Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Woah, when did that happen? I thought he was finished.

We've been monitoring him for the last couple of years and decided to sign him up on a min contract. He only had his first contact 5 on 5 last week and we gave him a couple of mins in the final home pre-season game.

I don't think he'll be ready to play for a while yet but we'll keep cranking up the work whilst protecting him. If he breaks down we haven't lost much if he ever got back to his full potential then we'd 3peat.

Liking the Indiana & Brooklyn rosters this year.

Both look very strong, and in Brooklyn's case all depends if Pierce & Garnett can click with Deron Williams, Joe Johnson & Brook Lopez. Serious potential & quality in the starting five. 

Indiana came close last year, trio of George, Granger & Hibbert will always be dangerous, but they have made some shrewd signings, by bringing in CJ Watson & Luis Scola.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been following the NBA closely for years now - but for once, I am glad that some of the "original" spirit is being re-instituted.

It was announced earlier this summer during the offseason at first, but in the last few days, there's been more information about the glorious return of the Hornets to Charlotte!

Anyone who grew up in the late 80ies and 90ies will forever cherish the memories of seeing Alonzo Mourning, Divac, Bogues, Chapman, Gill, Mason, Eddie Jones, Dell Curry, Glen Rice, Baron Davis (in that teal and purple shirt) playing for the Hornets and will rejoice the fact that the original name and colors are coming back:

http://bringbackthebuzz.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/bobcats-officially-announce-teal-purple-for-charlotte-hornets-next-year/

Oh, and did I mention "Grandma" Johnson already?

(I miss the fun and tone in the NBA during the Jordan years)

• 4 months later...

Not had chance to watch much NBA this season.  Not got BT Sport and due to work i can't stay up too late to watch anything.

Hopefully we have a few shocks in the 1st round.  Always good to see an underdog do well.

I think the heat will do it even though i would prefer a different team to win.

Really ben great so far.

Love Memphis.

Hawks could pull off a real shock.

Wiz could be a good match up against the Heat

5 Game sevens

Best playoff first round that I can ever remember.

Feel sorry for Memphis that ZBo has been suspended from G7. They had a chance with him on the floor, and let's face it Memphis deserve to go through, great series but even better has been the Portland, Houston matchup. Every game was fantastic.

Can't believe that the Hawks messed up G6 on their own court they had it i the bag. Pacers don't deserve to progress.

Mavs and spurs has been highly entertaining too.

• 11 months later...

Don't know if anyone is watching but Jason Kidd is showing what a maestro coach he has already become after being a great player.

Those Bucks have no right being in the playoffs and yet they're playing some great team ball.

Certainly not a Harden fan but I've loved the Rockets in the first round too. Those Josh Smith, Dwight Howard alley oops wow!

Loving me some Memphis too;

Don't know if anyone is watching but Jason Kidd is showing what a maestro coach he has already become after being a great player.

Those Bucks have no right being in the playoffs and yet they're playing some great team ball.

Certainly not a Harden fan but I've loved the Rockets in the first round too. Those Josh Smith, Dwight Howard alley oops wow!

Loving me some Memphis too;

Spurs to cement their Dynasty. Did you also just say 'great team ball'

Bucks are in with a shot, but very unlikely to pull off a 0 - 3 to 4 - 3 upset.

Never happened in the playoffs I think.

I like the Grizzlies, need Conley back though - think they can give GSW a hard time, maybe even pull off an upset.

Spurs to cement their Dynasty. Did you also just say 'great team ball'

Spurs have been fantastic over the last couple of months.

Anyone but Cavs for me. Would be very happy if the Spurs won B2B

Bucks are in with a shot, but very unlikely to pull off a 0 - 3 to 4 - 3 upset.

Never happened in the playoffs I think.

I like the Grizzlies, need Conley back though - think they can give GSW a hard time, maybe even pull off an upset.

Yeah, no NBA team has won from 3 down. I don't think the Bucks can but for a team of young nonames they've played the last 3 really well. Lovin their defense.

I haven't watched the Grizz game 4 yet - probably watch that in full tomorrow - don't know the result but know that Conley was out for it.

I love teams that can play defense.

Yeah, no NBA team has won from 3 down. I don't think the Bucks can but for a team of young nonames they've played the last 3 really well. Lovin their defense.

I haven't watched the Grizz game 4 yet - probably watch that in full tomorrow - don't know the result but know that Conley was out for it.

I love teams that can play defense.

I had money on GSW when they were down by 20 points in the 4th vs the Pels.

That's how you clutch!

Agree with that I'm not a fan of Lebron. Followed the Spurs since the days of "The Admiral"

I've been a fan of the Heat since day 1 but I don't like Lebron either.

I had money on GSW when they were down by 20 points in the 4th vs the Pels.

That's how you clutch!

Maybe but when you're counting on Norris Cole to help you stop the threes raining you're in trouble.

If GS hadn't swept that would really have questioned their credentials.

I guess no-one can dislike Curry or Thompson and if it came down to GS or Cavs I'd take GS everytime but I'd prefer 6 or 7 other teams as Kerr needs a life lesson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors for winning the 2015 NBA Finals, their first title in 40 years!

2015-05-28t042920z_1852730673_nocid_rtrm

What makes this title so outstanding is the fact that it was won by a group of rather unknown players, none of which had ever appeared in an NBA final before, led by a coach who hadn't previously managed an NBA team at all.

Steve Kerr - he's magic, you know!

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

Edited by MC Prussian

GSW have been the most entertaining side in the NBA, for the past couple of seasons.

Curry has been on the cusp of greatness for a while, expected them to win a Championship at some point but didn't expect them to do it this quickly.

Happy to see them achieve it.