Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

U2 last night, they were fugging brilliant. 60000 people start singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from the first verse to the second chorus, making Bono stop and just watch and listen, amazing. He sung the first half line and gave up.

Jay-Z was average.

U2 last night, they were fugging brilliant. 60000 people start singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" from the first verse to the second chorus, making Bono stop and just watch and listen, amazing. He sung the first half line and gave up.

Jay-Z was average.

Saw them on the Zooropa Tour at Roundhay Park,wasn't a big fan before i saw them but thought they were friggin amazing !

You'll be dad of the year for that! Great stuff. Going O2 aswell :)

Tickets came today ! Thats the earliest i have ever had any sent to e for a gig that is still over 6 months away,at least i can put them in the birthday card in a couple of weeks :scarf:

Next gig I've lined up is foo fighters 2nd July at mk

Bowl, never been there before any reviews?

Also how did u get on stage with 30STM man?looked awesome!

You'll love MK Bowl. Massive place and if you get anywhere near the front (and hopefully it's a sunny day/evening) turn around and take a few snaps. You'll get the sunset and people sitting/standing/jumping on the hill all around. Great place for a gig of Foo Fighters stature!

It was awesome :D. I don't know any other band that asks their fans to come up on stage for their last song, and because we were at the front right on the barriers, it was easy to climb the barriers (with a little help from the steward in front of us who we had befriended at the start of the gig ;) ). Such a great way to end the perfect night :blush:. Makes up for missing out on the chance to go on stage in February.

Just got a couple for Interpol / Surfer Blood at Rock City on the 24th of this month instead, looking forward to that.

Any reports on this folk?

Went to see The Drums, Sunday at Rock City...I felt old in a crowd heavily populated by teenagers.

Either way, pretty good. Give them another year, they will have a very tight set.

The Walkmen are quality, The Rat is a beast of a track.

Latest album is good too...if slightly slowly than The Rat for example.

yeah he was wandering around climbing up speakers all over the place in Lincoln as well!

outdid my expectations to be honest everyone was bouncing around, you just couldn't help it

Foals I personally believe will become a firmly established band in the UK scene for a few years to come.

I know what you mean, just reckon they'll stick around for a while and make a name which will see their records bought for sometime.

I'd like to think they will. They're certainly no one-trick ponies - there aren't too many bands out there now who are as innovative as Foals, They've got some life in them yet...

In other news myself and Tilley will be going to see Frank Turner at the o2 on Friday. Not been there for a gig yet, looking forward to it.

Saw Disturbed, Papa Roach, Buckcherry and Halestorm last night at Trent FM Arena in Nottingham.

Awesome gig and have to say Papa Roach were the best band on the night.

Did get to meet Halestorm after and get autographs and photos with them too so that was cool.

Just getting my 2011 schedule sorted:

The Walkmen (Birmingham), January

I Like Trains (Nottingham), February

Mogwai / The Twilight Sad (Birmingham), February

Bright Eyes (London), June

End of the Road Festival (Dorset), September

Hopefully one or two more.

Also, Henning Wehn at Leicester Comedy Festival (February 19th).