Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Stearman leaves

Some people didn't rate Stearman, fair enough. Some people are disappointed with him for wanting to leave. But lets not pretend that James Chambers is better than him anyway. Not 1 of our many managers last season picked him at RB ahead of Stearman.

Some people didn't rate Stearman, fair enough. Some people are disappointed with him for wanting to leave. But lets not pretend that James Chambers is better than him anyway. Not 1 of our many managers last season picked him at RB ahead of Stearman.

The same set of managers whose tactical acumen and player knowledge left us in the bottom half all season, ending up with our relegation?

Magic.

The same set of managers whose tactical acumen and player knowledge left us in the bottom half all season, ending up with our relegation?

Magic.

One of those managers supposedly signed him.

Magic.

Excellent point, I personally wish that Chambers had been given more chances, I feel he remained professional throughout the season always giving his all in the reserves, and I believe that he offered more as an attacking option.

Err, Martin Allen did on the first day of last season.

Chambers got injured and by the time he'd fully recovered, Allen had been given the push.

Err, Martin Allen did on the first day of last season.

Chambers got injured and by the time he'd fully recovered, Allen had been given the push.

Yes you're right, when we lost to newly promoted Blackpool.

Excellent point, I personally wish that Chambers had been given more chances, I feel he remained professional throughout the season always giving his all in the reserves, and I believe that he offered more as an attacking option.

I like Chambers, seems like a good bloke, what with the charity trip and all that, plus not moaning in the press about not being played. Hopefully he'll get the full season to show what he's about (looked good when he played).

I'm sure Chambers playing right back was the sole reason we lost.

We'll never know, but the fact that he started and we lost doesn't prove he's better than Stearman either.

We'll never know, but the fact that he started and we lost doesn't prove he's better than Stearman either.

No, it was the match that summed up our season- plenty of chances, but no attacking punch in front of goal.

I don't think we can say if he is better than Stearman until he's had a full season in the team.

Well the blue eyed boy wonder has deserted the sinking ship the rat, least I wont have to listen to anymore talk of stears the local lad done good playing for his hometown club when hey presto he was born a yam yam wonder how long it will be before he says he supported wolves as a kid

When i think of stearman I think long ball down the line to nobody in particular but he will probably do well at wolves as most players who leave suddenly start playing well.

Incidently are wolves a bigger club than us and dont say yes because were in league 1 thats like saying wigan are bigger than leeds.

Well the blue eyed boy wonder has deserted the sinking ship the rat, least I wont have to listen to anymore talk of stears the local lad done good playing for his hometown club when hey presto he was born a yam yam wonder how long it will be before he says he supported wolves as a kid

When i think of stearman I think long ball down the line to nobody in particular but he will probably do well at wolves as most players who leave suddenly start playing well.

Incidently are wolves a bigger club than us and dont say yes because were in league 1 thats like saying wigan are bigger than leeds.

History wise they are, through trophies won, but over the last 15 years, no way, absolutely no way.

I'd say we were similar-sized clubs.

How much did he go for? Really dont fancy trauling through the thread.

Depends who you believe most are saying £1.2, someone said £500k rising with add ons, which sounds more likely.

I think we've got something to thank Holloway for.

He turned Stearman's performances round in the second half of the season. After the Hull game we'd have been lucky to give the coont away.

Archived