Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Going to a charity concert next w/e these are the bands playing.

Augie March, Bliss N Esowith Paris Wells, Gabriella Cilmi, Hunters & Collectors, Jack Johnson Jet Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson w/ Troy Cassar-Daley, Kings Of Leon, Liam Finn, Midnight Oil, Paul Kelly, Split Enz, Wolfmother and Kylie is meant to be surprise act.

Not really a surprise for you now then is it :P.

• 4 weeks later...

i cant wait for the next few months

kicked off with Pete Doherty a couple of weeks ago now waiting for

Prodigy-nottingham- april

Morrissey-Yarmouth- may

Kasabian-de mont- may

the horrors- Birm- june

Glastonbury- june

Oasis-wembley-july

waiting on Artic Monkeys tour details now

I went to watch Lemar last night :D He was really good!!

He was supported by JLS and they were really good too :)

And he was supported by some other band that I've never heard of (They're called The Score) but they were really good and I got all of their autographs and a free CD :laugh:

Saw The Gaslight Anthem a few weeks ago and was left slightly dissapointed, but Frank Turner as support was a pleasant surprise.

Got Glasvegas on thursday and Fever Ray (one part of The Knife goin solo) at the end of the month. Also got tickets for Beatday 09, a small festival in Copenhagen with Band of Horses and Arctic Monkeys headlining: http://www.beatday.dk/

Glasvegas was alright, but nothing spectacular and the sound was awful for the first track, which of course was Geraldine. Go Square Go with everbody singing along was the highlight.

Fever Ray was amazing! Very visual with lots of laser and very strange outfits, and Karin didn't speak to the audience once. Catch her if she plays near you, its an unique experience.

Have a Grand Archives and a Andrew Bird/Laura Marling gig coming up over the next month, so that should be interesting. Still pondering whether TV on the Radio and Kings of Leon, who are both playing in Copenhagen this summer, are worth their very steep ticket prizes.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Papa Roach and Filter in Birmingham on promotion night :scarf:

Actually, it was more to see Filter as I saw PR in about '99. Filter always seem to do crappy one-off gigs around London so it was a good chance to see them closer to home for once. Pretty good night. Sound wasn't up to scratch, but beer was only £1.60/pint all night!!! Happy days.

Booked tickets for the Porcupine Tree show at the Hammersmith Apollo in October :) should be a nice little trip! Hopefully City will play away to a London team the day before or after :whistle:

AND going to their gig in Copenhagen :cool: later that month...