Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Stearman leaves

could see this happening, but like many here, i am surprised he went to wolves and that no one else came in for him... i think if he is ever gonna achieve his potential he needs to start playing in the prem, another season in the championship is not gonna do much for him, he needs to start playing against quality forwards.

with all due respect to wolves :giggle: whilst they may have an ok squad, based on what most of them said when we played them last season, they are a very underperforming team, i wouldn't be surprised if they have a poor season and lose their manager early on - another championship season at a disfunctional club is not really going to help him....

anyway, thanks for the effort, stears, ta ta...

The last thing Stearman needs is to be playing against quality forwards and wingers every week. He played aginst 1 poor / ok (will wait for this season to prove me right or wrong) Prem class player and that was Brunt from WBA. he was made to look a right kipper last year and the year before vs Sheff Wednesday.

Looks like Wolves are doing what we should've last year. Buying highly rated players from the lower / same league, instead of tired old wankers from Derby who couldn't beat a bloody egg.

We need to do this but at a lower level, obviously.

And as for Stearman, as much as I liked him, and wish him good luck, if he didn't want to hang around then he can piss off.

The last thing Stearman needs is to be playing against quality forwards and wingers every week. He played aginst 1 poor / ok (will wait for this season to prove me right or wrong) Prem class player and that was Brunt from WBA. he was made to look a right kipper last year and the year before vs Sheff Wednesday.

yeah, i think that was my point, he's never going to improve if he doesn't play regularly against quality players, who will, yes, make him look bad at first, but that's how one learns....

...just read the wolves thread and it's like reading foxestalk this time last season - the ingenuous excitement, the thril of new players :rolleyes: not that easy, though.

yeah, i think that was my point, he's never going to improve if he doesn't play regularly against quality players, who will, yes, make him look bad at first, but that's how one learns....

...just read the wolves thread and it's like reading foxestalk this time last season - the ingenuous excitement, the thril of new players :rolleyes: not that easy, though.

They are planning for League 1 :thumbup:

if wolves can beef him up and get him attacking and overlapping the right midfielder then he will do well. (unless they really do want to use him as centre back in which case he is an umproven signing) i would have guesses there will be a few add ons with this signing.

tbh it does strike me as a it of a sudden decision by nige to sell hom....smells like the people upstairs have decided a few things already. Saying that this is the cost of relegation and it sounds like the rebuilding is going to go all the way to the core of the playing staff.

if wolves can beef him up and get him attacking and overlapping the right midfielder then he will do well. (unless they really do want to use him as centre back in which case he is an umproven signing) i would have guesses there will be a few add ons with this signing.

tbh it does strike me as a it of a sudden decision by nige to sell hom....smells like the people upstairs have decided a few things already. Saying that this is the cost of relegation and it sounds like the rebuilding is going to go all the way to the core of the playing staff.

Stearman and his reps refused to discuss new terms due to our league status, according to the chairman, so I don't think we had much option!!

Good Luck to the lad!!

he has always tried hard imo and gave his all and has taken no end of stick!!

This loyalty thing is a load of crap as far as I am concerned the only person Richard Stearman owes anything to is Richard Stearman it's not selfish it's just life!! in any job if you get the offer of something you think is a better opportunity and Wolves at this time certainly is then you owe it to yourself to take that opportunity with both hands you can't have any regrets in life you just have to go for it!

Good luck to him he has been a great servant but the time has come to move on so thanks and good luck!!

I think I might go up town tonight and celebrate, just like Stearman did after various defeats last season. I'm not bothered about him going at all because I felt he was all talk and not enough action. Still some people are saying 'if he bulks up' he'll be a top quality centre back. He's been at a professional football club long enough to have 'bulked up' using diet and strength and conditioning work. Good luck to him, I think he may need it now he's at a club where he can't play the 'I support this club' card. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes out and says he actually supported Wolves as a kid.

I suppose it was always inevitable that Stearman was going to leave and with him only having 1 year left on his contract, it was right that we sold him instead of taking the risk of losing him for a pittance next summer. Plus he wanted to go, so what can you do? The biggest shock is that he's not gone to the Premiership though. I know he's not exactly covered himself with gold in all of his time here, but during the 2005/06 season and the 2nd half of this season he has shown that he has the ability to develop in to a quality player.

I thought a Premeirship club would have signed him, especially given the interest in previous seasons. I wonder whether this is actually a good move for him? Mick McCarthy is a goober and the only hope is that he get's the sack early in the season and a manager worth his salt takes over their and takes them up and keeps them up. That way Stearman should progress to the level he's capable of.

I'm sad to see him go, he's been our longest serving player, which considering he's still only 20 is a sad state of affairs.

Good luck Richard. Be interesting to see where Wolves play him.

I'm sad to see him go, he's been our longest serving player, which considering he's still only 20 is a sad state of affairs.

I was thinking the same, anyone know who that is now? I think maybe Hume although possibly not for long.

Shame about Stearman, I actually thought he would stay and I don't want to see us selling our younger players. By the sounds of things we were held over a barrel though

This is brillaint.

Finally.

I'm not bothered about Stearman or Hume leaving, I think we can attract some good quality players even though we are in League One, and with the income we are getting on the three major depratures so far McAuley, Hume and Stearman its close to around 5 million that's great businesses and hopefully Nigel Pearson can use that effectively in pursuing players.

I'm not bothered about Stearman or Hume leaving, I think we can attract some good quality players even though we are in League One, and with the income we are getting on the three major depratures so far McAuley, Hume and Stearman its close to around 5 million that's great businesses and hopefully Nigel Pearson can use that effectively in pursuing players.

do you not get it?

he will NOT be getting that money to spend on new players

Archived