Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

Nets 88-85 Knicks

Brooklyn tie the series 2-2 with that win at MSG. They had long periods without scoring throughout the 3rd & 4th quarters but NY didn't capitalise. Carmelo with 29pts although he did air ball an easy 2 with seconds remaining.

Nets are now 11-2 i think since their coach took over.

The Sacramento Kings franchise is going to be sold to Seattle:

http://espn.go.com/n...-group-buy-team

Long overdue.

Can't wait for the SuperSonics to return.

Shame for sactown fans though

Nets 88-85 Knicks

Brooklyn tie the series 2-2 with that win at MSG. They had long periods without scoring throughout the 3rd & 4th quarters but NY didn't capitalise. Carmelo with 29pts although he did air ball an easy 2 with seconds remaining.

Nets are now 11-2 i think since their coach took over.

Good win for the Nets.

Bulls are cruising too, beat the lakers without Rose and Deng.

Memphis game was good to watch. Allen had a wonderful game

For all of you who want to know more about the Sonics' move to Oklahoma City a few years back, I give you "Sonicsgate":

Particularly interesting is the part starting at 1h37m, when you realize that the sudden sale of the Sacramento Kings is not a volunteer move or a move out of economic reasons, but because of the fact that charming Mr. Bennett would've had to pay an additional $30 million to Seattle if the city didn't see an NBA franchise by July, 2013 the latest.

Then again, it's not that important since Washington State didn't even put the proposal to a vote, missing out on that money on purpose/by sheer ignorance.

Edited by MC Prussian

For all of you who want to know more about the Sonics' move to Oklahoma City a few years back, I give you "Sonicsgate":

Particularly interesting is the part starting at 1h37m, when you realize that the sudden sale of the Sacramento Kings is not a volunteer move or a move out of economic reasons, but because of the fact that charming Mr. Bennett would've had to pay an additional $30 million to Seattle if the city didn't see an NBA franchise by July, 2013 the latest.

Then again, it's not that important since Washington State didn't even put the proposal to a vote, missing out on that money on purpose/by sheer ignorance.

I have watched Sonicsgate before, and remember distinctly several people on it saying that the only way they could see Seattle getting an NBA franchise again would be from owners and the league ripping another team away from its city and fans, and that this would be awful in its own irony.

They did grind out a tough win over Miami last night without Rondo and played pretty good defense all night. Boston also has a bunch of decent guards, however, at this point, they're all just good bench players.

Those guys really have to step up, though, because I can't see Boston making a trade. They've nearly maxed out their salary cap, and any trade for a good PG will probably have to be a huge trade.

I'm sure the Celtics would like to do more to trim their payroll and start building for a post-Big 3 world, but Danny Ainge is going to have to pull of a spectacular deal if he wants to do that and replace Rondo for the rest of this season. I'm not really sure which players Ainge would want to part with... Barbosa has reportedly requested a trade but Ainge has denied him, and he may be more valuable to the team in the wake of Rondo's injury... Maybe they can flip one of their forwards for a PG with an expiring contract, then let him walk this summer and save $ that way.

They did grind out a tough win over Miami last night without Rondo and played pretty good defense all night. Boston also has a bunch of decent guards, however, at this point, they're all just good bench players.

Those guys really have to step up, though, because I can't see Boston making a trade. They've nearly maxed out their salary cap, and any trade for a good PG will probably have to be a huge trade.

I'm sure the Celtics would like to do more to trim their payroll and start building for a post-Big 3 world, but Danny Ainge is going to have to pull of a spectacular deal if he wants to do that and replace Rondo for the rest of this season. I'm not really sure which players Ainge would want to part with... Barbosa has reportedly requested a trade but Ainge has denied him, and he may be more valuable to the team in the wake of Rondo's injury... Maybe they can flip one of their forwards for a PG with an expiring contract, then let him walk this summer and save $ that way.

With Rondo out I can't see Boston playing with the intensity that they showed last night for enough games. They may make 8th spot but I doubt it. Therefore it's really time to start on the re-build. Question is will KG and PP be happy to leave or do they want to finish out their careers at the Celtics. This team will not win another championship until a complete re-build is done. There are challengers who would take KG and PP to bolster their bids and could give young players/picks in exchange. That would be best for the Celtics but I'm not sure that Ainge will do that. They should build a team around Rondo but if not they may as well trade him too. February could be interesting in Boston.

Melo beasting last night.

9 three pointers was it? Immense, 42 points overall.

I think the Knicks are the real deal this year guys.

I don't think so. I'm less impressed with them than earlier in the season. Melo is playing great but if a defender gets up into him he's not as good and he loses his cool too easily. I reckon the Knicks are behind the Pacers, Nets and possibly Bulls now.

• 2 weeks later...

Blow for Boston, Rondo out for the rest of the season.

and they're unbeaten in the 6 games since.

Unbelieveable.

Garnett doesn't want to leave. Pierce WILL not ba part of a rebuilding team.

Gasol out 6 to 8 weeks, Howard back but not happy.

The Impossible Shot?

You've never watched DWade play then.

He scores a shot like that at least once a week.

The ad before that video said that the league pass was only $99. I'll be having a bit of that if its correct.

It wouldn't surprise me. Half a season to go. Be careful though that probably doesn't include the playoffs.

It wouldn't surprise me. Half a season to go. Be careful though that probably doesn't include the playoffs.

I did think that. I paid around £40 last season for the playoff package. Does your package include the full season, all star weekend & playoffs?

I did think that. I paid around £40 last season for the playoff package. Does your package include the full season, all star weekend & playoffs?

It does.

I renewed in pre-season.