Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Bad Fox

Ashley Chambers

Very positive when he came on. Forced their keeper into the save of the night, and created our best two other chances (Oakley's appalling miss and the goal), with crosses from either flank, first one left footed, second one right footed. Very pacey, makes some intelligent runs and manages to stay onside. There's no better time now to have him on the bench, although i don't think he's ready to start just yet, he'd definitely cause more trouble as an impact sub than Dickov does/would.

In his 20 odd minutes last night he did more than Dickov did whilst he was on the pitch.

Very positive when he came on. Forced their keeper into the save of the night, and created our best two other chances (Oakley's appalling miss and the goal), with crosses from either flank, first one left footed, second one right footed. Very pacey, makes some intelligent runs and manages to stay onside. There's no better time now to have him on the bench, although i don't think he's ready to start just yet, he'd definitely cause more trouble as an impact sub than Dickov does/would.

In his 20 odd minutes last night he did more than Dickov did whilst he was on the pitch.

True story. I didn't manage to see any of the pre-season before he injured himself but going on last night he looks like he could do well for us.

It's all been said before about Chambers.

He's quick, takes people on, has an eye for goal and can make a pass.

Indeed, he shown most everything you need to be a useful footballer apart from durability.

Coming on for 20 minute cameos with damn all to lose is one thing but stringing together a series of solid performances is quite something else.

We all live in hope, of course, but I'll be convinced when I see it happen.

As ever, Thracian is there to put down someone other than Sheehan, Porter, King or Beswick after a promising display.

Who's putting him down? It's perfectly obvious that he played well. I've seen him play stacks of times and when he's fully fit he's a smashing player.

But in the last four years I can hardly remember him stringing a run of six games together in succession much less a run of consistently good form. He's had two serious, long-term injuries. So why would I get my hopes up beyond being pleased that he's made a start?

from what I saw from the highlights.. he was really good..

can anyone who went to the game talk about how he played..

surely he would be a better option as a sub than dickov..

thoughts please..

Hi Ashley

I thought you did well, stay fit and you will definitely be our no.3 striker soon.

Who's putting him down? It's perfectly obvious that he played well. I've seen him play stacks of times and when he's fully fit he's a smashing player.

But in the last four years I can hardly remember him stringing a run of six games together in succession much less a run of consistently good form. So why would I get my hopes up beyond being pleased that he's made a start?

Not like you at all.

But in the last four years I can hardly remember him stringing a run of six games together in succession much less a run of consistently good form. He's had two serious, long-term injuries. So why would I get my hopes up beyond being pleased that he's made a start?

To be fair there isn't an awful lot of incentive to go hell for leather for every reserve match (especially when you've had injury trouble), I reckon we'd gauge a better idea of him as a player if he played more competitive football.

Course he is, he didn't see this one first, or keep banging on about him while he was injured.

You should perhaps go back two seasons or more and not just once but on various occasions in the FA Youth Cup when he returned after a knee injury, Reserves matches, a friendly against Quorn and so on.... :D

You should perhaps go back two seasons or more and not just once but on various occasions in the FA Youth Cup when he returned after a knee injury, Reserves matches, a friendly against Quorn and so on.... :D

He was in the first team 3-4 seasons back now wasn't he?

Also, on a serious note, cos you'll know and I didn't hear - was Porter on the bench again last night? Thought I saw him warming up at half time.

He was in the first team 3-4 seasons back now wasn't he?

Also, on a serious note, cos you'll know and I didn't hear - was Porter on the bench again last night? Thought I saw him warming up at half time.

I did say two seasons "or more". Time tends to strtetch where Chambers is concerned because those injuries lasted for months.

Porter was on the bench last night and, as I mentioned to Daggers, that didn't guarantee him a game, of course.

The highlights showed that he could centre with both feet from the left and right, his accuracy seemed good. The real test is the pace he used. He may need time to settle in but this division is where he may take his chance. Dickov is no longer good enough and it is all about giving a talented youngster the spot. Perhaps Crystal Palace was not the game nor the conditions as he is still returning from injury but I would expect to see him instead of Dickov.

He wanted the ball, gave us a bit of pace that we needed and had enough composure to cross the ball when someone was in a better position than him.

All in all I was impressed. I'd rather see him attacking tired defenders than Dickov. Given that we let DJ go I assume NP has some faith in his abilities (or 0 in DJ's).

Maxi was a handful too - I'd like to see him start and give Dyer a bit of a rest against Yeovil.

Gosh it's a young player love in right here, do be careful though I once got so over excited about Stearman that I called him premiership class.

Typical Knee Jerk reaction.

Hes played had a good 20 minutes or so but other players have had great performances.

Zsolt had a good game.

Cort had a good game.

Bori had a good game.

Doesn't mean we need to just throw him in the team now.

Id put him on the bench and throw him on for last 20 minutes if needed.

Stick with the Dickov, Howard if Fryatts still out, give them time to gel.

Theres no need to panic with the Dickov situation just yet, Yeovil won't be able to hurt us, NP should take his time, stick with the same team that played in the cup apart from the obvious changes (Davies in, Tunch out, Fryatt in Possibly, Gilbert in, Dyer in possibly) but stick with the Big Dickov combo.

Theres no need to panic just yet, we will probably still win the game.

Hes played had a good 20 minutes or so but other players have had great performances.

Zsolt had a good game.

Cort had a good game.

Bori had a good game.

Theres no need to panic with the Dickov situation just yet, Yeovil won't be able to hurt us, NP should take his time, stick with the same team that played in the cup apart from the obvious changes (Davies in, Tunch out, Fryatt in Possibly, Gilbert in, Dyer in possibly) but stick with the Big Dickov combo.

Well if it's going to be so easy to beat Yeovil we may as well 'panic' and put Chambers in instead of Dickov - at least there's a chance that Chamber's has a future at Leicester, Dickov's days, apart from the odd one are surely numbered and definitely not Championship standard anymore.

Well if it's going to be so easy to beat Yeovil we may as well 'panic' and put Chambers in instead of Dickov - at least there's a chance that Chamber's has a future at Leicester, Dickov's days, apart from the odd one are surely numbered and definitely not Championship standard anymore.

Excellent point hadn't thought of that :P

Just don't want Chambers rushed in the team when he isn't ready

Also dont want him to come in the team and play too well or other clubs may end up interested in him.

Just lock him up at Belvoir Drive for now, where hes safe :P

Yeovil won't be able to hurt us? There's confidence but that's just arrogance, and one day it will bite back hard and hit you.

Yeovil won't be able to hurt us? There's confidence but that's just arrogance, and one day it will bite back hard and hit you.

I never said Yeovil were shit lol

I just said they wont be able to hurt us, they have no quality, dangerous, flair, surprising, classy players to hurt us.

Its like when u play a tennis match, sometimes you play oppenents who wont be able to 'hurt' you.

So just hang on in there and you should end up winning, their not going to be able to blast winners past you.

And for the record i have never lost to a player with a similar ability to Yeovil football team in tennis terms :P

I never said Yeovil were shit.

Zsolt had a good game.

Cort had a good game.

Bori had a good game.

Do agree with you about not getting too excited about Ashley Chambers he came on when the game was over and ran around a lot...it is a knee jerk reaction by a lot of people saying throw him in the team

i hate the arrogance though we are not promoted yet I really hate all this talk of record points etc theres a lot of football to play plenty of teams have slipped from the top in the past Yeovil should be taken as seriously as every other team

Archived