Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Knics have been terrible of late. Woodson is doing a Pearson and messing about with the starters. White should never be starting, when fit STAT should of been starting. He seems to have lost the plot a little.

Last night was disgusting, they are living and dying by the 3 pointer.

Fair play to Miami, if they keep this run going into the playoffs then look out.

I've always said that if Knicks get past the first round then its an improvement on last season and its a sign of progression. The only thing that is going for us is that we seem to do well against Miami. Not that we will play them in the playoffs.

Knics have been terrible of late. Woodson is doing a Pearson and messing about with the starters. White should never be starting, when fit STAT should of been starting. He seems to have lost the plot a little.

Last night was disgusting, they are living and dying by the 3 pointer.

Fair play to Miami, if they keep this run going into the playoffs then look out.

I've always said that if Knicks get past the first round then its an improvement on last season and its a sign of progression. The only thing that is going for us is that we seem to do well against Miami. Not that we will play them in the playoffs.

Well, the whole Stat starting thing is something we won't have to worry about for the next 5-6 weeks...

I think Woodson's in-game management has been poor lately as well. The Knicks have several good ball-handlers in the backcourt that know how to help "run an offense," but when the Knicks are struggling, they don't run anything that even resembles an offensive play. If you're gonna live and die by the 3-pointer, run plays to get your shooters open and don't make a lower-percentage shot's chance any lower.

Well, the whole Stat starting thing is something we won't have to worry about for the next 5-6 weeks...

I think Woodson's in-game management has been poor lately as well. The Knicks have several good ball-handlers in the backcourt that know how to help "run an offense," but when the Knicks are struggling, they don't run anything that even resembles an offensive play. If you're gonna live and die by the 3-pointer, run plays to get your shooters open and don't make a lower-percentage shot's chance any lower.

From an external POV - I don't watch every Knick game and can only comment on what I see as an outsider - It seems more of a "water reaching its level" set up. The Knicks were clearly over achieving early on in the season with fresh players hitting a far higher percentage than they could sustain especially on 3 points.

Teams weren't ready for this form of the Knicks - one that actually passed the ball and played defense. On top of which Melo was scoring everything, JR was a controlled bezerker and Kidd especially was a dead eye 3 point shooter - oh and the old brigade hadn't broken down yet. Then the season wore on - the older players started to suffer, the other teams took the Knicks more seriously and players reverted to reasonable shooting percentages. Then the defense started to slip and Melo started to play more and more iso.

The Knicks must find their high defensive level to progress in the playoffs and they need to go back to making the extra pass and not believe that Melo can beat good teams on his own.

At the moment I'd say that the Pacers are the biggest threat to the Heat in the east and quite possibly the Celtics are the second biggest threat in their new Rondo-less set up. Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Hawks are all pretty much of a similar level though in different ways. I'd be quite happy with a bucks first round matchup and then a Nets/Hawks second round matchup and leave the Knicks to have to face the Celtics in the first and the Pacers in the second.

JR Smith is either fantastic or a waste of space at the moment. I don't think he can cope with the pressure of being the main scorer.

Who will be the 1st team to break the heats run?????

I've heard rumors that James will finish his career back at the cavs as he wants to link up with irving. Going to be interesting with the run up to the play offs as still lots to play for for certain teams.

JR is always either fantastic or a waste of space. He has been good for you this season though.

Who knows. It's an incredible run that looks like it'll be broken during most games and then the HEAT play defense.

They're just wishful thinking. I think James will re-sign with the Heat for another contract but perhaps in the twilight years he'll go back to the CAVS. He should never forgive their owner though.

second through seventh in the East could still go any way.

Still hoping the Lakers fail to make it in the West (though some days I'd love them too) I think they'll make it though.

Where has this James to the Cavs thing come from? Is it just speculation or has he said something about it?

Would be cool.

Just speculation. He has never commented on it, at least not publicly. Chances are he hasn't got a clue himself what the future holds yet.

Can't help but want the Heat's win streak to come to an end ASAP though. Like many others I've never been able to warm to Lebron for some reason. It was the same with Kobe when he was winning three rings in a row but now I love the dude.

Just speculation. He has never commented on it, at least not publicly. Chances are he hasn't got a clue himself what the future holds yet.

Can't help but want the Heat's win streak to come to an end ASAP though. Like many others I've never been able to warm to Lebron for some reason. It was the same with Kobe when he was winning three rings in a row but now I love the dude.

I can't like Lebron for some reason, don't get me wrong he is a fantastic player but just something about him that annoys me.

Maybe its the flopping last year against the Knicks or the song and dance he made when he signed for miami.

Jordan will always be my number 1 player.

I don't think we have the stars like we use to have, i watched bulls v jazz the other day and Malone and Stockton worked hard to get where they are. I know the game is changing but Griffin is just a dunking machine and lebron has surrounded himself with top 10 players. I'm not even that keen on Anthony and i'm a knicks fan, i don't think he helps the team as much as he can do. Scoring 30 points in a game by taking 100 shots a night isn't helping a team. Where as Chandler is a worker and gives everything he has.

Maybe its jut me as i was always a rodman fan, even when i play now i get a kick out of outrebounding taller and fitter players than me. I'm a 5ft 9 nearly 40 overweight point guard but can mix it down low by boxing out and getting position.

Outside of the NBA, while the NCAA championship tournament ("March Madness") officially started on Tuesday night, it doesn't "really" start until today, now that we're down to 64 teams. Not only is this a fantastic annual tournament (the best in sports, IMO), but filling out one's bracket is a national pastime in itself, whether one enters an office pool or an online contest.

27 down half way through the 3rd, 4 up half way through the 4th.

When the Heat play defense they are incredible.

And I've followed the NBA for 25 years and believe that now is better than ever.

I'm not a Lebron fan but he is the greatest all round player I've seen and that includes MJ.