Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Blur

Yeah right, you are just as bad as Damon.

Damon did A level music ?! Like come on, how can anyone take that idiot serious ?

What lving in his posh, uptown house and getting everything he wanted handed to him. He has the right to go and name a album .. Modern live is rubbish ?

Maybe he should get his head out his arse and so should Jb.

I know a couple of lads who did A-Level equivelant courses in music - I don't understand why exactly that's supposed to discredit him. It's not like it costs anything to go to college at 16 and it's not like you have to be some sort of educated genius to get on a music course, either. There's no class exclusion there - anyone can study music. You learn a few things about sound tech and recording and the like too which is handy if you fancy a job in the industry but you're not going to make it as a rock star.

It's hardly like Damon Albarn learnt anything amazing about song writing whilst there. If he's a good musician he's a good musician because he got in a band with a bunch of mates and pissed around 'til something clicked, same as Oasis. If Noel wants to take pride in the fact he didn't bother with an education then God bless him but that's got fuck all to do with culture.

"Culture" is everything. Everything from fish and chips to afternoon tea at the golf club is British culture, from Lord Byron to Mike Skinner. You don't have to be brought up in a one-room flat in Brixton or Birkenhead, eating from dustbins and fighting outnumbered against your neighbours for food to feed your fatherless little siblings to "get" British culture. It's just part of you whether there's a silver spoon in your mouth as a child or an abusive priest's wang.

I always feel it's best in these situations just to let him keep talking.

Cracks me up something brilliant, tbh. Apologies to anyone who'd rather me just ignore it. :whistle:

Again Finn you didn't get where i was coming from. People don't understand Noel but i do. Everything that comes out his mouth is Genuis. Damon is nothing but a upperclass shandy pants who thought he could change music but his music wasn't music people could connect to like Noel's.

Blur will always be a britpop band who split up because they got boring and people got sick of their same old blah music. Why Oasis kept going and keep people intrested.

I get where you're coming from but you're just being a mixture of pretentious and delusional.

Most people don't get Noel but you do? Puh-lease. The sooner you get over this image of you being some kind of working class prototype the sooner people will start taking you seriously. My accent sounds a bit more well-spoken than yours and I did my A-Levels so somehow you've got some englightened world view and I'm sheltered? Come off it.

Noel Gallagher's a cracking song-writer and you don't want to let the likes of Valerenga tell you otherwise. But claiming Blur did nothing and changed nothing in music is daft. Whether you like it or not they were part of a massive movement and what you frequently overlook here is the impact they had on the careers of a certain pair of Mancunian brothers.

If you really believe Oasis would have been anywhere near as succesful as they are if not for the PR storm they whipped up alongside Damon Albarn you're massively naive. Oasis owe as much to Blur as Blur do to Oasis, they existed for each other and for the NME (and the tabloids) just as much as for themselves.

Its a great quote, sums him up. Colchester, student and he's thinking he's a working class hero :crylaugh

How can speak about British culture ? Noel on the other hand, working class, never studied music and went on to become a legend and BEAT Blur hands down.

but noel lives in notting hill doesn't he? :whistle:

to be honest they're as bad as each other - they are both playing on stereotypes and, more importantly, those who buy into stereotypes, those that believe that damon and noel weren't doing anything other than stirring up interest.

as i've mentioned before, i had a chat with noel once (c.1996), in a club in london, and he was so far from the bloke who makes these soundbite digs at blur it's almost funny to see you lapping them up as a new kind of gospel. the reality is that he's just a normal bloke from a working class background who has done what any working class person done-good will do, he bought a big house in a nice neighbour hood - hardly heroic.

despite me being constantantly misunderstood <_< , i don't think noel is a 'bad' songwriter, just limited - my preference for albarn's songwriting stems from his greater understanding of musical (not necessarily britsih) culture, his influences are clearly much broader ranging from music hall to julian cope.

these quotes you are posting, ash, sadly, are only reinforcing people's opinion of noel: it's all very playground, neanderthal - if that demonstrates a closer connection to british culture, then god help british culture. in the same way, i don't think albarn did any favours with his 'knees up mother brown act' - yet like oasis' football hooligan mentally it was a very successful commercial ACT, that served both of them very well.

personally, i'm long past caring about what bands have to say.

lets get this back to blur before everyone blames me for fucking it up :thumbup:

Having lived in both Colchester AND Manchester, I don't buy into this hype that says that the Blur and Oasis camps are mutually exclusive.

