Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Bit of a run for the Knicks at the moment. Came from behind last night to beat the Bucks. Can only boost confidence for the playoffs.

Be interesting against Thunder as 2 players are fighting it out for the scoring title.

Who do you reckon will win it???

It's a misleading run though because several teams are resting their players.

Melo is on a hot scoring streak with excellent percentages. It's a shame he's a one trick pony - the MVP chants are hilarious.

I watched them beat the Heat (without Wade, Bron and Chalmers) it was close until the last few minutes. Melo was outstanding, TC was clearly rusty but I was shocked at how old JKidd played, early in the season he was key to their winning but last week he was burn material.

If both Knicks and Thunder put out strong teams I'd have to give the edge to the Thunder. Melo is little behind Durant, TC is better than Perkins, Ibaka is better than KMart and Westbrook is so much better than Failton. I don't think it'll matter though, Knicks are 2 up on the Pacers now - they should hold onto the 2nd seed which'll mean home advantage until the ECF if they make it.

The positive is that they'd have home court over the Pacers if they meet in the first round, the negative is that they'll have to face a rested KG and the Celtics in the first round whereas the 3rd seed looks like they'll get the easier Hawks. In fact if I was a Knicks supporter I'd be worried about the Celtics. I can see a first round exit for the over-lauded Knicks in the playoffs.

Oh FIF, you do make me laugh. When the knicks were sort handed you were banging on how the knicks fans moan when we have a short team then when your beloved heat are short its a different story.

I don't agree with teams putting out weaker teams, true the teams they have played are not top teams but as i'm sure your aware that wins breed confidence. When the heat went on that amazing run some of the games were won with a huge amount of confidence due to winning. Whatever team is put out you still have to beat them and the fact that anthony is doing it with such high % is pleasing. Your arguments are irrelevant to be honest as your so one sided by hating knicks/bulls etc. Kncks still beat heat 3 times with all wins in double figures this season.

I think with K-mart and TC playing they can keep KG a little more quiet.

Kidd has been quiet but hopefully his experience at this stage of the season can help, only time will tell.

Regarding Durrant, he is more of a one trick pony than anthony. His height helps him at the position he plays, playing against smaller guys at the position he plays and having a great shot.

I'm sure you only have 1 MVP candidate................... Leflop James. But again thats your blinkered views coming out again

I like your jokey posts.

The Heat are still on a better run than the Knicks. We warapped up the NO.1 in the East so long ago that I can't even remember the date. Your Knicks are over 10 games behind us. And I'm glad that your 3-1 season WIN over us makes you so cocky - you're a typical Knicks fan, I just hope that you can manage to beat the Celtics and the Pacers (or whomever) so that you can stare reality in the face.

KMart is a player that no-one wanted, you can't honestly believe he can quieten KG unless he reverts to his thuggish self. TC is your only hope - he had better be fit.

Kidd is one of my all-time favourite players but recently he hasn't been looking quiet - he has been playing OLD, Have you not watched 2nd and 3rd string PGs running past him for uncontested lay-ups?

Durant more of a one-trick pony than Carmelo - only a Knicks fan could say that, Durant is on a whole other level compared to Melo and you're right neither of them are on Bron's level.

Melo has for the most part had a very good shooting year (if you forget a couple of poor months) but for you ti intimate that he has a right to be mentioned in the MVP reckonings is hilarious.

Just in case you didn't know it.

Player of the month awards this season:

October /November - Lebron James

December - Lebron James

January - Lebron James

February - Lebron James

March - Lebron James

So how does Melo come into the discussion? lol

Doubt we'll see you in the playoffs but enjoy your small winning run - when you get to 27 let me know.

Looking forward to Durant playing against another little player this week, Still I'm sure Melo will be putting up another triple double against him - How many triple doubles does your all-round superstar have?

I like your jokey posts.

The Heat are still on a better run than the Knicks. We warapped up the NO.1 in the East so long ago that I can't even remember the date. Your Knicks are over 10 games behind us. And I'm glad that your 3-1 season WIN over us makes you so cocky - you're a typical Knicks fan, I just hope that you can manage to beat the Celtics and the Pacers (or whomever) so that you can stare reality in the face.

I think the Knicks would "manage" the Celtics or Pacers just fine.

