Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Yes very good. But Traceyanne is tiny so didnt see alot of her.

1st time at the Musician, Was very impressed. Nice(ish) selection of drinks. But don't try the spice beer :sick: could still taste it the next day.

Going to see Ian Mcnabb there next month :thumbup:

cheers,

only been tto the musician once, to see kathryn williams....very good.

this is where we're seeing them

Massive Attack tomorrow at the De Mont

AND ME!! :thumbup:

Although read a review of the Brixton show and it said it was rubbish!!

still looking forward to it though especially with the legendary Horace Andy

Wiley tonight. Vengaboys Friday.

Kid British 18th Oct

Maccabees 12th Oct

N-Dubz 21st Oct

Lethal Bizzle 11th Nov

We Were Promised Jetpacks 24th Nov

Doves 9th Oct

Debating Chase and Status 19th Oct and FFAF 15th Oct thinking it might be a bit excessive.

Smuts were are kid british playing on the 18th? Thats my birthday.

Did you know Martina Topley-Bird is supporting? Thats who I want to see.

Dont know if you have seen them before. They are not the most exciting band to see. Last time I saw them Daddy G was stood next to me at the back for two of their songs! WTF! Horace was singing at the time.

The wife likes them and I suppose I will get to hear the new stuff eventhough the new ep is poor.

Did you know Martina Topley-Bird is supporting? Thats who I want to see.

Dont know if you have seen them before. They are not the most exciting band to see. Last time I saw them Daddy G was stood next to me at the back for two of their songs! WTF! Horace was singing at the time.

The wife likes them and I suppose I will get to hear the new stuff eventhough the new ep is poor.

Yeah she's the one who sang on maxinquaye with Tricky isn't she? she does sings during massive attacks set as well I believe

:yawn:

i really like ash, but the wedding present did pretty much the same thing years ago, with so much downloading these days, its no more than a staggered release of an album...

....caamera obscura on friday, anyone going/gone to the musician gig they did? any good?

26 songs would be a pretty big album. and I'm loving the idea of a new track every fortnight. keepin things real fresh.

Massive Attack tomorrow at the De Mont

Jealous. :angry:

What was it like? Martina T-B any good?

Jealous. :angry:

What was it like? Martina T-B any good?

The first half of Massive Attacks set was pretty hmmmm few to many new songs to start with but the second half was blinding especially the stuff from Mezzanine Teardrop (with Martina) Angel with the brilliant Horace Andy, Inertia creeps, rising sun and so on

some videos from the Manchester gig earlier in the week

couple more videos here

Martina was errr different :D she sang Teardrop and did some other stuff with MA her own set was entertaining but she was having to multi layer her own vocals on a loop station during the set and drummer was playing guitar, digeridoo, bongos, weird computer thing and god knows what else I sense and awful lot of production is involved in her music and it must be difficult to transfer it a liver performance. I did enjoy it though

I know can go to gigs in Brum, cos I was round my mates house for Uni tonight and one of her housemates is from Leicester and told me I could crash round his house whenever I do a gig in Brum

The first half of Massive Attacks set was pretty hmmmm few to many new songs to start with but the second half was blinding especially the stuff from Mezzanine Teardrop (with Martina) Angel with the brilliant Horace Andy, Inertia creeps, rising sun and so on

some videos from the Manchester gig earlier in the week

couple more videos here

Martina was errr different :D she sang Teardrop and did some other stuff with MA her own set was entertaining but she was having to multi layer her own vocals on a loop station during the set and drummer was playing guitar, digeridoo, bongos, weird computer thing and god knows what else I sense and awful lot of production is involved in her music and it must be difficult to transfer it a liver performance. I did enjoy it though

Saw 'em in Swindon last night and it was absolutely incredible.

Probably helped that Martina Topley-Bird had roped in a full band (including a double-bassist/beatboxer, which was a little surreal but brilliant) rather than it just being two people, for her set - it was rather great too.

Edited by act smiley

Were awesome other than Terry Hall spouting off about Leeds scum and praising Galatasaray

You can take the boy out of Cov, but you can't take the Cov out of the boy....

Especially where cricket is concerned. :angry:

here is phone pic from the camera obscura gig... absolutely wonderful venue, a nice incline right to the stage...

400 capacity, sold out, great stuff

DSC00160.jpg

Edited by Vålerenga