Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

I'm not a Lebron fan but he is the greatest all round player I've seen and that includes MJ.

MJ was 6'6", quick, could jump high enough to tough the ceiling, was a fantastic shooter, and was an incredibly tenacious defender. Lebron, though, is 6'8" and built like a brick house, and I would agree that he is the best all-around player because he could play any position on the court if he needed to. I'd think Lebron would handle himself pretty well against a bunch of centers in this league on the low post.

Outside of the NBA, while the NCAA championship tournament ("March Madness") officially started on Tuesday night, it doesn't "really" start until today, now that we're down to 64 teams. Not only is this a fantastic annual tournament (the best in sports, IMO), but filling out one's bracket is a national pastime in itself, whether one enters an office pool or an online contest.

Shattered St. Marys lost looking forward to seeing Delavadova in the big time next season.

Shattered St. Marys lost looking forward to seeing Delavadova in the big time next season.

They hung in there and almost shocked Memphis--Dellavadova actually got off a shot to win at the buzzer, but he airballed it.

MJ was 6'6", quick, could jump high enough to tough the ceiling, was a fantastic shooter, and was an incredibly tenacious defender. Lebron, though, is 6'8" and built like a brick house, and I would agree that he is the best all-around player because he could play any position on the court if he needed to. I'd think Lebron would handle himself pretty well against a bunch of centers in this league on the low post.

I think that is what is most extraordinary about him. In crunch time he'll switch to defend whoever is hot whether that is a 6-2 PG or a 7-2 center and he'll stop them.

That's whilst being a centerpiece of the O too.

I grew up on 90's NBA and don't think this era compares.

Who do you play for Cruss5?

Playing and coaching for Bosworth this year, played for Fulhurst for 10 seasons prior to that and Groby before that.

First time i've played in division 4 and its quite an eye opener as thought it would be easier. Its just shown up that i need to get my arse into gear and lose weight and get into shape.

Do you play at all?

Playing and coaching for Bosworth this year, played for Fulhurst for 10 seasons prior to that and Groby before that.

First time i've played in division 4 and its quite an eye opener as thought it would be easier. Its just shown up that i need to get my arse into gear and lose weight and get into shape.

Do you play at all?

I packed it in 2 seasons ago but I played for Rawlins A Team for about 12 years, mainly in divisions 2 & 3 (just the one season in div 4) so I'm sure we must have played against each other before.

I keep thinking about playing again but just don't have the motivation anymore unfortunately. Hopefully it'll return.

I packed it in 2 seasons ago but I played for Rawlins A Team for about 12 years, mainly in divisions 2 & 3 (just the one season in div 4) so I'm sure we must have played against each other before.

I keep thinking about playing again but just don't have the motivation anymore unfortunately. Hopefully it'll return.

Pop along one time. Bosworth a good bunch of lads. First season with them and didn't know any of the players but been welcomed in. We train in twycross on tuesdays and game nights are on a friday

We must of played against each other at some point over the years.

Let me know if your interested

Knicks are hitting form at the right time. Against weaker opposition, but wins are wins. K-Mart looking the business.

Its still very open with the positions on the east coast, could be a very interesting play offs

Got a sneaky feeling the Spurs could be the team to emerge from the west and as this year is an odd number who knows, they could go all the way.

Cruss5, funnily enough my old coach text me this morning to ask if I fancied attending training tonight. I went along and remembered why I quit in the first place. Really appreciate the offer but I probably won't take you up on it. I'll see how I feel in the off season though, maybe a new team is what I need to whet my appetite.

Weakened Bulls team ending the streak was so satisfying.

New found love for Hinrich too, what a player.

haha, people can start posting here again then.

The streak had to end sooner or later, would have been nice to break the record but the Heat players need some rest before the playoffs. Taking every teams best shot night in and night out AND winning is hard work. 27-1 over the last 28 games isn't bad though.

Hopefully Bron and Wade don't even play against Bucks and Spurs this weekend - 3 consecutive losses aren't bad and the only difference it'll make is possibly losing home court advantage in the finals if we make it. That could be a blessing in disguise.

Knicks are hitting form at the right time. Against weaker opposition, but wins are wins. K-Mart looking the business.

Its still very open with the positions on the east coast, could be a very interesting play offs

still be interesting to see who plays who.

Celtics are dropping without KG but that would be anexcellent first round Celtics against Heat. Bulls could get 5 which would potentially give a bulls Heat second round matchup - another doozy and then Knicks or Pacers in the conference finals would be great.

Got a sneaky feeling the Spurs could be the team to emerge from the west and as this year is an odd number who knows, they could go all the way.

Cruss5, funnily enough my old coach text me this morning to ask if I fancied attending training tonight. I went along and remembered why I quit in the first place. Really appreciate the offer but I probably won't take you up on it. I'll see how I feel in the off season though, maybe a new team is what I need to whet my appetite.

how can the Spurs ever be a sneaky feeling? They have the best record in the West (and possibly the league) AGAIN. they are the best club in the league for the last decade or more. They have the best coach in the league, 3 cracking all stars and a bench full of talent.

If I wasn't such a big Heat fan they'd be my hot favourite to take the title.

I think you've listened to the media too much.

I think the spurs are quite possibly the best team in the league.

They should beat the Heat this weekend and I expect them to have the best record in the NBA by the end of the season giving them home advantage throughout the playoffs.

