Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

The shock of lighting

Gonna try and make the saturday night gig in Sheffield all being well . Ill admit if Oasis released agadoo then id probably go out and buy it , listening to Oasis was a massive part of my youth and i feel a loyalty towards them , Valarenga makes a decent point about broading your musical horizons and maybe i desperatly need to do that , i listened to most of the Foxestalk compilations but failed to get excited about many, ill continue to listen to this "shit" as long as i live and as i always say , its all about opinions and when it comes to Music the only 1 that really matters is your own

:appl:

One day Oasis will rise again and knock our bloody socks off. I just know it.

The two Gallaghers will do it. I guarantee it.

Might have to ditch the rest of the band though.

What and bring back Guisey, Bonhead and Whitey ? Gem and Bell our better and the new Drummer is pretty good. Does a awesome solo on the shock of the lightning.

I can't stand certain types of music, but I don't go searching out topics on slipknot and belittling them, their music, their fans etc. Why? Because, I understand that people have completely different music tastes and it's not for me to pass judgment. I just avoid it and let them get on with it. People who do this, are nothing more than music snobs who think their opinion is better than everyone elses.

I like Oasis, always have always will. I can honestly say I enjoy every song they have done, the same with the beatles. There is just that certain something in every song that clicks with my taste. I'm not saying it's the best stuff around at the minute, it's not... I just like it.

I can't stand certain types of music, but I don't go searching out topics on slipknot and belittling them, their music, their fans etc. Why? Because, I understand that people have completely different music tastes and it's not for me to pass judgment. I just avoid it and let them get on with it. People who do this, are nothing more than music snobs who think their opinion is better than everyone elses.

I like Oasis, always have always will. I can honestly say I enjoy every song they have done, the same with the beatles. There is just that certain something in every song that clicks with my taste. I'm not saying it's the best stuff around at the minute, it's not... I just like it.

Similar point to the one i was trying to make , good shout

He made me chuckle friday morning on radio 1 :giggle:

He was brilliant, He should have his own show.

And did anyone here that someone had been critisising that "He shouldn't have been allowed on the radio in that state"...Fuk em' - It's called entertainment.

..."Dog's with heads out of a car window"..."Dog's in hats, not that's funny"..."A dog in sunglasses is the funniest thing ever"..."A dog going at 30mph is the best thing a dog could do in there life"

(If you didn't hear him on Radio 1 last friday don't worry, you had to listen to it tbh.)

He was brilliant, He should have his own show.

And did anyone here that someone had been critisising that "He shouldn't have been allowed on the radio in that state"...Fuk em' - It's called entertainment.

..."Dog's with heads out of a car window"..."Dog's in hats, not that's funny"..."A dog in sunglasses is the funniest thing ever"..."A dog going at 30mph is the best thing a dog could do in there life"

(If you didn't hear him on Radio 1 last friday don't worry, you had to listen to it tbh.)

I listened online on the website, some peoples reactions we're astonishing, stating he was too controversial, he was? What? When? Crazy to think anyone who isn't dull and boring and tells the truth is suddenly controversial, radio in the UK is really boring. More Noel on the radio I say, and I dont mean edmonds.

If they were capable of musical progression, we'd have seen some vague sign of it over the past 15 years (if not a Radiohead-esque change of direction then at least some sort of Damon Albarn-style side project of some description). Fair play to them for still coining it in/entertaining their fans.

I'm a weller fan and I know noel is too and good friends with Mr Weller. I have noticed he is almost becoming a weller echoe, everything I've read/heard in paul weller interviews I hear Noel echoing the same. Just the other night I listened to him being interviewed onlin on Zane Lowes show he said something like 'I don't categorize music like that its all soul music to me, that is exactly what weller said in an interview a few months ago.

Its all a bit odd.

:yawn:

oh, to live in a vanilla world, living on the fence and courting indifference...

someone posted a video of oasis, i was genuinely interested, as i am in most kinds of music, certainly i didn't trawl the threads looking for a chance to slate them, as i said in my earlier posts, my biggest problem with oasis is i hoped for so much more, and i'm still waiting.

there is a time and place for acquiescence, and letting people just get on with it, a music forum on the internet is very much not this place - everything about foxestalk, for me, is about debate and raising awareness to new things... if expressing dissatisfaction at oasis makes someone think about music in a different way or makes them go out and by a BigStar LP, then the internet has done it's job.

if i started a thread about a band and people just went :appl: it wouldn't be worth me posting anything else in it and it would no doubt die out as a nothing more than a list of people who like the same band.

disliking a band does not make one a musical snob, i like embrace and teenage fanclub who are out of same mold as oasis, just more satisfying to me, tho i don't find they have really done much to progress musically, but at least they can write lyrics...

and i would rather be a musical snob than be able to say that i have liked EVERY song a band has ever made, that is absurd and really suggests nothing more than a lack of discrimination, and a blandness of taste.

oh, and before anybody pulls the old concert-sell-out card: this is not a sign of greatness, but of popularity, and hitler was popular, too

Archived