Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Big in 2009

The Boxer Rebellion

I'd forgotten that album is out today - thanks for reminding me, in a roundabout sort of way. Only £4.74 on Itunes. Their last one from years ago, was incredible, and very underrated in my opinion.

Kid Cudi and Kid British are big shouts for tiny people.

Little Boots is gonna be MASSIVE this year. You heard it here first. Possibly.

Esser deserves to be gargantuan but probably won't be cos hes far to obtuse for everyone. Florence and the Machine - ditto. Friendly Fires could continue there kind of break last year or Twang into non existence. Thomas Tantrum have a chance, as do Buraka Som Sistema aided by MIA but i doubt either of these will. White Lies are on there way as well.

My sly tippage though is La Roux. She is teh sex.

And Radio 1 are loving The Big Pink at the moment so i suppose they might do well. However they are shit.

Lastly, i think i like that Lady Gaga. She's poontastic.

• 1 month later...
Town hall Steps will make it big in Australia thats for sure. A band i don't like that think will become big is Short Stack another band for all the emo kids

Also a band i'm liking is Empire of the Sun the lead guys of two aussie bands breaking away and doing a side project got some good tunes sounds as if you stepped back in time a bit. Also i hope you guys get the privillage to have these guys visit you cos they got some good tunes The Temper Trap

All are worth stopping for five minutes to check them out

Short Stack and Empire of the sun are killing it over here at the moment.

Can I ask something?

Is this thread about bands which will play good music in 2009 or about bands which will hit the big time, be popular?

I only ask cos these two things are often mutally exclusive.

On the GOOD music front - and not believing in anyway that these will be commercially successful in 2009 or ever - I'm really liking School of Seven Bells' Alpinism's album.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived