Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

"Your support is f*cking shit!"

Just went on one of 'Pools' forums and one of them named 'Portsmouth Poolie' posted

"There was a good turnout of Poolies and plenty of noise from both sets of fans, fair play to the Leicester fans - not many teams home fans make that much noise these days."

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/vi...514&start=0

maybe you lot are being harsh on yourselves!

I was just ridiculousy lethargic today and really couldn't be bothered.

The same could be said of most of the team, with the honourable exceptions of Tunchev and Dyer.

It's been like this ever since the international break. A record of just ONE goal in the last three home games is hardly going to have fans rocking in the aisles.

Indeed, despite what some on here may believe, it shows that the quality has actually gone down since last season.

Let's be honest, would anyone who stayed away from those games feel like they missed anything?

Yes, we could go top on Tuesday, but right now our form is no better than when we last played Colchester.

Just went on one of 'Pools' forums and one of them named 'Portsmouth Poolie' posted

"There was a good turnout of Poolies and plenty of noise from both sets of fans, fair play to the Leicester fans - not many teams home fans make that much noise these days."

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/vi...514&start=0

maybe you lot are being harsh on yourselves!

Blimey! They must play in a library!

It would certainly be better if more fans could appreciate an organised, balanced, well-functioning side trying to play attacking football

We would do - except it's been missing for the last five years, and doesn't look like turning up any time soon..

but right now our form is no better than when we last played Colchester.

When we last played Colchester, our previous seven league games produced results of Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 4.

Our seven league games to date this time round have produced results of Won 5 Drawn 1 Lost 1.

Our form is in fact considerably better it would seem.

When we last played Colchester, our previous seven league games produced results of Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 4.

Our seven league games to date this time round have produced results of Won 5 Drawn 1 Lost 1.

Stats mean nothing when Ultra is providing the argument. He says our form is no better, so our form is no better. Dictatorship style.

Back on topic (slightly), isn't the home support shit at just about every ground in Ingerlund these days? Even home games at the famous Anfield are dog for atmosphere. Anybody who believes the atmosphere will be rocking at Anfield when they're drawing 0-0 with a Hull, with a Bolton, with a Sunderland is mistaken. It's rarely like it is for a midweek Champions League game on Saturday afternoon.

Our home support and atmospeare isn't really that impressive. HOWEVER, our away support and atmospeare wise is the Bollocks! I think our away support is Brill, i mean 2,500 fans to Leyton Orient? I think thats pretty impressive! I can't see many Prem teams do that. We have the best away support in this division and probably better than the Championship teams as well. Saying that, Leeds are pretty decent away form home!

Atmosphere was wank, I was expecting this for all home games bar a few this season.

Aways seem better for me, obviously were winning more. But numbers and volume wise weve been good away.

Our support is aweful at home but ive gone past the stage of caring. The South Stand was an actual embarrasment yesterday, I know some people wont agree with me when i say standing helps. But I counted about 10 people including myself stood up in the first half.

First half was poor I agree I kept looking at the time thinking this is dragging! Second half though was great Dyer, Tunchev, Adams were a joy to watch. Loved the football second half. We could still make the South Stand work but the

singers (which is very few) are all spread out across the back. If we all came together in one block this would be an improvement for me. However lets not go down that boring route again, the club have fooked us over on the atmosphere ideas.

Another thing which is starting to piss me off is when we do sing now its pretty much Jobbers drum that is starting it. I dont want us to get like Reading, we dont need a drum to get us going I like the idea of it in L1. But the South Stand I sort of waiting for the drum to go off to sing.

...in the Championship, including two games (one of which we actually won!) against teams now in the top flight.

...in League 1, against teams who (apart perhaps from Millwall) have little prospect of rising any higher.

It appears that the concept of comparing like with like has yet to venture as far as Humberside... :rolleyes:

Stats mean nothing when Ultra is providing the argume nt. He says our form is no better, so our form is no better. Dictatorship style.

