Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Big in 2009

ok which bands are currently knocking about that you think are going to make a BIG impact in 2009 first up....

continuing the Electo sound of 2008 like MGMT my first tip is Passion Pit

My next tip for commercial success is for the rock fans knocking about and they are a band called Middle Class Rut with Vocals sounding a bit like Perry Farrell I think these are destined for big things

http://www.myspace.com/middleclassrut

your tips?

MGMT are crap, probally another indie band who sound like the rest :rolleyes: Why can't we make good rock and roll band these days ? To be in a band these days = Tight jeans, checkered long sleeve shirt ( wear a tie or stupid thin scarf) checkered shoes :giggle: and a Indie haircut. Then just make crap riffs up and don't play chords and sing about something you don't know nothing about.

MGMT are crap, probally another indie band who sound like the rest :rolleyes: Why can't we make good rock and roll band these days ? To be in a band these days = Tight jeans, checkered long sleeve shirt ( wear a tie or stupid thin scarf) checkered shoes :giggle: and a Indie haircut. Then just make crap riffs up and don't play chords and sing about something you don't know nothing about.

That suggests you haven't even listens to any of their music??

I'd like to point out that I'm not a massive fan of MGMT either, I only have 1 of their songs.

I also completly disagree with your last sentence...most Indie bands tend to sing about relevant stuff (most not all) wheres old fashioned rock bands don't...and if they do it's lost on me.

MGMT are very different to alot of mainstream indie.

MGMT are a poor mans Flaming Lips for me, but some of it is ok I guess. Ash just take your dick out of Noel Gallaghers arse for a second, everything you say sounds like something he'd say, one day you'll realise the guy makes good tunes but he's such an ignorant tosser when it comes to music.

Big in 09? The Displacements :thumbup: Come on the lads!

Town hall Steps will make it big in Australia thats for sure. A band i don't like that think will become big is Short Stack another band for all the emo kids

Also a band i'm liking is Empire of the Sun the lead guys of two aussie bands breaking away and doing a side project got some good tunes sounds as if you stepped back in time a bit. Also i hope you guys get the privillage to have these guys visit you cos they got some good tunes The Temper Trap

All are worth stopping for five minutes to check them out

MGMT are crap, probally another indie band who sound like the rest :rolleyes: Why can't we make good rock and roll band these days ? To be in a band these days = Tight jeans, checkered long sleeve shirt ( wear a tie or stupid thin scarf) checkered shoes :giggle:and a Indie haircut. Then just make crap riffs up and don't play chords and sing about something you don't know nothing about.

Congratulations! You've just posted the worlds most ironic post ever!

sadly, my musical cynicism is so high these days, that i can't imagine any of the obscure bands i like becoming anything more than cult listening.

i have thin hopes that maybe Explorers Club could break, but probably not in the UK, and i can't imagine they will release anything new for a while.

Town hall Steps will make it big in Australia thats for sure.

Dear Mr Soccerroo Fox

Can you please please stop sending us these crap Pendulum style cheesefest drum N Bass dance rock crossover bands.

I would appreciate your urgent attention into resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Kindest regards

Mr Jay

Dear Mr Soccerroo Fox

Can you please please stop sending us these crap Pendulum style cheesefest drum N Bass dance rock crossover bands.

I would appreciate your urgent attention into resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Kindest regards

Mr Jay

A simple i don't like em would be of been sufficent :P

Either way i like em sound a bit like Millencolin i'm sure the younger folk will like em

I'm sure you liked the other 2 tho

• 3 weeks later...

Archived