Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Went to see Ray Gun, Peter, Bjorn and John and Newton Faulkner last night, was rather good actually.

Also booked my tickets to go and see All American Rejects for October, it was a hard decision to choose them over Funeral For A Friend :(

NIN/JA last night.

Completely missed Mew. Only caught the last 4 or so songs by Jane's Addiction, but were awesome. Then Nine Inch Nails was "immense".

March of the Pigs and Head Like a Hole were personal highlights. Was crazeh.

Awesome, I'm just off to the 02. Will be dead by tomorrow though, had such a busy and sleepless week so far  :P

Just got back, had to leave NIN mid set because one of the people I went with started being violently sick so we decided it was best to take him home. Fantastic up until the moment I left. The crowd were a bit quiet which was odd, I guess it was because it is one of the last chances to see the NIN for most of them. Is it bad that I'm looking at the dates in the US longingly while thinking about my finances?

Booked tickets for the Porcupine Tree show at the Hammersmith Apollo in October :) should be a nice little trip! Hopefully City will play away to a London team the day before or after :whistle:

Going to their gigs in Brussels and Copenhagen too now, later the same week. Fan boy stylee :cool:

Didn't even know Porcupine Tree had a gig!! I am on the mailing list too! :rolleyes:

They are my favourite band of all time! Hope I can get tickets still!!!!

I am going to see Elbow at the Brighton Dome on February 28th.

They've announced several more tour dates in the UK if you didn't notice btw.

Edited by shen

I leave for Germany tomorrow, so excited

a friend of mine is going to 'a metal festival' in germany in a couple of days, probably the same thing...

i keep meaning to pick up some tickets for camera obscura...

also considering: sondre lerche, nouvelle vague, a-ha, andrew bird - and mainly thinking about øyafestival...just a few bands playing

a friend of mine is going to 'a metal festival' in germany in a couple of days, probably the same thing...

i keep meaning to pick up some tickets for camera obscura...

also considering: sondre lerche, nouvelle vague, a-ha, andrew bird - and mainly thinking about øyafestival...just a few bands playing

Impressive line up at the Øyafestival... Band of Horses, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Blitzen Trapper, Wilco and......... Guess its quite expensive to get a ticket for the whole festival?

You should check Andrew Bird out if you have the chance, he is really something different, Jimi Hendrix of the violin.

I have this mini festival in Copenhagen to look forward to: http://www.beatday.dk/

Impressive line up at the Øyafestival... Band of Horses, Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Blitzen Trapper, Wilco and......... Guess its quite expensive to get a ticket for the whole festival?

You should check Andrew Bird out if you have the chance, he is really something different, Jimi Hendrix of the violin.

I have this mini festival in Copenhagen to look forward to: http://www.beatday.dk/

looks like a mini øya!

if i remember right i'm still sour that it was great the other year and you forgot to mention it :whistle:

i think øya is about £180, but i'm guessing that gets you into all the venues and all the spin off gigs too,

as it goes, it is sold out except for friday day tickets, so if i'm going to attend i'm going to have to make a few cheeky phone calls... :scarf:

looks like a mini øya!

if i remember right i'm still sour that it was great the other year and you forgot to mention it :whistle:

i think øya is about £180, but i'm guessing that gets you into all the venues and all the spin off gigs too,

as it goes, it is sold out except for friday day tickets, so if i'm going to attend i'm going to have to make a few cheeky phone calls... :scarf:

It is like a mini Øya. And yes, it was quite good last year with Sigur Ros and Fleet Foxes the highlights, and I believe I have already made you an official apology for not mentioning it.... But I think it was a mini Øya last year too, so don't put all the blame on me.... ;)

180£ is nearly Roskilde festival price, so quite expensive, but still, you get a lot of great music and artists for that price. Beatday cost me about 80£ for the two days, but there is only 17 bands, so thats quite steep too. Bloody Scandinavia, its too damn expensive to hear some good live music.

So how does the Øya work, is it all over different venues in Oslo or what?

It is like a mini Øya. And yes, it was quite good last year with Sigur Ros and Fleet Foxes the highlights, and I believe I have already made you an official apology for not mentioning it.... But I think it was a mini Øya last year too, so don't put all the blame on me.... ;)

180£ is nearly Roskilde festival price, so quite expensive, but still, you get a lot of great music and artists for that price. Beatday cost me about 80£ for the two days, but there is only 17 bands, so thats quite steep too. Bloody Scandinavia, its too damn expensive to hear some good live music.

So how does the Øya work, is it all over different venues in Oslo or what?

well, it used to be on one of the islands (obviously) in the oslofjord but now it's just in a park which is kinda crap, which i believe is where the main bands play (i'm guessing during the afternoon), and then you also have øyanatt which is scattered around the numerous venues in town... according to the website "De fleste arrangementene under Øyanatt vil selge billetter i døra" - which i think is the approach i'll probably take to see andrew bird (though it's 225NOK on the door) and the Lionheart brothers....

and then you have Camp Indie for 'grasrota' bands....

so, expensive yes, but a hell of a lot for your money....