Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

The shock of lighting

The Shock of Lighting?

Has an electrician installed some overly harsh halogen spotlights in Gallagher towers?

Oasis are mundane but not that mundane. I expect it's actually called The Shock of Lightning, but I could be wrong

:D My bad.

I couldn't be more excited...

no wait, I could. If you'll excuse me I've just seen noticed some paint drying.

lol

Any Oasis release is an underwhelming experience these days

Don't get me wrong, it USED to be exciting. I remember just about everyone I was with at university buying 'Supersonic' when it came out, including a lot of people that NEVER bought records. The one I remember most going to buy myself was 'Whatever', because it was Christmas and we'd all stopped work and were just pissing about. Even then, I got more excited about the Morrissey single that came out the following January.

(goes dewy eyed and nostalgic) Going down to the record shop on the Monday there was a big release used to be ace. Clicking 'download' is just crap by comparison

oh dear oh dear---

have they run out of other acts to plagiarise and copy, so they've just ripped off themselves - badly-

whatever oasis used to be (and i've been bored of them since i first played 'definately maybe' (the day it came out)) they have now proved that they are a worthless nothing that are surviving purely on a few fans who probably don't know any better-

seriously, if two chords, a barely noticable melody and a drum beat i could play constitutes the single, i dread to think what the album tracks are like.

hopefully this will be, at the very least, the first nail in the oasis coffin.

shite.

oh dear oh dear---

have they run out of other acts to plagiarise and copy, so they've just ripped off themselves - badly-

whatever oasis used to be (and i've been bored of them since i first played 'definately maybe' (the day it came out)) they have now proved that they are a worthless nothing that are surviving purely on a few fans who probably don't know any better-

seriously, if two chords, a barely noticable melody and a drum beat i could play constitutes the single, i dread to think what the album tracks are like.

hopefully this will be, at the very least, the first nail in the oasis coffin.

shite.

I bet it get gets great reviews and i bet it hits number 1 easy and i bet they sell out everywhere they play and they become more popular.

You hate Oasis so much but they're the ones selling out areana's and getting more and more rich.

You say what you want but Oasis are still the biggest band in England.

Some of this anti-Oasis is a little disrespectful if I'm honest. They're arguably one of the greatest British bands of all time, and you don't make the amount of albums they've made and continually sell them if you're no good.

OK, I know their songs are very generic, and the new ones aren't doing them any favours, but their older stuff is absolutely fantastic, and they're a joy to watch live. When the crowd knows every word to just about every song you know you're doing something right. I can understand why some people don't like them, they are a little mundane nowadays but I love back very fondly on their older music which is what they should really be remembered for.

And Valerenga, I find this point of yours particularly irritating. I know you are a man of musical knowledge but I think you've made a bit of a fool of yourself here. I gurantee you that they have a huge number of fans remaining, and this will be shown on their October UK tour which will be sold out within the first few hours.

I've heard this track about 10 times before just with different names and from different albums.
This is the offical new single, palyed on radio 1 for the first time today.
I know, but it sounds the same as every song they've done over the past years.

:doh:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear......

lol

I bet it get gets great reviews and i bet it hits number 1 easy and i bet they sell out everywhere they play and they become more popular.

You hate Oasis so much but they're the ones selling out areana's and getting more and more rich.

Based on what?

Coldplay surpassed Oasis years ago as the best English band.

Admittedly Oasis have more album sales but this is due to What's the story morning glory selling nearly 20 million!

This is a good tune though just lacking originality.

I hope the album is a bit more original as I still think Oasis have a killer album in them.

Some of this anti-Oasis is a little disrespectful if I'm honest. They're arguably one of the greatest British bands of all time, and you don't make the amount of albums they've made and continually sell them if you're no good.

OK, I know their songs are very generic, and the new ones aren't doing them any favours, but their older stuff is absolutely fantastic, and they're a joy to watch live. When the crowd knows every word to just about every song you know you're doing something right. I can understand why some people don't like them, they are a little mundane nowadays but I love back very fondly on their older music which is what they should really be remembered for.

This for me is the crux of the matter, how long can a band live on past glories? Or indeed should they?

Fine there will be some die-hard oasis fans who'll stick with them through thick and thin but an awful lot of people want to hear something new and original from even their most beloved of bands. Radiohead have done themselves no harm by developing their sound album to album and they're certainly one of the biggest british bands.

This for me is the crux of the matter, how long can a band live on past glories? Or indeed should they?

Fine there will be some die-hard oasis fans who'll stick with them through thick and thin but an awful lot of people want to hear something new and original from even their most beloved of bands. Radiohead have done themselves no harm by developing their sound album to album and they're certainly one of the biggest british bands.

Someone commented on the youtube comments page about Noel's guitar playing being the thing that's holding them back and you have to agree with them.

Oasis fans past and present will buy the new album no matter what myself included they haven't made a bad album yet if I'm honest it's just they haven't made a top class one since What's the story.

I heard it this morning. I quite liked it. Of course, they won't ever break any new ground, but it was loud and Oasisy and better for it.

Won't compel me to buy an album though. I like quite a few Oasis songs, but I wouldn't want to listen to ten in a row.

And Valerenga, I find this point of yours particularly irritating. I know you are a man of musical knowledge but I think you've made a bit of a fool of yourself here. I gurantee you that they have a huge number of fans remaining, and this will be shown on their October UK tour which will be sold out within the first few hours.

ok, yes i have a problem with oasis: i would say it is resentment more than hatred, for the following reasons.

- their first album got me so excited, until i heard it, and discovered it to be (beyond the singles) to be a massive anti-climax

- i find it very difficult to stomach the tag of 'great' - there is a massive difference between great/talented and great/succesful.

- their lyrics are laughably bad, mindless drug references, schoolboy rhyming couplets and stuff that just doesn't mean anything at all

- one of my biggest problems with oasis, is regarding "i bet they sell out everywhere they play and they become more popular" - this is, like it or not, true (certainly it was 10 or so years back) - so, they were in a position to do anything musically, to really push themselves and do something unique, but they didn't they stuck with the (very simple) formula - really a great waste of a great opportunity, but probably the result of one or two things: either they were motivated purely by sales, or they didn't have the talent to do anything different.

oh, i could go on...

in the world of artistic criticism there is nothing disrespectful in finding something of a low quality and devoid of entertainment, if one can justify one opinions, with oasis i could do that all night. i have met noel gallagher and he seems like a nice bloke, but as a musician and a fan of music i stand by everything i say-

my favourite band are the beach boys, they released 20 albums in the first 8 years and were, at one point arguably the biggest band in the world, but in their career they released some absolute gash, i still like them but i realise they are not what they were, and i don't delude myself of this fact (and yes they still sell out stadiums after 50 years... if as an oasis fan (ash) you are too blind to see they are a one-trick pony with a lot of publicist and production clout behind them and that not everything they do is anything less than sublime, then perhaps you need to broaden your musical horizons.

i am glad you guys love oasis, but the song in this thread is super-weak, and oasis are no longer a musical force, sorry.

Someone commented on the youtube comments page about Noel's guitar playing being the thing that's holding them back and you have to agree with them.

Oasis fans past and present will buy the new album no matter what myself included they haven't made a bad album yet if I'm honest it's just they haven't made a top class one since What's the story.

akkurat!

Archived