Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Lee Cox

Alright he wasn't fantastic, as I seem to have implied earlier, but I was suprised just how good he was, especially compared with Rowe-Turner and Magunda who had nightmares today.

He made a few wayward attempted passes down the line, but apart from that he looked fit, strong, quick enough and ready for the first team if we needed him, and considering we've heard fairly little about him, that really suprised me.

Alright he wasn't fantastic, as I seem to have implied earlier, but I was suprised just how good he was, especially compared with Rowe-Turner and Magunda who had nightmares today.

He made a few wayward attempted passes down the line, but apart from that he looked fit, strong, quick enough and ready for the first team if we needed him, and considering we've heard fairly little about him, that really suprised me.

Well, Holloway moved him up to the senior squad as we were coming into our relegation battle last year...

he was even implying at one stage that he may be named in the 16 for a game but never happened...

I seen him a couple of times last season and was impressed, mainly seen him in a centre midfield role rather than right back though. Not technically gifted but he has this all-action style and I think he'll be on the outskirts of the squad next season.

He wasn't the only one!! No one from either team was capable of passing it down that right hand side without hoofing it over the stand. Those poor ball boys have never worked so hard in their lives!

Lee Cox was troubleshooter for the struggling Magunda in the Academy play-off final both in midfield and at full-back and made a huge contribution to our victory that day.

He does let people know he's about and is a decent prospect. Can't see him challenging as first choice given the competition he's got this season but he's not the sort to let anyone down and could well get a few chances off the bench.

Normally his passing is quite solid and reliable.

Lee Cox was troubleshooter for the struggling Magunda in the Academy play-off final both in midfield and at full-back and made a huge contribution to our victory that day.

He does let people know he's about and is a decent prospect. Can't see him challenging as first choice given the competition he's got this season but he's not the sort to let anyone down and could well get a few chances off the bench.

Normally his passing is quite solid and reliable.

I agree Thracian! He is a good solid player but i think this season will be to improve in the reserves all season and aim for next season but if called upon i beleive he would do a good job.

I think out of all the youngsters the surprise package will be Ashley Chambers, just hope he stays injury free!

This is very encouraging. I have noticed pretty decent reviews of him before. The whole point in defence is to be solid....

Also, good to read the reports of yesterday - only training really but it was made a bit more than that with all thats gone on at the club.

Possibly the new Stearman?? :dunno:

Please God, no.

I don't want to spend another three years watching someone pump aimless long balls up field or out of play until they finally start becoming reasonable shortly prior to leaving the club.

I agree Thracian! He is a good solid player but i think this season will be to improve in the reserves all season and aim for next season but if called upon i beleive he would do a good job.

I think out of all the youngsters the surprise package will be Ashley Chambers, just hope he stays injury free!

Ashley's performance yesterday was a big bonus. It did seem that he'd got all his old speed, confidence and exhuberance back.

His big need now is to sustain that level of performance.

He's done it in lower-grade football but sometimes seems to get either worn down or sidelined which somehow it costs him his edge.

But if City can keep him fit and, just as importantly, fresh, he really can be a clever footballer and one with serious pace.

One thing i did notice yesterday that didn't really help our short passing, was how long the grass was.

Yeah I mentioned this as well yesterday. The pitch did play dreadfully, ball didn't carry off it at all.

Ashley's performance yesterday was a big bonus. It did seem that he'd got all his old speed, confidence and exhuberance back.

He's done it in lower-grade football but sometimes seems to get either worn down or sidelined which somehow it costs him his edge.

But if City can keep him fit and, just as importantly, fresh, he really can be a clever footballer and one with serious pace.

Yeah his confidence did show yesterday and was nice to see a striker with some composure in front of goal. He was always looking round for more options when on the ball and his cheeky lob over the keeper that hit the bar would have a fitting end to an impressive performace.

The bit in bold sums it up for me really.

When he got his chance last season he had his moments but wasn't consistent enough. If he can show this sort of consistency throughout pre-season then he's got a shot next year without doubt.

One thing i did notice yesterday that didn't really help our short passing, was how long the grass was.

A point I mentioned to Hinckley director Stuart Millichip's lad when he asked what I thought of their pitch.

He was interested in reaction because his dad was responsible for preparing the pitch. I said the long grass didn't help and that I presumed, with all the rain beforehand, he'd not been able to get the mower on.

He didn't know it that was the case but did remark that the mower was pretty naff anyway!. :D

Ooh, mixing it with the big guns eh? :P

Actually he's more than big, he's huge! Smashing guy though and I suppose you could say we're loosely related. In fact I still have surprisingly close ties to the Hinckley United board all round. Something I'd not even realised myself until recently.

Actually he's more than big, he's huge! Smashing guy though and I suppose you could say we're loosely related. In fact I still have surprisingly close ties to the Hinckley United board all round. Something I'd not even realised myself until recently.

While you're about then, what happened to them last season? Not a good one I understand?

Archived