Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Saw Frank Turner last night, he played a show to help out the White Rabbit in Plymouth because they had financial problems. He was absolutely awesome, and carried on till past midnight, doing stuff with other bands on the bill and everything. Loved it.

FT is an absolute legend and does things that so many other musicians would never dream of he's just done a few gigs up north for free, with entry by donation to charity the bloke is just unreal and some of his lyrics are simply brilliant.

One of my favourite musicians over the past few years and in an industry filled with egotistical money grabbing bastards a geniune and honest bloke

Agreed, he played a lot from his new album, as well as a lot of older stuff, the acapella version of a centuries old Hampshire folk song was great. The place was rammed. When he played The Ballad Of Me And My Friends he didn't even sing, he said he'd come down the front of the crowd and sit on the barrier and play and everyone just belted out every word. So many people were in tears when he played Long Live The Queen.

going to see underoath on wednesday at a place called Leadmill.

Don't like the latest album much so won't enjoy all of the set but the older stuff will be quality. Proper intense gig with it being pretty heavy stuff.

Just found out taking back sunday are playing rock city in may so gonna try get a ticket with that. gonna struggle finding anyone to go with though I rekon.

Really?

I saw them in 2006 headlining Taste of Chaos and they were decent.

Not listened to them much over the past few years but I downloaded New Again, started getting back into them and realised just how good some of the old stuff is.

Don't imagine tickets will be that much so I'll probably go.

• 4 weeks later...

Missed out on Kasabian tickets this morning, but at £35 a pop, not too fussed. Wouldn't be able top the time I saw them at De Montfot hall just before the last album came out anyway

I'll never forgive myself for missing that. Here's hoping that alleged Victoria Park gig materialises, that'd be incredible.

He's ****ing quality live. Probably going to see him again in June/July.

yeah it was an awesome gig!! no band just frank and almost everyone singing along to every single word, ballard of me and my friends at the end was as epic as it can get