KMart is a player that no-one wanted, you can't honestly believe he can quieten KG unless he reverts to his thuggish self. TC is your only hope - he had better be fit.

K-Mart has been a great pick-up for the Knicks, but I guess his solid performances don't count because you don't like the guy. The Knicks may well be able to afford either K-Mart of Chandler some extra rest down the home stretch if they get locked into the 2 seed. Chandler looked a little better on Friday night and I think he will be fine when the playoffs start.

Kidd is one of my all-time favourite players but recently he hasn't been looking quiet - he has been playing OLD, Have you not watched 2nd and 3rd string PGs running past him for uncontested lay-ups?

Kidd was playing stupid minutes for a 75-year-old before he started to break down. Fortunately, Prigioni has (finally) been playing more minutes, and is an excellent defensive player, but I wouldn't figure you would talk about our 2nd or 3rd string PG putting starters in lock down. Kidd should only be playing 25 minutes tops in the regular season anyway.

Durant more of a one-trick pony than Carmelo - only a Knicks fan could say that, Durant is on a whole other level compared to Melo and you're right neither of them are on Bron's level.

Melo has for the most part had a very good shooting year (if you forget a couple of poor months) but for you ti intimate that he has a right to be mentioned in the MVP reckonings is hilarious.

Just in case you didn't know it.

Player of the month awards this season:

October /November - Lebron James

December - Lebron James

January - Lebron James

February - Lebron James

March - Lebron James

So how does Melo come into the discussion? lol

Doubt we'll see you in the playoffs but enjoy your small winning run - when you get to 27 let me know.

Looking forward to Durant playing against another little player this week, Still I'm sure Melo will be putting up another triple double against him - How many triple doubles does your all-round superstar have?

Who calls Carmelo Anthony an "all-round" anything except when talking about his body shape? lol

If you're gonna troll Knicks fans about their team's injury woes, then perhaps there is more to the Heat's stars wearing street clothes instead of the stupid monochrome jerseys their franchise prefers lately. How's D-Wade's knee doing, anyway?...

:thumbup:

Cruss was inferring Melo should be in the MVP talk. lol lol

Prigioni is great for a 45 year old rookie. He could play on the same all star team as Joel Anthony.

I'm not trolling your injury woes. Your team maybe but not their injury woes. I'm sorry that TC is/was injured you're going to need him to exit the first round :whistle:

KMart was a great pick up for an ageing team falling to pieces during the regular season - that doesn't stop him being a thug or unable to stop old man KG.

Dwade is the best player on the planet even on one knee. When he's fit even Bron is not fit to lick his Li Ning's :P

I wasn't inferring that melo is MVP. As a knicks fan i think he lets the team down more than he helps them. He's never been a triple double player, but its nice to see him doing ell coming up to play off time.

I don't think the celtics are that strong, even with KG. I think that on the day the knicks can beat any team. Oh look, they just beat the thunder but im' sure you will find a reason that the thunder didn't win, probably that on a sunday they struggle and the moon wasn't bright enough.

I don't believe your trolling and it does amuse me your views, which is good as we all have different views and opinions, you just have one view.......

Your team did great on your winning streak, well done. Other than scorng, what does Durrant really do that is better than others? Nothing else outstanding to be honest.

Reading your posts again your starting to sound like a Man Utd fan. Nothing ever your teams fault, only see one side of a discussion, nobody else can play as good as your team, so far up there own back side they believe that dwade is the best player on the planet!!!!! Did make me chuckle.

Like i said before, to get past the first round for the knicks is progression from the previous season. Keep improving and i'm happy. All this without STAT, can't see the heat winning all there games without one of there big name players????

There might be some shocks in the playoffs, i think closest its been for a while

New York 125, OKC 120

Ain't nobody ****in' wit' my Knicks Knicks Knicks Knicks Knicks Knicks... lol

I'm sure FIF will find an issue with it.

I don't think any NBA team can match the atmosphere at MSG. My dream to play on that court

I wasn't inferring that melo is MVP. As a knicks fan i think he lets the team down more than he helps them. He's never been a triple double player, but its nice to see him doing ell coming up to play off time.

I don't think the celtics are that strong, even with KG. I think that on the day the knicks can beat any team. Oh look, they just beat the thunder but im' sure you will find a reason that the thunder didn't win, probably that on a sunday they struggle and the moon wasn't bright enough.

