Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

I'm a bit of a second hand lens maniac. Found myself a beautiful 50mm f/1.8 Pentax lens recently. Here are a couple I took with it:

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gifNegative0-07-08(1).jpg

1.jpg reminds me of Cartier-Bresson's work. I love the mood a great photo. I wish you'd straighten building though, as an engineer it does my head in :P

1.jpg reminds me of Cartier-Bresson's work. I love the mood a great photo. I wish you'd straighten building though, as an engineer it does my head in :P

Thanks man! He's my favourite photographer. I've noticed that literally all my photos are wonky, they go down hill from right to left. I have no idea why but it does my head in too.

Edited by bovril

I agree, it does look like Cartier-Bresson style photos. 

Really nice shot. 

Thanks man! He's my favourite photographer. I've noticed that literally all my photos are wonky, they go down hill from right to left. I have no idea why but it does my head in too.

Straighten them then :P

Nice shots mate. :)

I agree, it does look like Cartier-Bresson style photos. 

Really nice shot. 

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not but every time I look at your work, I am always reminded as to how good you are.

I would love to see you do some candid work like that. As I have said before or did I just think it, Leicester market would be a great place to do that.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not but every time I look at your work, I am always reminded as to how good you are.

I would love to see you do some candid work like that. As I have said before or did I just think it, Leicester market would be a great place to do that.

I actually have a couple of good friends that do street photography and get some great stuff. My only worry with it is some great big bloke thinking I'm photographing his missus and then getting a punch and my camera broken. haha

And cheers! :D

I actually have a couple of good friends that do street photography and get some great stuff. My only worry with it is some great big bloke thinking I'm photographing his missus and then getting a punch and my camera broken. haha

And cheers! :D

:D Get a longer lens or teleconverter then. Mike Browne has a nice tutorial on that

Edited by Smudge

Absolutely stunning images, but makes me a bit sad thinking about adventures I haven't had and never will.

Meant to post this a while ago. Check out this guy's work. Great photographer.

http://www.martinwaldbauer.de/

Brilliant images, how do people get to be so wrinkly? on the other hand I have fallen for the girl with the necklace!

IMG_5995-001_zpse3a4d619.jpg

Out of interest, where's this? I'm guessing the approach to Tower bridge but can't be sure.

Edit: just realised that's the tower of london moat :P

Funny to think that whole City hall/London place area was a bomb site until fairly recently. Slightly off topic but that reminded me of this clip :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGRRbF4ew8

Edited by OzFox

Out of interest, where's this? I'm guessing the approach to Tower bridge but can't be sure.

Edit: just realised that's the tower of london moat :P

Yeah this is just off Tower Hill underground stop. Tower of London is to my right. and then obviously a bit further around is Tower Bridge :)

Off to The Victory Show in Cosby today, so hoping for some good shots :D

Some shameless promoting from me too. My Facebook Photography page. Needs updating and sorting, but if you have a Facebook account, please feel free to "like". Cheers. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJTopleyPhotography

Edited by MikeyT