Especially when both Noel and Damon are on record as saying neither of their bands would ever have seen the light of day had it not been for the influence of one band far bigger than both of them - the Smiths.

From what I remember, the argument between Oasis and Blur was nothing to do with class or culture, it was over a girl (I believe it was Noels Mrs left him to be with Damon), which is where (I think) the song 'Don't look back in anger' came about.

Having lived in both Colchester AND Manchester, I don't buy into this hype that says that the Blur and Oasis camps are mutually exclusive.

Especially when both Noel and Damon are on record as saying neither of their bands would ever have seen the light of day had it not been for the influence of one band far bigger than both of them - the Smiths.

Hurray!

Well I was a big Smiths fan before all the fuss about Blur and Oasis, and to be honest I've got pretty bored of both of them despite buying everything they did between 1993 and 1997. I keep going back to the Smiths though

From what I remember, the argument between Oasis and Blur was nothing to do with class or culture, it was over a girl (I believe it was Noels Mrs left him to be with Damon), which is where (I think) the song 'Don't look back in anger' came about.

If that were true I think it would be common knowledge.

You sure you're not thinking about Albarn splitting with Justine Frischmann and writing "Tender" and "no distance left to run".

If that were true I think it would be common knowledge.

You sure you're not thinking about Albarn splitting with Justine Frischmann and writing "Tender" and "no distance left to run".

Yea, I'm probably wrong, it was just something that was being banded around the time at the start of their feud. I was never really bothered about the conflict to be fair, I had no care for Blur, I just liked Oasis's music.

Hurray!

Well I was a big Smiths fan before all the fuss about Blur and Oasis, and to be honest I've got pretty bored of both of them despite buying everything they did between 1993 and 1997. I keep going back to the Smiths though

well, i think this definately proves ash's point - noel is a man of the people - in this case that equates to a busker....

thanks BESeb, when ever someone tries to suggest noel is talented, i will be posting this to show that it turns out he clearly is not, i could get anyone 12 year old kid in england to play that well in less than a week.

ha, i've tried to believe that maybe there was some quality underneath all the production and posturing, but there you have it, a man and a guitar and some 1st position chords, busking 101... :giggle:

ash how can you compare that performance to the talent of lennon - no feeling, no soul, no passion, no flair - i can now sleep easy

Not talanted ?! You write a Slide Away or a Live Forever then. Oh wait your a failed musican who bangs on how he met Noel once. Do you think Noel tells everyone who will listen he met you ? His band are playing sell out tours all over the world are you ? Do you have 20 Million pounds ?

Noel is more talented then Marr, Albarn and Brown. Oasis are the biggest band to come out of England since The Beatles ( prove me wrong please ) Will anyone care about Johnny Marr in 50 years ? Don't Johnny Marr play in a small indie band called The Cribs ? I bet he plays to a few thousand at best. Noel isn't a great guitarist and has never claimed to be but to say he's not talented is like saying your not up your own arse.

Noel wrote himself two of the biggest album of all time, Noel songwriting is a million times better then yours. Why people buy his albums and no one buys yours.

The Smiths are a good band but they're noway near Oasis terms of greatness.

Also if you knew anything about music your'll know Johnny Marr has played with Oasis million of times. He must RATE them to joined them onstage and to talk about how good they are.

Why don't Johnny Marr ever join you on stage ?

Not talanted ?! You write a Slide Away or a Live Forever then. Oh wait your a failed musican who bangs on how he met Noel once. Do you think Noel tells everyone who will listen he met you ? His band are playing sell out tours all over the world are you ? Do you have 20 Million pounds ?

Noel is more talented then Marr, Albarn and Brown. Oasis are the biggest band to come out of England since The Beatles ( prove me wrong please ) Will anyone care about Johnny Marr in 50 years ? Don't Johnny Marr play in a small indie band called The Cribs ? I bet he plays to a few thousand at best. Noel isn't a great guitarist and has never claimed to be but to say he's not talented is like saying your not up your own arse.

Noel wrote himself two of the biggest album of all time, Noel songwriting is a million times better then yours. Why people buy his albums and no one buys yours.

The Smiths are a good band but they're noway near Oasis terms of greatness.

Also if you knew anything about music your'll know Johnny Marr has played with Oasis million of times. He must RATE them to joined them onstage and to talk about how good they are.

Why don't Johnny Marr ever join you on stage ?

Fail.

And in terms of bands bigger than Oasis since The Beatles - Queen, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Jam, Led Zep, Pink Floyd and many others.