I don't believe your trolling and it does amuse me your views, which is good as we all have different views and opinions, you just have one view.......

Your team did great on your winning streak, well done. Other than scorng, what does Durrant really do that is better than others? Nothing else outstanding to be honest.

Reading your posts again your starting to sound like a Man Utd fan. Nothing ever your teams fault, only see one side of a discussion, nobody else can play as good as your team, so far up there own back side they believe that dwade is the best player on the planet!!!!! Did make me chuckle.

Like i said before, to get past the first round for the knicks is progression from the previous season. Keep improving and i'm happy. All this without STAT, can't see the heat winning all there games without one of there big name players????

There might be some shocks in the playoffs, i think closest its been for a while

Just to get one thing straight - I've supported the Heat since they started and I support them with the same fervour that I support the City.

It's great to be world champions and have the possibility of a B2B after all the years of crapness and then the disappointments at the hands of the Knicks.

Any Knick fan who has been a supporter since the Ewing days and before would understand why I hate the Knicks (in a supporters sense).

I also hate the Bulls and to a slightly lesser extent the Celtics and pisstons. its all about rivalry.

I've had to eat so much crap from these teams supporters for most of the last 25 years that it's nice to talk crap back. And the Knicks have been so crap for about 15 years that their revival has brought back old memories. if anything you should feel good that your team is even worth ragging on.

Now to some of your points.

The Knicks had a great (and unexpected) win over Oklahoma. I only just watched the game in full so couldn't comment earlier. As a Miami fan I'll have to laugh at the two team's defenses - jokes.Knicks bench was incredible especially in the first half shooting though and the best part of the Knicks game is that they don't turn the ball over. that is one thing the Heat love teams to do.

I'm surprised that the Thunder didn't push the advantage that I spoke of before the game - speed at the guard slot. Yeah I know that Westbrook 37,11 and 8 killed everyone but he still took less shots than Melo, Even reggie Jackson was 6 of 8 and tormenting the basket but too often they didn't work on that considerable advantage.

Melo again hit some incredible shots but as I said that's all he does, well he did rebound a lot too but most of those rebounds were his own misses. Durant matched his scoring but also put up 7 assists and 4 blocks and he isn't even playing in the form of his life like Melo is. I can't understand how you can even compare the two players in overall game. I don't understand why Thunder weren't more physical with him too, I can't see the bulls or Celtics being so kind.

As regards the Celtics - no they aren't world beaters - they are old men and missing stars playing out their careers. I don't know if PP and Green have the ability to slow Melo nor whether KG can last long enough to torment TC/KMart but if you're telling me that you'd rather play Boston than 6th seed Atlanta in the first round I think you're crazy. I'm still hoping (but doubting) that Chicago can drop to 6th and let Atlanta regain 5th seed to give Miami the easiest route possible to the ECF.

And don't bullshit me that a Knicks first round victory will be progression and acceptable - that's like saying City finishing 7th this year is progression and acceptable - it's not. The Knicks need to be in the ECF otherwise their season is a failure - and a loss to the Heat in less than 7 would also be deemed that IMO.

btw are you worried that playing Melo now that the 2nd spot is in the bag is a dangerous and an unnecessary thing to do?

It is dangerous to put melo through these minutes to chase a scoring title that wouldn't help the team if he wins it. But ts a bonus to have.

I'll be honest a i've only been a knicks fan for 10 years, that was after a trip to msg. But i have supported where i can through the bad years of recently.

It isn't bullsh1t from me as a fan to be happy with progression, i don't think they are good enough to win it this year but happy to take the rough with the smooth.

Never said that i was looking for the celtics in the playoffs, just think we can beat them, you read too much into my posts. But like i said your very much like a man utd fan with your posts. But hey, nothing wrong with that, its just very funny.

Yes, melo is just a scorer, but that what he does best. Novak is a shooter, tc is a defensive player etc etc. I went to an NBA clinic recently and the pistons assistant coach said the same thing, play to your strengths, if your good at it then build on it. Not every player has to be an all rounder to be great. Just be good at what you do best.

So your points are your opinion but thats it, nothing else.

I do enjoy the banter though so thanks.

Too late for me tonight, struggling with a groin strain in training tonight, so best get to bed. Hope to hear from you soon

As a lifelong Raptors fan, I'm already looking forward to next season. Should be getting a few decent draft picks.