I agree that there are teams capable of beating them, Oklahoma, Clippers, Memphis and Denver would all definitely beat them at least once in a playoff series but over 7 games you'd have to take the spurs against any of them.

Then in a final of Heat (if they made it) and Spurs, the spurs have the PG who can attack the basket and the bigs that can kill Miami on the boards.

For me Spurs are the favourites but every round will be difficult.

My dark horse would be Memphis.

It'll all come down to form and injuries in the end.

As regards the East - Miami are the favourites but they've lost to Boston, Chicago, Knicks and Pacers more than they've beaten them in the regular season. that's not a sure thing.

Personally I think over 7 games we will beat all the east teams (probably 4:1 each round, 4:2 in conf finals maybe).

The final will be down to matchups and I hope it's NOT the Spurs most of all. i'd prefer Oklahoma or any team who turns the ball over a lot

My opinion of the Heat has been formed in part by the media but for the most part by watching them play. They've just won 27 straight, have the best record in the league, have the best player in the league by a country mile not to mention Wade, Bosh and a squad full of great role players so for me are huge favourites to retain their crown.

I'd love to see a Heat vs Spurs final and I'd love to see Tim Duncan win another ring before he retires.

Spurs haven't reached the finals since 2007 but always have a great regular season so I'd doubt if they are the odds on favourites to come out of the west. Here's hoping they do and the best 2 teams in the league battle it out in the finals.

They've just won 27 straight, have the best record in the league, have the best player in the league by a country mile not to mention Wade, Bosh and a squad full of great role players so for me are huge favourites to retain their crown.

True

Spurs have the second best record in the league, which will probably be the best at the end of the season. A win for the spurs at home this week will give them the same home record and one game worse away than the Heat (despite the Heat having just won 27 straight). They have Tim duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli who are in the same bracket as the Heat trio. They have pops who is the best coach in the league and their bench is far stronger than the Heats.

In particular they have the type of PG which gives the Heat fits and big men to exploit the Heat's biggest weakness.

Of course we were actually talking about who was the best in the West though - where spurs have the best record and the best team and the best coach.

Agreed except for the part where you said Duncan, Parker & Ginobli are in the same bracket as the Heat trio which clearly is way off the mark. In their primes maybe but no way at this point in time.

We can agree to disagree.

TP was on the shortlist for MVP this season before his recent injury, he's 21, 7 and 3 . TD who last night popped in 34 and 11 against Chris Paul, Blake Grifin and Deandre Jordan is averaging 17, 10 and nearly 3 blks a game. I agree with you about their liklihood of making the finals that must mean they are close to the super 3.

So you think Lebron is better than Jordan because he has a better physique and can play the 4 now and again (he has never played the centre position)?

The guy is amazing so don't get me wrong but he's been to the finals 3 times, won one championship and people want to proclaim him as the best ever.

He's dominating what is a watered down league compared to even 20 years ago. Maybe when his career is over he'll have a legit shout at being the GOAT but right now he'll have to settle at being top 10 all time at a push IMO.

Don't forget what age it is that we live in where all game are internationally televised, box scores & highlights are available in game and players faces are on the front and back pages of newspapers all around the world. There were some amazing players in the 50's, 60's and so on who got zero exposure compared to the players of today. Media hype builds up many players way above their skills are capable of nowadays.

So you think Lebron is better than Jordan because he has a better physique and can play the 4 now and again (he has never played the centre position)?

Yes he has , both offensively and defensively.

He is a far better defender overall then MJ was, he is also a far better passer.

He may have guarded the opposing teams centre on the odd possession here and there but that doesn't class as playing centre. I remember Hakeem Olajuwon picking up the point guard in transition many times but that doesn't mean he was running the point.

As for LeBron being a better defender than MJ, not a chance. Like I said in my previous post, being a more versatile defender doesn't mean he is a better defender. I'll give you the passing one though.

All I'm trying to say is tht players should be judged by their body of work over their career and at this point in time MJ is way out in front.

James has a long way to go to be up there with MJ as a better defensive player. MJ could defend most positions as well, except for the center but that era was a center driven era when the big man ruled (Olajawon/Ewing/O'neal/Mutumbo).

The big men these days are not as good. They can dunk and maybe block but creating for other players and creating there own moves isn't there.

I agree with silebyboy. But i might be biased as not the biggest james fan even though i respect how good he is as a player.

GRAPHIC VIDEO ALERT

The sight was pure horror.

During the NCAA tournament game between Louisville and Duke on Sunday, Cardinals guard Kevin Ware sustained a gruesome broken right leg at 6:33 of the first half.

With Louisville leading 21-17, Ware was contesting a shot by Duke's Tyler Thornton, who cut the lead to one after making a three-pointer.

The shot garnered no applause from the Duke bench as Ware landed awkwardly on his right leg, drawing immediate shock and dismay from both teams.

One game official admitted to several reporters that a bone snapped in Ware's leg. Louisville players were inconsolable as Ware was whisked away on a stretcher.

The injury made even former quarterback Joe Theismann cringe.

"Watching Duke/ Louisville my heart goes out to Kevin Ware," tweeted Theismann, who suffered a similar grotesque broken leg in a Monday night football game against the New York Giants in 1985.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SA1hTm_HXrk#!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/opinion/2013/03/did-you-see-that-kevin-ware-suffers-gruesome-injury.html