You really don't have a clue, do you? You're getting very close to Godwin territory. Are you worried about school tomorrow?

Back on topic (slightly), isn't the home support shit at just about every ground in Ingerlund these days?

Er, no it isn't - certainly not at ANY of the three games I saw on TV this weekend.

It appears that the concept of comparing like with like has yet to venture as far as Humberside... :rolleyes:

Well, I'm all for being enlightened.

By my reckoning we got 9 more points in the preceeding games as I illustrated which to me would indicate that the form is better this time round. Maybe you could confirm the basis of your calculation that our form is indeed worse. What formula is actually applied to allow you to compare on a like to like basis.

It appears that the concept that Humberside has not existed since April 1996 has yet to venture as far as Ultraworld..... :rolleyes:

KilworthFox on Leicester City Fans and their vocal support.

Leicester City fans have a decent range vocally, from Woeful to Wonderful. I have seen both sides to them. I remember Burnley at home last year that was Woeful! I also remember Barnsley away and Fulham away, Wonderful support and as some on here say "the best in the country on their day"! Agreed and the guys from Stand up sit down can testify too ask SUAS!

The problem is that we believe that we have an ability to make the players play better the more we sing. This may help a little when we play the big fish like Villa at home, I seem to remember! But in general any side in which, we on mass feel we will struggle to beat, the fans will vocally back the side. We will also sing if we really need a win or are in a real tight spot.

Unfortunately this coin has another "dark" side which is that now we are in Division 3 we feel that we are soooooo massive that we do not have to give the players this wonderful advantage of vocal support. When Leeds come down the fair weather singers may find their voice but it will not matter as we will get out sung but a good away support anyway, but the regulars will do our best to keep our end up :thumbup:

I don't sing because I believe if I hit xxx decibels that will equate to a goal, I do it because I enjoy singing at the football! The vast majority do not think like this however!

To be honest out of 17,000 not many were bothered and Daggers you have wasted your own time writing this as mate they just aint bothered unless they feel their football team is inferior to the oppositions.

Today was not shocking just some apathetic fans were themselves.

Well blow me. We have been told. :rolleyes:

Ultra is never wrong HF.

On a side note, some people need to take a look at themselves, and get their arrogant heads out of their arses.

You really don't have a clue, do you? You're getting very close to Godwin territory. Are you worried about school tomorrow?

I'm getting close to making a reference to the Nazis or Hitler? Meh. I prefer Mugabe anyway.

As for worrying about school tomorrow, thanks for your concern and all grandad but I finished school a while back. Sorry to disappoint you. :thumbup:

Er, no it isn't - certainly not at ANY of the three games I saw on TV this weekend.

Suprise suprise. May I ask which 3 games these were? :rolleyes:

On a side note, some people need to take a look at themselves, and get their arrogant heads out of their arses.

You'll have to speak up Bert me old mate, it's all a bit muffled up here. Mind you I have found a pen I've been looking for for ages.

You'll have to speak up Bert me old mate, it's all a bit muffled up here. Mind you I have found a pen I've been looking for for ages.

Surely you're old enough to know that sticking pens up your arse isn't wise? :unsure::P

Well blow me. We have been told. :rolleyes:

Ultra is never wrong HF.

:crylaugh: Never gonna happen mate , lots of that on here

I'd say plenty of clubs home support is fcuking shite.

Even the mighty Man Utd who win week in week out!!!

I'd say on the whole we aint THAT bad considering what we have to endure and the free fall we have been in.

Me personally....i enjoy shouting abuse at a so called overweight,over paid and over rated forward that we have,whom people stillthink can score in a brothel!!!!!!!

I'd say plenty of clubs home support is fcuking shite.

Even the mighty Man Utd who win week in week out!!!

I'd say on the whole we aint THAT bad considering what we have to endure and the free fall we have been in.

Me personally....i enjoy shouting abuse at a so called overweight,over paid and over rated forward that we have,whom people stillthink can score in a brothel!!!!!!!

Fryatt?

Archived