Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

well, it used to be on one of the islands (obviously) in the oslofjord but now it's just in a park which is kinda crap, which i believe is where the main bands play (i'm guessing during the afternoon), and then you also have øyanatt which is scattered around the numerous venues in town... according to the website "De fleste arrangementene under Øyanatt vil selge billetter i døra" - which i think is the approach i'll probably take to see andrew bird (though it's 225NOK on the door) and the Lionheart brothers....

and then you have Camp Indie for 'grasrota' bands....

so, expensive yes, but a hell of a lot for your money....

You have Blitzen Trapper just before Andrew Bird as I read it, so thats a pretty good deal altogether.

I really like Øya's lineup though, it fits my taste a lot better than the Roskilde lineup did. Bet it makes Oslo buzzing for a few days.

Got back yesterday, it was absolutely amazing from start to finish, although I got ferociously drunk on the first night and regretted it the next day. However, when the bands started this is what I thought:

Thursday

Napoleon Skullfuk - went to see them because of their name, they didn't play but some group of 12 year olds did, amusing.

Lacuna Coil - Good

Heaven and Hell - Amazing, got Toni Iommi's pick

Friday:

Napalm Death - Good performance, mega amounts of songs, we were taken aback to seem them playing on Friday as they were scheduled to play the next day

Walls Of Jericho - Alright, was quite impressed by them but the mix seemed very bass heavy

Nevermore - Amazing

Dragonforce - Only went to see them because we bumped into Herman Lee before Walls Of Jericho and he seemed pretty sound, left soon after though :P

Bullet For My Valentine - Didn't fancy going to Coheed and Cambria and know a fair few Bullet fans so went to piss them off, was quite impressed, decent performance from them.

Motorhead - Legends, the strippers did not strip though

In Flames - Simply brilliant, was near the front and yelling along all the way through. The best show I have ever seen in my opinion. If you can go and see them at a large venue or festival go because it will be worth it.

Saturday -

Einherjer - heard them from the beer garden, was so - so

Testament - Would of enjoyed more if I had braved drinking that day.

Enslaved - Absolutely brilliant, I love the progressive scene guys are like Opeth but heavier in places and more black metal in places.

Turisas - Maybe it was where I stood in the crowd as there were a few issues with the mix for a few acts but I just didn' feel it at all, the crowd for it was amazing but the stage sound where I was stood wasn't the best

Korpiklaani - 'Happy little happy little happy little boozer'

Subway to Sally - Very good end to the music

Summary, don't drink as much as I did as soon as you arrive and then be massively sick for the following day and cautious of alcohol for the rest of the festival. Some great people and some solid live acts there. Special mention to J.B.O as the biggest letdown ever, I wanted someone decent as a replacement for anthrax, not a load of crap with a weak sound.

You have Blitzen Trapper just before Andrew Bird as I read it, so thats a pretty good deal altogether.

I really like Øya's lineup though, it fits my taste a lot better than the Roskilde lineup did. Bet it makes Oslo buzzing for a few days.

still haven't booked any tickets, think i might just prioritise some other gigs, but yeah it's usually pretty good in oslo during

- can't remember what the previous ones were like, but i'll let you know when they start advertising it next year.... :D

I urge all of you that are in the Leicester area to go and see Adelaide and Eat Sleep Attack! on Sep 9th @ The Shed. I know some of the people in Adelaide and they are pretty damn amazingly good, so go see them!

I urge all of you that are in the Leicester area to go and see Adelaide and Eat Sleep Attack! on Sep 9th @ The Shed. I know some of the people in Adelaide and they are pretty damn amazingly good, so go see them!

So basically, don't go.

Flying to the UK sunday, driving to manchester to see Pearl Jam, driving down to heathrow the same night to fly back to the USA Tuesday. Didnt plan it that way originally but plans change. Looking forward to it though.

Well that was a crazy couple of days just about recovered, great gig setlist was so so although most PJ fans seem to think it was a great list of songs, they played the o2 aswell with IMO a much better setlist but of course I chose Manchester instead but I did have a great view and I wouldnt of at the o2.

Great venue the MEN albeit very hot, other things of note was piccadilly wasn't the nicest of places, I'm not tall but there seemed to be a awful lot of little people in manchester, I'm always surprised how quiet cities are at night in england, feeling a little down I always do after gigs I think its all the anticipation and then all of a sudden its all over.

And so it goes.....

• 2 weeks later...

Jacks Mannequin on Friday in Birmingham.

Cannot wait, love Something Corporate and Andrew McMahon is a hero of mine. Not heard much of the newest album and i'm not into emo anymore but i had to go as me and my mate have been talking about seeing SoCo live for years but they never made it to England before the hiatus and it's looking evermore unlikely they'll reform.