Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

Ps3 Home

Its set for release at fall 08, just because im abit thick and also not american, when is that? i know its around this time.

I have seen some screen shots and it looks sikk, hopefully they dont put it back even further.

Also found out that it was meant to be a project for the ps2 and they have been developing it for around 7 years!

would like to know all your thoughts...

and gamertags, if you want il give you a game on fifa...

Its set for release at fall 08, just because im abit thick and also not american, when is that? i know its around this time.

I have seen some screen shots and it looks sikk, hopefully they dont put it back even further.

Also found out that it was meant to be a project for the ps2 and they have been developing it for around 7 years!

Fall is Autumn, Sept/Oct/Nov time

If it works as well as it's meant to then it will be amazing - I can't see it actually living up to the hype though.

I wouldnt expect to see it on your system before 2009 if Im honest! I just hope I have enough memory left on the system by then.... anyone else keep finding themseleves low on it? >_<

If it works as well as it's meant to then it will be amazing - I can't see it actually living up to the hype though.

I wouldnt expect to see it on your system before 2009 if Im honest! I just hope I have enough memory left on the system by then.... anyone else keep finding themseleves low on it? >_<

I have had to whipe a few music albums off mine, which i dont know why ive got on there anyway when ive got linkage to my computer to get all my music and photos n vids etc...

E-T_93 :thumbup:

Add me.

Oh yeah, and Home looks good.

Sony plans to launch its ambitious PlayStation 3 Home environment - announced at GDC last week - this October, and expects the initial free download to weigh in at "under 500MB", with subsequent patches "hopefully" integrated via a streaming solution "that makes them negligible".

A closed beta phase for around 15,000 users will take place between April and August, with an open beta for 50,000 or so operating between August and October.

That's all according to a "third party relations" question-and-answer PDF uncovered on Sony's developer website, which sheds further light on the service unveiled during Phil Harrison's GDC keynote.

Certain Home features are likely to be accessible via PlayStation Portable and mobile phone in some form, Sony says, while users can also expect to visit paid-for special events, and experience increasing levels of integration with the console's more traditional features as development accelerates. For example, it will be possible to track down friends easily from day-one, but you will only be able to seamlessly launch into a game of MotorStorm together once Sony gets round to coding that bit.

Another element that will take time is the environment's persistence. "Currently Home is not a persistent world, so when you leave Home, all of your possessions go with you. For instance, it is not currently possible for other users to visit your apartment while you're not there," Sony says. "We are working on the persistent aspect of Home, and expect to implement it in the long term."

In the meantime, expect Sony to sort out all the lucrative things its partners will be interested in. Advertising will apparently be kept to "palatable" levels, but will be prevalent, while content auctions, downloadable content sales, premium events and all sorts of other initiatives are on the way. "If you consider Home to be a simulacra of the real world then most goods and services found within the real world could theoretically be replicated within Home," the PDF notes.

Indeed, there are plenty of suggestive comments along those lines. "It will be possible to develop small demo-areas within Home that promote new titles, or to re-publish an old IP as mini-game within [a] Home Space," it notes.

"We believe that there will be ample opportunities for businesses and individuals alike to generate significant revenues from the Home platform," the PDF later adds, with user-to-user auctions a likely inclusion. There will be restrictions on sharing, however, with media-sharing off-limits for obvious reasons.

Link

If this turns into anything resembling a "my console is better than your console" thread then I'm locking it right away. I don't care, there's enough of them about already and somehow they manage to get even more boring every time.

No worries there. Being going on since the days of the NES vs Sega Master System!

Slightly off topic, but anyone tried the Star Wars Force Unleashed demo?

Pretty good that one.

I gotta say, i used to like playstations the most, i used to live on gran turismo, but then i gotta xbox, saw it was the best. So i waited 4 the 360, gotta premium, tried ma mates playstation in a swap for a week, and saw the 360 pisses all over playstation. Now ive got an Elite and i lorvveeee rippin people with PS3's

I gotta say, i used to like playstations the most, i used to live on gran turismo, but then i gotta xbox, saw it was the best. So i waited 4 the 360, gotta premium, tried ma mates playstation in a swap for a week, and saw the 360 pisses all over playstation. Now ive got an Elite and i lorvveeee rippin people with PS3's

PS3's are fine.

Killzone 2?

MGS4?

Resistance 2?

Don't get me started!

As for Home, I've read today there will be "adult rooms" available. :giggle:

There you go. MGS4 beats anything for a start.

If this turns into anything resembling a "my console is better than your console" thread then I'm locking it right away. I don't care, there's enough of them about already and somehow they manage to get even more boring every time.

Think you might be called into action mate. :( Through purpose of my own I'm sure, sorry in advance. :D

That's the saddest of all though, you genuinely enjoy mocking people with PS3s? lol

Fair enough if you prefer the 360 or it's games, nothing wrong with that.

But 360 does not 'piss' all over PS3 matey. PS3 is a genuinely superior machine but unfortunately isn't going to dominate this generation like it has in the past, mainly because of the price issues and the fact that 360 and Wii had a year or more head-start, prompting people to opt for a 360 at that time so they could experience next-gen gaming sooner than wait for a PS3.

360s are clearly great machines, but so are PS3s. I couldn't care less who prefers what or which is outselling the other, it's just the ignorance that get's to me, especially when it's clear there's been no thought or effort to make a valid point.

ANYWAY.

Home looks good.

Yh what about it?, aint a scratch, forza's better than that
:o:nono:
PS3's are fine.
There you go. MGS4 beats anything for a start.

Think you might be called into action mate. :( Through purpose of my own I'm sure, sorry in advance. :D

That's the saddest of all though, you genuinely enjoy mocking people with PS3s? lol

Fair enough if you prefer the 360 or it's games, nothing wrong with that.

But 360 does not 'piss' all over PS3 matey. PS3 is a genuinely superior machine but unfortunately isn't going to dominate this generation like it has in the past, mainly because of the price issues and the fact that 360 and Wii had a year or more head-start, prompting people to opt for a 360 at that time so they could experience next-gen gaming sooner than wait for a PS3.

360s are clearly great machines, but so are PS3s. I couldn't care less who prefers what or which is outselling the other, it's just the ignorance that get's to me, especially when it's clear there's been no thought or effort to make a valid point.

ANYWAY.

Home looks good.

Erm, excuse me...

If you want to argue about the best then I'm sure you can dig up any number of threads about it. Failing that just find any thread started by Phube which, I'm sure, will have some reference to the Wii being better than everything.

Guess what i have both consoles and still find the PS3 the best, :D although im playing XBOX atm i love my PS3, if any wants to add me here it is for both

PSN ID -RUSTYNAlL its 2 LL's at the end lol, my name got stolen from the old PS2 days

XBOX360 - RU5TYNAIL - and instead of the S its a 5

thought i'd let you know, so if anyone wants to play on FIFA or COD or whatever games just send a message.

Oh yeah this is about HOME lol. Its gonna be amazing, bet you all knew that you can talk tactics before you go into a game and it can have movies on it aswell, in the Theatre part. Cant wait

To be fair i'm bored bored of all these 'console wars', i've got a 360 and i love it to bits, it does exactly what i want, and i wouldnt change it. Anyone whos got a PS3 fair play, you probably feel the same as me except you have a PS3 instead. Who cares whats better? Theres arguments to be made for both sides, but as long as you're happy with whatever you've got, 360, PS3, Wii, then just get on with it. Who cares whats better?

Cant we just all be friends! :cry:

Archived