I don't mind Oasis, but your crap really is putting me off ever wanting to hear another of their songs ever again.

Anyways, back to Blur.

Essex Dogs. :cool:

Fail.

And in terms of bands bigger than Oasis since The Beatles - Queen, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Jam, Led Zep, Pink Floyd and many others.

I don't mind Oasis, but your crap really is putting me off ever wanting to hear another of their songs ever again.

Anyways, back to Blur.

Essex Dogs. :cool:

The Clash :crylaugh: Sex One album Pistols :crylaugh: The Jam :rolleyes: Led Zeplin :rolleyes: Pink NO CARES Floyd.

Many others, your a idiot and i mean a complete tool.

Your a typical Blur fan, if there was a poster boy for Blur you would be it.

You just love to disagree with anything i say, do you think its cool or gives you more brownie points of the likes of TPH or Daggers ?

Like I said, let him talk...

Maybe next you can talk about how Gallagher is more talented than Jimmy Page maybe or give Thom Yorke a stab?

So what your saying Noel Gallagher isn't talented ?

When did i say Noel was a great guitarist ?

Head up your own arse as usual plantpot.

The Clash :crylaugh: Sex One album Pistols :crylaugh: The Jam :rolleyes: Led Zeplin :rolleyes: Pink NO CARES Floyd.

Many others, your a idiot and i mean a complete tool.

Your a typical Blur fan, if there was a poster boy for Blur you would be it.

You just love to disagree with anything i say, do you think its cool or gives you more brownie points of the likes of TPH or Daggers ?

No, I disagree with what you say because you are wrong most of the time, a fact which is typified by this post.

1) Your intolerance of other people's musical tastes is absolutely astounding, to disregard all of those bands completely in comparison to the sainted Noel and his cronies is utterly ridiculous. If you're going to cast them off immediately (which you have done) then please provide some sound, constructive reasoning as to why you have done so instead of merely using emoticons or single word responses. Maybe then I'll take your views seriously.

2) I'm by no means a typical Blur fan. To me they're an OK band with some decent songs, in the same way I think Oasis are an OK band with some decent songs.

3) I don't need to disagree with you to be cool, I already am. :cool:

4) The difference between "your" and "you're". Learn it. :thumbup:

No, I disagree with what you say because you are wrong most of the time, a fact which is typified by this post.

1) Your intolerance of other people's musical tastes is absolutely astounding, to disregard all of those bands completely in comparison to the sainted Noel and his cronies is utterly ridiculous. If you're going to cast them off immediately (which you have done) then please provide some sound, constructive reasoning as to why you have done so instead of merely using emoticons or single word responses. Maybe then I'll take your views seriously.

2) I'm by no means a typical Blur fan. To me they're an OK band with some decent songs, in the same way I think Oasis are an OK band with some decent songs.

3) I don't need to disagree with you to be cool, I already am. :cool:

4) The difference between "your" and "you're". Learn it. :thumbup:

I agree with bits of it but totally disagree with the points.

People chomp away at Oasis and makes me laugh, when these people claim Blur are better. When it was all clear to everyone back in the 90's Oasis hit them for a golden duck.

Libertine i think you belong in the thread about the X-factor girl, this is a real musical debate :P

I'm happy to take part in an actual debate.

Just drives me mad when people (not just Ash) dismiss certain bands with such ease just because someone has insulted a band they like. Oasis too have been unfairly criticised, but Noel would probably give you a slap if you said that stuff about Johnny Marr et al to him. :D

I'm happy to take part in an actual debate.

Just drives me mad when people (not just Ash) dismiss certain bands with such ease just because someone has insulted a band they like. Oasis too have been unfairly criticised, but Noel would probably give you a slap if you said that stuff about Johnny Marr et al to him. :D

See i can agree with this, he makes the fair points and i did say some rubbish about Johnny Marr but i man enough to admit i made that mistake. People love to badmouth Oasis like the shandy pants in essex because its cool and the done thing round here.

See i can agree with this, he makes the fair points and i did say some rubbish about Johnny Marr but i man enough to admit i made that mistake. People love to badmouth Oasis like the shandy pants in essex because its cool and the done thing round here.

Where have I badmouthed Oasis?

I want quotes.

Liam should catch aids and die :thumbup:
I hate Oasis, just no. They will never be nothing speical and only chavs buy their music

Do i badmouthed Oasis Ash?

Yeah i do because their better then Blur and Muse and i can't take it. TPH is my hero !!

Archived