Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Give Me Some Music To Listen To

I'm uber bored and last.fm can only do so much. So..

Anyone got any recommendations for bands to check out? I mostly like Rock/Alt, Metal, Punk, Shoegaze etc but happy to check anything out, especially stuff like Reggae/Ska.

Go ahead.

PS. I've also recently started getting into 'electro' kinda music, bands like Frou Frou etc.

Reggae --> Dub --> Dubstep

Lee Scratch Perry, Groundation, Roots Manuva (Dub Come Save Me), King Tubby, Benga, Skream.

Drum n Bass

Commix - Call to Mind

Cailbre - Overflow

D Bridge - Gemini Principle

Also check out my thread "The best drum n bass album I've heard for ages" for links, etc. What do you mean you don't like drum n bass? Just bloody listen to it.

Electro/House

Justice - Cross

Booka Shade - Movements

Digitalism - Idealism

Elsewhere

Anything. I mean ANYTHING, by DJ Krush.

I can give you loads more recommendations for hip hop, chill-out, trip hop, drum n bass, breaks, soul, weird shit etc. Just ask.

Also, in guitar-based world, an old classic by Spiritualized (Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space) has been getting an airing recently.

Reggae --> Dub --> Dubstep

Lee Scratch Perry, Groundation, Roots Manuva (Dub Come Save Me), King Tubby, Benga, Skream. Try Matty G too along with the Bay Side Dubstep compilations

Drum n Bass

Commix - Call to Mind

Cailbre - Overflow

D Bridge - Gemini Principle

Also check out my thread "The best drum n bass album I've heard for ages" for links, etc. What do you mean you don't like drum n bass? Just bloody listen to it.

Electro/House

Justice - Cross

Booka Shade - Movements

Digitalism - Idealism

Crystal Castles - S/T

Elsewhere

Anything. I mean ANYTHING, by DJ Krush.

I can give you loads more recommendations for hip hop, chill-out, trip hop, drum n bass, breaks, soul, weird shit etc. Just ask.

Also, in guitar-based world, an old classic by Spiritualized (Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space) has been getting an airing recently.

Also bored of much of the music I listen to and after some new suggestions. Nothing that's recently been released has appealed particularly so it's gonna be going back to rediscovering some stuff that passed me by, I reckon.

Also bored of much of the music I listen to and after some new suggestions. Nothing that's recently been released has appealed particularly so it's gonna be going back to rediscovering some stuff that passed me by, I reckon.

Waldeck - The Night Garden.

Massive Attack and Portishead combined.

You'll love them.

(copyright Fez)

Massive Attack and Portishead combined.

You'll love them.

(copyright Fez)

Ahh, Fez is pretty good at finding stuff I like.

Thanks, i'll check it out. :smile:

Nortec Collective

Love to pieces what I've found so far. 3 versions of the album (with differing tracklists) on Amazon though. 2 are imports. The non-import costs around £35 - but I now want it so much. :S You know my musical taste far too well. :)

Nortec Collective

Hmmm - listened to a bit on YouTube. I'll reserve judgement. A bit 'happy' for me at the mo.

Check out Frou Frou AoWW. :dunno:

Kind of mellow electro/shoegazy style.

Is 'she' Imogen Heap? Really like the idea/style, but her voice tends to grate after a while I find. :unsure:

Anything by Rise Against is good for me at the moment.

Also currently loving The Blue God by Martina Topley Bird and American Doll Posse by Tori Amos

Rise Against - will check out. Really like Martina T-B but haven't yet got this album - take it you'd recommend it? Tori Amos - hmmm, blast from the past - used to quite like her - could be worth a shot.

Try No-Man

Ooh, from what i've just found on YouTube i like - lots. What's the link with Porcupine Tree? Is there one? Reminds me a lot of them... :dunno:

Is 'she' Imogen Heap? Really like the idea/style, but her voice tends to grate after a while I find. :unsure:

AoWW. :o I'm hurt. :cry:

And yes, it's (the beautiful and amazing voice of) Imogen and Guy Sigsworth.

Go on, check 'em out! I dare ya!

Let Go is a good place to start I s'pose.

Ooh, from what i've just found on YouTube i like - lots. What's the link with Porcupine Tree? Is there one? Reminds me a lot of them... :dunno:

Steven Wilson's the composer*, and he plays the guitar at gigs. Tim Bowness does the singing and writes the lyrics I believe..

*the guy behind Porcupine Tree :thumbup:

AoWW. :o I'm hurt. :cry:

And yes, it's (the beautiful and amazing voice of) Imogen and Guy Sigsworth.

Go on, check 'em out! I dare ya!

Let Go is a good place to start I s'pose.

Aw, well if you're gonna dare me, I guess I better give em a go. :)

Steven Wilson's the composer*, and he plays the guitar at gigs. Tim Bowness does the singing and writes the lyrics I believe..

*the guy behind Porcupine Tree :thumbup:

Ah ha - makes sense. Thanks. ;)

Love to pieces what I've found so far. 3 versions of the album (with differing tracklists) on Amazon though. 2 are imports. The non-import costs around £35 - but I now want it so much. :S You know my musical taste far too well. :)

I believe it's on Mininova if you're that way inclined. Otherwise I can try to upload it for you...

have you tried emusic before?

I think you will love it all of the albums are currently available for download it's a subscription service that you can cancel at anytime but it's brilliant value 75 songs a month for only £14.99 or 100 for £19.99 all DRM free MP3's

I can't get enough of it and often buy a bonus pack as well

some great stuff can be found on it

they have 2 waldeck and albums to download plus loads more good stuff

If you want I can send you an invitation where you (and me) get 50 songs as a free trial!! you can then cancel once you have used them if you don't want to carry on and it will cost you nothing!!

I think others like Fez and Alex use emusic as well

Archived