Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Already seen Jimmy Carr and Tim Minchin at De mont this year, as well as Neon Sarcastic and Capture The Flag and guests at The Charlotte. As for the rest of the year:-

Kasabian at De Mont (The Sunday one)

Tim Minchin at Bristol (October)

Glastonbudget (May 21st, 22nd, 23rd - I think)

Possiblly a You Me At Six gig somewhere, too.

I went to see Joe Bonamassa tonight at the Royal Albert Hall, he was absolutely amazing. I thought it was brilliant... and then Eric Clapton walked onto the stage and performed, it was fantastic, a once in a lifetime type thing. Especially when I ran into him outside when I went past the tour bus.

Brilliant night out.

Last friday I saw Tyr and Alestorm who were both extremely fun bands. Pirate and Viking metal, very interesting and enjoyable, would thoroughly recommend going to see them if you are into hard rock or niche metal

great band, great venue - hope it rains :P

You beast.

Been there twice before. Once to see Belle and Sebastian, evening slightly ruined by a mate getting carried away on the two pint pots of lager. Once to see SFA, atmosphere slightly odd as it was the day after the 7/7 attacks.

Great venue though, agreed

You beast.

Been there twice before. Once to see Belle and Sebastian, evening slightly ruined by a mate getting carried away on the two pint pots of lager. Once to see SFA, atmosphere slightly odd as it was the day after the 7/7 attacks.

Great venue though, agreed

:o - i was living in dalston then, how did i miss this? - amateur :nono:

I went to see Joe Bonamassa tonight at the Royal Albert Hall, he was absolutely amazing. I thought it was brilliant... and then Eric Clapton walked onto the stage and performed, it was fantastic, a once in a lifetime type thing. Especially when I ran into him outside when I went past the tour bus.

Brilliant night out.

Last friday I saw Tyr and Alestorm who were both extremely fun bands. Pirate and Viking metal, very interesting and enjoyable, would thoroughly recommend going to see them if you are into hard rock or niche metal

Glad you liked Eric. Hes a real nice guy too. I drummed for him for six years, and he is so down to earth. Great to see him marching on, but not surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the Slackers the other night, great live band and they played until about 1am. I think that was their last UK date, but if they come to your town in the future I'd recommend them highly.

:o:mellow:>_<:sick:

If that's their best... dear God...

:@

From their wiki:

Metal Edge Magazine has called brokeNCYDE "fooking horrendous." British commentator Warren Ellis calls brokeNCYDE's "Freaxxx" music video "a near-perfect snapshot of everything that’s shit about this point in the culture." Says August Brown of the Los Angeles Times, "The 'Albucrazy'-based band has done for MySpace emo what some think Soulja Boy did for hip-hop: turn their career into a kind of macro-performance art that exists so far beyond the tropes of irony and sincerity that to ask 'are they kidding?' is like trying to peel an onion to get to a perceived central core that, in the end, does not exist and renders all attempts to reassemble the pieces futile.