talking the other day and we are considering going Global Gathering (I'm more into indie but don't mind my dance, Besides theres rumours bands may be appearing at Global this year), Download (A few of my mates went last year), And as soon as I mentioned the RATM rumour at Reading/Leeds we want to go there, and one of my mates normally going V so may tag along.

TBH doubt we'll go Reading/Leeds although that would be the main one i'd want to go to, Download is the weekend of my birthday and family are organising a party (I think) so not sure if i'll be going there...I pretty keen on all 3 though so hopefully i'll be doing a few festivals this year.

So who's going where?

Me and my mates were talking the other day and we are considering going Global Gathering (I'm more into indie but don't mind my dance, Besides theres rumours bands may be appearing at Global this year), Download (A few of my mates went last year), And as soon as I mentioned the RATM rumour at Reading/Leeds we want to go there, and one of my mates normally going V so may tag along.

TBH doubt we'll go Reading/Leeds although that would be the main one i'd want to go to, Download is the weekend of my birthday and family are organising a party (I think) so not sure if i'll be going there...I pretty keen on all 3 though so hopefully i'll be doing a few festivals this year.

Went to Reading a couple of years ago when Wolfmother an The Subways were playing, was decent weather and plenty to do around the campsite. Also alot of stages so if there is something on one stage you don't fancy there is bound to be something on another.

My older brother went to Global Gathering last year, and said that there is a really vibrant community feel, with a tonne to do if none of the acts interest you. Like you, hes not that much into dance but he said that the atmosphere and excitement that some of the performers provoked made it a memorable experience.

I'll see who is at where first but most likely to be Reading again.

Go to all of them.

Been Reading for the last 2 years and i'm definitely going again this year, regardless of who's playing. It's just an amazing weekend, the best bits about it aren't even the music. Although their are some interesting rumours going around about the bands playing. Couldn't care less about RAGE but The Verve would be incredible and so would Kasabian.

No festival has tickled my fancy yet but im a line up junky, ill wait till a silly little festival with a half quality half comedy line up appears and go to that, like last year when i went to Mad Dogs and Englishmen headlined by The Holloways and The Hoosiers. Support from Look See Proof, Blood Red Shoes, iForward Russia!, and a bunch more. Was really good.

Went to Reading a couple of years ago when Wolfmother an The Subways were playing, was decent weather and plenty to do around the campsite. Also alot of stages so if there is something on one stage you don't fancy there is bound to be something on another.

:wub:

Hoping to get to Leeds this year, should be a great weekend with mates.

Would be my first festival as well, just hope I can a. get tickets and b. afford it lol

Both times i've been i have gone for the 'Coach and weekend camping package'. It's about £30 more than the normal weekend ticket but you get taken and brought back :) But anyway these packages don't sell out for weeks after the release, i don't know why more people don't get them. It's really convenient, and your probably gonna spend about £30 getting there anyway. But the money bit, well i can't help you with that lol. It is a very expensive festival, and the price goes up every year! Worth it tho IMO.

I've booked a chalet for 6 at All Tomorrow's Parties in Butlins, Minehead. The one curated by Explosions in the Sky. Still thinking about going to Roskilde again. Will go to Summer Sundae as on our door step.

I've booked a chalet for 6 at All Tomorrow's Parties in Butlins, Minehead. The one curated by Explosions in the Sky. Still thinking about going to Roskilde again. Will go to Summer Sundae as on our door step.

I've never been but my mate always gets flyers through about it, The line-up always looks pretty weak for that.

Godiva Festival seems abit better if your looking for a local festival (And it's free - I think) was gonna go last year till some mate pulled out, Yeah it's in Coventry so that's the bad point, Last years main bands were Human League, Super Furry Animals, The Enemy, The Cribs.

Hmmm actually just looked at last year Summer Sundae - Didn't realise The Pigeon Detective's, Malcolm Middleton played last year.

And I knew Magic Numbers, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Kate Nash played but there abit popish for me. Expensive for the whats there really though 85 quid for a weekend ticket.

Good thing about summer sundae is the new bands that are on, they always have bands on that you haven't heard of at the time but by the next year they are pretty big. In 06 Jamie T and Larrikin Love played on a really small stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Err. T in the park line up is ok :unsure:

REM

Rage Against The Machine

The Verve

Kings Of Leon

Kaiser Chiefs

The Prodigy

Pigeon Detectives

The Raconteurs

The Fratellis

Stereophonics

The Kooks

Primal Scream

The Chemical Brothers

Interpol

Ian Brown

Biffy Clyro

Counting Crows

KT Tunstall

Feeder

The Enemy

The Feeling

Amy MacDonald

Panic At The Disco

Hot Chip

Aphex Twin

The Charlatans

The Pogues

Ben Folds

The Wombats

Reverend and The Makers

Pendulum

Justice

DJ Hell

Erol Alkan,

The National

Band of Horses

Seasick Steve

Eddy Grant

Alabama 3

Sons and Daughters

The Courteeners

Slam

Paul Heaton

Lightspeed Champion

The Ting Tings

Black Kids

Sergeant

The Law

Gabriella Cilmi

Sons of Albion

The Script

Err. T in the park line up is ok :unsure:

REM

Rage Against The Machine

The Verve

Kings Of Leon

Kaiser Chiefs

The Prodigy

Pigeon Detectives

The Raconteurs

The Fratellis

Stereophonics

The Kooks

Primal Scream

The Chemical Brothers

Interpol

Ian Brown

Biffy Clyro

Counting Crows

KT Tunstall

Feeder

The Enemy

The Feeling

Amy MacDonald

Panic At The Disco

Hot Chip

Aphex Twin

The Charlatans

The Pogues

Ben Folds

The Wombats

Reverend and The Makers

Pendulum

Justice

DJ Hell

Erol Alkan,

The National

Band of Horses

Seasick Steve

Eddy Grant

Alabama 3

Sons and Daughters

The Courteeners

Slam

Paul Heaton

Lightspeed Champion

The Ting Tings

Black Kids

Sergeant

The Law

Gabriella Cilmi

Sons of Albion

The Script

I'd go to that bad boy just to see Justice alone.

God < Seasick Steve.

Archived