Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

Cheers man. My pictures arn't as professional as others, but I like taking photos, yeah. 

Forget how professional you can make a picture look, it's all about the concept. Find something interesting and shoot it. As Ansel Adams said, "I've seen a lot of very sharp photos of fuzzy concepts".

Girlfriend got me a B+W Neutral Density Filter for birthday which I wanted. Not been anywhere properly yet to try it out, but was in Lincoln the other day so gave it a go here. Hours of fun to be had with this :) Will get some nice sky effects when the weather is better. 

IMG_0238-001_fhdr_zps9a2f9a50.jpg

Love that Mikey

Some good photos here. Not a cheerful subject matter though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608543/Photographer-Lee-Jeffries-uncovers-haunting-human-face-drug-addiction-homelessness-poverty.html#ixzz2zniJvHzI

I like the one of the bloke withthe beard with his hands on his face and the one just after.

Edited by Rincewind

Some good photos here. Not a cheerful subject matter though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608543/Photographer-Lee-Jeffries-uncovers-haunting-human-face-drug-addiction-homelessness-poverty.html#ixzz2zniJvHzI

I like the one of the bloke withthe beard with his hands on his face and the one just after.

The Daily Mail Ken?

The Daily Mail Ken?

I know. The link was put on the DNO site and the person that posted it said he is not keen on posting DM  But I expect the photographer sold them to the highest bidder. They were worth posting though. It was not the UK which will be their get out regarding what is happening in the UK.

Some scummers don't look after their appearance and ply themselves with drink and drugs, photographer turns up with some special effects to make them look as weird and messed up as possible, and the point is what? Am I supposed to react in a certain way to being prrsented with manipulated images of tramps?

Some scummers don't look after their appearance and ply themselves with drink and drugs, photographer turns up with some special effects to make them look as weird and messed up as possible, and the point is what? Am I supposed to react in a certain way to being prrsented with manipulated images of tramps?

Do you know these people? You have reacted exactly how I thought you would and it disgusts me. I am sure the majority of the posters on here will be a little more open minded and compassionate to fellow human beings and not prejudge based solely on  prejudices and stereotyping of people that are not known.

Anyway this is a photography thread and I posted images that I thought worthy of sharing with those interested in and with expertise in the art of photography and your ignorance will not deter me from doing so in the future.

Edited by Rincewind

Do you know these people? You have reacted exactly how I thought you would and it disgusts me. I am sure the majority of the posters on here will be a little more open minded and compassionate to fellow human beings and not prejudge based solely on prejudices and stereotyping of people that are not known.

Anyway this is a photography thread and I posted images that I thought worthy of sharing with those interested in and with expertise in the art of photography and your ignorance will not deter me from doing so in the future.

Very good! I feel thoroughly told off.

Still don't understand though. If the idea is to show how shocking real life suffering is, why have the images been manipulated? Doesn't that defeat the object?

Fair point Moose. But it could also be interpretation of the way the subjects felt about their situation and how they felt. One of the group I am involved with is an ex-drama teacher and in one session he got the group to act out how it would be to be rejected by others and others to act how they saw outsiders. We also did happy and sad. I think those photographs are close to how i would think an outsider who feels unloved and rejected would demonstrate their feelings.

That is all I am saying as I do not want the thread taken over by non photography issues.

Wonderful!

Not surprising really, he's a proper photographer anyway and uses a Kiev 88 camera with medium-format film!!!

Film photography is overlooked by modern togs who see digital as being better, which it isn't.

They are good, although in a pre digital world, especially medium and large format, they are nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1

Not surprising really, he's a proper photographer anyway and uses a Kiev 88 camera with medium-format film!!!

Film photography is overlooked by modern togs who see digital as being better, which it isn't.

They are good, although in a pre digital world, especially medium and large format, they are nothing out of the ordinary.

Cracking camera - a 'Hasselbladski' !

• 1 month later...

Quality photos as always Mickey. There's just something I find about reenactment a that I find... I don't know... Strange? That's the best word I can find for it anyway.

I found myself in the middle of a Viking one when the family and I went to see some fireworks last November at some castle near Stoke. And fair play to the guys in it - they were excellent actors but I found myself feeling embarrassed for them and to be perfectly honest I don't really know why! If it was aimed at ids if get it but the audience was mainly adults by a long stretch.

Perhaps it was, because I'm not a fan of the "fantasy" genre (again, not he correct word there), I don't like films with swords, axes, goblins and wizards etc or maybe it was seeing grown men in costume shouting at each other and trying to involve me like a child, I politely declined.

Whatever it was I found it really cringeworthy and actually so annoying I had to walk away because it was simply and irrationally pissing me off. I went to the beer tent and all was forgiven. I don't mean to cause offence to anybody that does that. I can't explain why, I just really, really didn't like it.

• 2 weeks later...