Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ASH17LCFC

The shock of lighting

:yawn:

oh, to live in a vanilla world, living on the fence and courting indifference...

someone posted a video of oasis, i was genuinely interested, as i am in most kinds of music, certainly i didn't trawl the threads looking for a chance to slate them, as i said in my earlier posts, my biggest problem with oasis is i hoped for so much more, and i'm still waiting.

there is a time and place for acquiescence, and letting people just get on with it, a music forum on the internet is very much not this place - everything about foxestalk, for me, is about debate and raising awareness to new things... if expressing dissatisfaction at oasis makes someone think about music in a different way or makes them go out and by a BigStar LP, then the internet has done it's job.

if i started a thread about a band and people just went :appl: it wouldn't be worth me posting anything else in it and it would no doubt die out as a nothing more than a list of people who like the same band.

disliking a band does not make one a musical snob, i like embrace and teenage fanclub who are out of same mold as oasis, just more satisfying to me, tho i don't find they have really done much to progress musically, but at least they can write lyrics...

and i would rather be a musical snob than be able to say that i have liked EVERY song a band has ever made, that is absurd and really suggests nothing more than a lack of discrimination, and a blandness of taste.

oh, and before anybody pulls the old concert-sell-out card: this is not a sign of greatness, but of popularity, and hitler was popular, too

Not as popular as Oasis!!! Haha, sorry Valerenga, couldnt resist that one!

The new song Shock of the Lightening is pretty average. Nowhere near their best stuff and I can hear myself singing one of their previous songs (which I appreciate could be said about a lot of their stuff).

However, the song Falling Down is superb. The Chemical Brothers remix is very good, but the album version is far better. It makes me remember how good Noel is and why Oasis will always be one of the best bands.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, after two listens of this, I'm very impressed. It's something fresh from Oasis, and not the same generic music you might expect. I think the opening track is great, and a good way to kick the album off. Good stuff.

Agree with every word Joe.

This is something different, it's a bit more varied, and its very good.

Only thing for me which i'm not a massive fan of is the Noel songs, they dont seem quite up to scratch compared to others, whereas Liams are excellent, and he has re-found his distinctive Mancunian growl again, which is great news. After the Brits a few years back, i thought he was finished, but after this, there's a lot more to come.....

So all in all, excellent. As Joe said, the opening track is brilliant, i absolutely love it, and 'The Shock of Lightning' has grown on me massively, i think it's a classic.

Can't wait for it to come out, as this is only a promo, the release will be much better.

Archived