Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The Photography Thread

Howdy all. I have set up another page on Facebook, primarily for the War Re-enactment photography I do from time to time. So if you're on Facebook, please feel free to "like" the page. Only set it up yesterday afternoon, so still many images to add as I go along. Cheers :)

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljtopleywarphotographer

Not sure if it's totally everyones cup of tea but next week in London is open house weekend, loads of places that are normally closed to the public are open and free to all places like the Gherkin, Tower 42, Lloyds of London and Battersea power station including the turbine hall for the last time before it gets mashed up and turned into a shopping centre.

I reckon there will be some amazing photo opportunities so heading down myself

http://www.londonopenhouse.org/

Edited by Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Not had much chance of photography lately due to starting a new job, but here's one from yesterday afternoon at Burrough Hill Country Park. Took cover here for a bit amidst the howling gales and heavy rain. Loved the Autumnal colours staring to show.

IMG_7424_zps1f1f033c.jpg

• Like 1

Not had much chance of photography lately due to starting a new job, but here's one from yesterday afternoon at Burrough Hill Country Park. Took cover here for a bit amidst the howling gales and heavy rain. Loved the Autumnal colours staring to show.

IMG_7424_zps1f1f033c.jpg

Im beginning to hate you Mikey... your pics make me miss England almost as much as the football does.

:thumbup:

Thought I'd try a bit of HDR, which I understand some people like, others don't.

St. Catherine's Oratory, Blackgang, Isle of Wight. Sunset in the West with a storm brewing overhead on Saturday 12th October 2013.

Very mystical :thumbup:

Must admit I had to look up HDR. Was aware the human eye can cope with a much greater range of contrast than a camera, so I guess this is achieving something close to what you actually see with your eyes. Would be interesting to compare the same shot taken with a "normal" exposure

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ahh memories. On visits to the Grandparents I used to climb that rock formation in pic 3 and pretend I was a mountaineer.  It doesn't look so formidable now. :D

Go back and give it a try. I dare say at the time it was like your very own Everest. lol