Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Charity Shop CDs

You can get some rare bargains. However, you often find these things...

1) sampler CDs that were given away FREE on a mag - for £2!!!

2) home-burnt compo CDs with handwritten track listings in the case (surely that's illegal - and who gives that (essentially worthless) stuff to charity shops?)

3) Steps albums. Always. At least one, probably more. There MAY be some S Club, there MIGHT be a Hear'Say album, but there is ALWAYS a Steps album. I think it's some kind of rule that charity shops have.

I like to do myself some bargain shopping in the Amazon sellers shops you can pick up some great records their delivered for about £2.00

BUT you do find some shocking things in charity shops sometimes

I picked up Turin Brakes the Optimist LP for ten bob at our charity shop the other month. :thumbup:

i bought that for a quid at a car boot last year.

At Quorn car boot last week i got these cd's

Portishead - Portishead, 50p

Pretty hate machine - Nine Inch Nails, 50p

Yo bum rush the show - Public Enemy, £1

Beautiful maladies - Tom Waits, £1

All these for three quid, bargain.

I bought a CD off a guy shopping them round in town yesterday.

Said it was his Hiphop CD so was hoping to here some up and coming talent.

It was just a really cheap sounding mix.

<_<

Similar enough to a charity shop.

Oh and the guy was a spit of a taller Lil Wayne.

i bought that for a quid at a car boot last year.

At Quorn car boot last week i got these cd's

Portishead - Portishead, 50p

Pretty hate machine - Nine Inch Nails, 50p

Yo bum rush the show - Public Enemy, £1

Beautiful maladies - Tom Waits, £1

All these for three quid, bargain.

Charity shops, not car boots sales dammit! :angry:

But since you're broadening the scope, thought you might be interested to know I bought a Gong CD from a cut-price bookshop whilst on hols.

Charity shops, not car boots sales dammit! :angry:

But since you're broadening the scope, thought you might be interested to know I bought a Gong CD from a cut-price bookshop whilst on hols.

they are just mental aren't they don't they have songs about flying teapots and gnomes and other really weird things?

seriously crazy stuff

they are just mental aren't they don't they have songs about flying teapots and gnomes and other really weird things?

seriously crazy stuff

That's the ones. Prog rock at it's most prog. Puts the Mars Volta to shame!

Camden lock CD shops > Charity Shops.

You still get loads of amazingly strange, unheard of, random stuff for like 50p but you also have the potential of finding awesome things in there, too.

Honestly it's great to just go in a CD shop in Camden, close your eyes, grab something and buy it. Always worth a couple of quid.

Camden lock CD shops > Charity Shops.

You still get loads of amazingly strange, unheard of, random stuff for like 50p but you also have the potential of finding awesome things in there, too.

Honestly it's great to just go in a CD shop in Camden, close your eyes, grab something and buy it. Always worth a couple of quid.

Hah, I go to sixth form in Camden (Camden School for Girls), about 5 mins from Camden market.

Hah, I go to sixth form in Camden (Camden School for Girls), about 5 mins from Camden market.

Nice I used to live in Wood Green but I'm back in Leicester. My flatmate from there's now on Mornington Crescent, bout a ten minute walk from Camden Market.

every band in camden looks like they're in the sixth form, well they used to anyway...

besides, still not as good as music and video exchange in notting hill...

we have an awesome record shop in oslo called 'råkk and råll' (yeah, it's funnier in norwegian, but it should help you pronounce my user name ;) )... i've got some amazing stuff for pennies, the cd's aren't as cheap as the vinyl, but we don't have many charity shops here, not compared to gypo leicester :P

flea markets are where it's at :thumbup: village halls out in the suburbs, oh yeah--

Archived