Toronto can't use Gay, DeRozan and Bargnani alone as the sole poster boys, they also need more recognizable faces and additional competition within the team.

Oh, and this might be a bit too far-fetched at this moment in time, but how swell would it be to already have the SuperSonics back in 2013/14?

Edited by MC Prussian

As a lifelong Raptors fan, I'm already looking forward to next season. Should be getting a few decent draft picks.

Toronto can't use Gay, DeRozan and Bargnani alone as the sole poster boys, they also need more recognizable faces and additional competition within the team.

Oh, and this might be a bit too far-fetched at this moment in time, but how swell would it be to already have the SuperSonics back in 2013/14?

Valanciunas has looked great this season (at least when healthy).

Personally I don't like Gay but understand why Toronto would take him. they are sure to get rid of Bargnani (at last) this off-season. De Rozan and Lowry and Andersen are all decent too.

It would be great to see the Sonics back, but not at the expense of the Kings. That's the worst thing about American sports for me, the frequency of moving teams from city to city.

How has Fields played this season with the Raptors?

Unfortunately i'm not that up to date with college ball this year, any outstanding players in the draft?

I watched the raptors a bit. From what I remember he started in the SL at the beginning of the season, failed to impress and has been filling in from the bench since. From what I've seen he's probably playing about 20mins a game but I'd be surprised if he's averaging 5 and 5. A disappointing signing on the back of a decent season for the Knicks before falling out of their favour too.

Edited by Guest

hey guys, If you'd doubled your "incredible" win streak you would nearly have matched ours. ;):P

Not quite, be hard to match that run for any team

I believe the the bulls are the knicks biggest worry in the early rounds, Just seem to be the bogey team.

What are your predictions for the playoffs? Will the lakers make it? What are the surprises for the play offs or are te heat to hard to beat?

Only 31 points for Melo tonight... He's slacking off lol

Edit: to answer your questions, I'd throw it all on the Lakers to make it if they win tonight. If they lose, they could be in big trouble as Utah dominated the season series and would win the 8 seed in a potential tiebreak.

Lakers have been playing pretty good ball, though.

Edited by Jordan

Some interesting games last night.

I was sad to see the Celtics whimper out against us - sure PP and KG were rested but I guess that means no playoff matchup with them this season and the Celtics, Heat rivalry is finished.

Great to see Chicago lose and Atlanta win. Would really prefer that the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks and Celtics are in the same bracket so that they can foul and bash each other up and not injure heat guys.

I'm not a Kobe fan but it was sad to see him go down with an achilles tear, it would be so much better to see the Lakers fail to make the playoffs WITH him on the court. Still going to be close between Utah and the Lakers. I hope Utah make it but the injury could inspire the Lakers. there season now has an out clause. Making the playoffs and going out in the first without Kobe doesn't seem so bad - they can pretend it's because Kobe is out (when we all know it wouldn't have made any difference).

an Achilles is normally 9-12 months. If the Lakers have any snese they amnesty Kobe and save $80m (kobe would still get his $30m) and then they can re-sign him for 2014/15 (they couldn't re-sign him within a year but he can sit out the year recovering.

I'd quite like to see him come back and overtake MJ's points total.

Heat Bucks

Knicks Celtics

are basically locked in

Pacers have 3 and Brooklyn 4 really so it's just waiting for the 5 and 6 seedings.

And 1 week to the Playoffs. Happy days.

Shame about Bryant, don't want to see any player injured. I had the same injury a few years back and its a bugger to get over. Even now i have problems with it and suffer badly when it hasn't been stretched correctly.

I think the saving 80m would be the bet, plenty of room to build a team around Howard, assess how Kobe recovers and sign him as per FIF's update.

Still think this is going to be a good playoff series.Lets hope it injury free.

Knicks against Celtics now locked in.

That's going to be a good series for a neutral to watch.

Still hoping that Bulls Pacers is the other because that could go either way too.

Play offs are here!!!!!!

Predictions please?

From a knicks point of view i think we can get to the conference finals and take the Heat to 7 games but lose in 7. Whoever beats the heat then will win the championhip.

Watch the lakers as well, Howard and Nash to really click in the playoffs.

Lets hope its a good one