Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

At last a decent Bulls, Nets game. How can any 3OT game not be worth watching. Nets will be kicking themselves. I still think the Nets could come back and take this series, but as a Heat fan I think the Nets would be easier to beat in the second round.

you can only like Nate Robinson if he's on your team though.

Enjoyed watching the Grizz stuff the clips, looks like it's going the distance again.

Didn't watch much of the Pacers hawks game but I was surprised at the turn around from the first few minutes I watched to the end of the game. Knicks must be licking their lips.

Thunder rockets was a wild one. Looked in the book and then Houston bottle up Durrant for most of the second half. Could've gone either way.

You've got to believe that better defensive teams (whoever they meet in the playoffs after this round) will like what they saw in Oklahoma. There is no way the Thunder can stick with KD isos and hope to win.

Knicks should be the first team through to the second round this evening. Celtics have looked old and spent - especially on offense. Hopefully the Heat sweep the Bucks too.

Missed the 3rd quarter for knicks/celtics game 3!!!! Sat back down just as Felton shot that monster 3.

Knicks will win now as Boston seem to struggle in the 2nd half, but they can't let teams go 20 points up each game!!!!! But if they win by doing that then so be it.

Looks like its going to be a late night for me tonight.

bit of heart from the Celtics and a fun game to watch at last. Carmelo was bothered by Bass.

Heat Bucks was a bore, no Wade and the Heat led from start to finish, played in 2nd gear. First team through.

Lakers opened up looking like they may make a fight of the elimination game. Didn't last long, Howard ejected for a second technical at the start of the 3rd (but already 20 down). End of a joke of a season in Lakerland. What is going to happen over this summer there?

Didn't watch too much of the Denver GS game but it seems GS blew Denver out of the water.

Stephen Curry is carrying Golden State through these play-offs, he has been quality in all their 3 wins.

On current form, the best PG in the NBA?

Curry is flavour of the month.

If I had the choice of any PG for my team I'd take Chris Paul without a moment's hesitation.

Over the season Curry may be no.5 for me but I'd always worry about his ankle issues.

Curry is flavour of the month.

If I had the choice of any PG for my team I'd take Chris Paul without a moment's hesitation.

Over the season Curry may be no.5 for me but I'd always worry about his ankle issues.

Just been looking at the stats for Point Guards.

He has been the 2nd best PG in the NBA behind Westbrook.

Edited by kingfox

Just been looking at the stats for Point Guards.

He has been the 2nd best PG in the NBA behind Westbrook.

Stats don't tell you everything.

Chris Paul is easily the best PG. His wins tell you something.

Tony Parker was an MVP candidate until his injury - still the second best PG in the league.

I'd take westbrook over Curry too.

Then there are Damien Lilliard the rookie who looked special, Jrue Holiday had an outstanding season, Deron williams second half of the season, Vasquez, Conley, Lawson, Irving, Bledsoe, Wall, Rubio... I'm not saying I'd take them all over Curry. He's got a great shot on him but he also has a massive "?" about his health. Let's see how far GS go this off-season and then see if he can back it up next season.

Two great games last night.

Denver getting back on track. I do love their team. Javale McGee starting was a great move. Hope they can win in GS now though - that's the difficulty for Denver.

Grizz beast the Clippers in LA. Tony allen and Prince having great games to back up the other 3.

Two great games last night.

Denver getting back on track. I do love their team. Javale McGee starting was a great move. Hope they can win in GS now though - that's the difficulty for Denver.

Grizz beast the Clippers in LA. Tony allen and Prince having great games to back up the other 3.

If you notice all of those are from last season or before. Having said that he like everyone makes boneheaded plays. I've seen Lebron miss dunks and throw the pass into the 3rd row. He has always made spectacular plays too. This season he has been outstanding in his role.

Anyway what about last nights games?

Knicks at home to finish the series - oops!

Thunder at home to finish the series - oops!

Pacers win at home so that they can go to Atlanta in G6 and lose again.

Big ups to Asik from last night.

Knicks are going to bottle it aren't they?

I don't think so. The Celtics are just tooo old and slow - I'd class dropping two as bottling it, dressing in black for the funeral and then losing at home was perhaps a wake up call. I know I said that Melo couldn't continue to score as well as he was earlier on but he can't play this badly for 2 more games either.

The Knicks should be licking their lips at the growing possibility of Atlanta in the second round.

Knicks are going to bottle it aren't they?

Well, I randomly met JR Smith this afternoon, and when I asked him if the Knicks were gonna close out the series in Game 6, he said, "Definitely." So, there you have it. :ph34r:

Smith and Melo can win games but easily throw games away,,,,

And why was Kidd marking Pierce most of the game when Shumpert is the best defensive player???? He did great in the 4th against pierce...

Am i the only one who can't stand Paul Pierce, he does that annoying nose in the air look when he scores and tries to act the hard man...

I can't stand PP but he has been a Celtic for life and he certainly brings heart. This year though he just doesn't have the game he has had in previous years - that's why Shumpert isn't guarding him but should Kidd even be on the floor? He is a defensive liability. sure he has nouse and can grab rebounds and hit the 3 but defensively he is just left for dead by guards and some SFs. Jet and Nate Robinson are even more annoying than PP though.

Melo's smirk is pretty annoying too..

So last night the Nets just overcame the Bulls in Chicago, so it's a G7 in Brooklyn for the right to be beaten by the Heat. Deng was out with flu in addition to the injuries and still DRose just sat on the sidelines and watched. Get on the floor , show some balls and pplay a few minutes you mental midget.

GS eliminate Denver.

I stayed up to watch the Knicks/Celtics only to fall asleep as the Knicks went 26 points up feeling rather happy.  I then woke up as the TV was still on and was shocked at what i saw.... Up by 6 with little time remaining.  Even though they won they need to sort it out as other teams won't be so kind.

Your right about Melo's annoying smile.  I'm still not convinced by him, he is a fantastic scorer but does some very silly things like give the ball away or silly little fouls that just get me angry. Good to see Felton playing well, surely he must of been a candidate for most improved player after his shambles at Portland.  Shows that with the right fit a player can flourish.

Heat must think its end of the season with the wait they are having to play the next team!!! Good thing that players are rested but bad that they are not playing competitive ball.

Got a friend who used to be a warriors season ticket holder, we are pushing for a knicks/warriors final....... Now wheres my William hill link gone

Yeah I watched the beginning of the Knicks game but it was so boring I flicked to the end and was surprised to see them close the gap.

Hawks were guff.

Houston blew it - thanks to me average Lin

Grizz move on.

Is CHris Paul a free agent?

Howard and Paul up for grabs would be interesting.

Can't see Paul leaving the clips.

Can't really see Howard leaving the Lakers though I think it'd be better for him if he did.

I'm a little nervous about the Knicks. They need to start showing a little more discipline on offense. Indiana will be in their faces on D and they gave the Knicks all they could handle this season. They are a 3-point shooting team, and you can't shoot from the perimeter if you're not moving the ball, which the Knicks haven't done too well in the last few games. If they can't do this, they will need Melo to be on fire.

I think there's enough talent on this team to advance, though... And while it won't be like a Reggie Miller-era Knicks-Pacers series, I can still see this one going the distance.

Noah is a hero.

Brooklyn chokers.

On paper the Nets have a much more talented squad but the difference in attitude and coaching between those two teams stretches for miles. I really thought the Nets would win but I should have known they're a bunch of pussies.