Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

The Panasonic Lumix range are good, almost exactly the same model as the Leica D-Lux but way cheaper.

Thanks. Problem with looking is there are very few shops to go in for advice. Jessops, Youngs and jacbs have gone and they may not have the knowledge in places like Asda.

Just had a quick look at the Argos page They have a LZ30 at £149.99 and LZ40 at £249.99 The first is rated 4 stars the second has not been rated yet as it is new. I may be willing to go up to that if it is a great deal better model But I would also need a case and cards which is why I said £200 max to take extras into account.

Edited by Rincewind

The latest Panasonic Lumix is probably almost double your budget, the Leica three times... They are very good cameras though. You will receive better advice from the internet (camera or photography forums) than Jessops, Youngs or Jacobs anyway so no loss there. Step 1, you have a budget. Step two, find at least a couple of models to compare. Step three, find prices (don't forget imports from China, Japan, Korea etc but research the sellers feedback first first) Step four, BUY IT and enjoy.

There are forums out there that deal with Compact/Bridge Cameras, go read them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but it's personal choice in the end.

The nearest Jessops is Nottingham. Thought about going there. Someone mentioned Canons. With DSLR I have some lenses from my old Zenith. They are of the bayenet screw type so would have to check if they would fit or are good enough. Otherwise I'll check on others.

Went in Curry's\Dixons. Bought an ink cartridge and said to the bloke at the till that I was interested in looking at the cameras. He gave me my change and said 'have a nice day.' Oh well if they don't want business I'll take it elsewhere. They had a Nikon a Panasonic a Kodak and a Fuji so not a great selection in the Bridge types and the others were too expensive.

Bought a photo mag but not much use.

got myself a camera. A Nikon P520

ANIKOCM085270493.jpg

Went Nottingham to get it from jessops. They said a shop will be reopening in Leicester. cost just over £300 with all the extras. A little more than I intended but the features and tech stuff seem better. It was getting dark by the time I had put the card and battery in (in a pub0 so only took one photo. The pub outside. Then it started to rain.

That's my spending on luxuries done for the next six months.

Don't ask me. I just looked at the picture I took. Crap. Not even what I was focused on. no idea what happened. Although I was fiddling about trying to find the shutter while carrying a carrier and having a bag over my shoulder. I did have the pub framed though. Oh well Will have to delete it.

Laugh if you want. lol

Keep the shot, then as you get better you will see the progression. You haven't posted it so far as I am aware though.

need to download it first. It has Wi Fi but also CG and lead for PC. Will look at it more tomorrow/morning

Really don't want to share it. Think its a picture of the pavement but how I don't know.

Can anybody recommend any websites to introduce COMPLETE beginners to photograpy, and I really mean to explain the basics, wouldn't mind having a go me-sen

If you can get to Loughborough on a Thursday night, there's a class there from 18:30 -21:00

£5 a lesson.

You'll be shooting in manual before you know it. and you'll never use auto again. I can give you the info if you're interested.

• Like 1

If you can get to Loughborough on a Thursday night, there's a class there from 18:30 -21:00

£5 a lesson.

You'll be shooting in manual before you know it. and you'll never use auto again. I can give you the info if you're interested.

I'll give it a google as I can't drive at the minute so would be a struggle to get to but thanks, always good to know.

I think I know why my first photo was not V good. The shutter was on a slight delay. Took the photo then moved the camera. My second attempt was OK. A self portrait. The screen swivels so good for this.

You gonna upload any to here then?

• Like 1

You gonna upload any to here then?

Need to onnect first/ Supposed to have Wi Fi not found it yet. Going out now so might try and take some. Not used to it yet got all sorts of stuff on the display. It has GPS but can't find the location or synchronize/ Need to go over the instructions in more detail..