Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Southern Fox

Matty Fryatt

Fryatt isn't trying hard? lol

You think because he hasn't scored in a while he's simply not trying. Good one maddog, your epic knowledge of the football world inspires me greatly.

I still think it's ok to comment on his recent performances though, they've certainly not been upto the standard they were before Christmas.

Bollocks to anyone who says he's scored 20 odd goals he's doing great. Yes, I realise he is. But if he's not scoring we have a problem and discussing it is generally what happens here.

Hopefully he'll bag again soon and it'll all be bliss, but the worry might be the amount of backup if Howard or Matty get injured. 'Cos Dickov ain't up to it, perhaps Chambers but he never seems to stick around for long.

I still think it's ok to comment on his recent performances though, they've certainly not been upto the standard they were before Christmas.

Bollocks to anyone who says he's scored 20 odd goals he's doing great. Yes, I realise he is. But if he's not scoring we have a problem and discussing it is generally what happens here.

Hopefully he'll bag again soon and it'll all be bliss, but the worry might be the amount of backup if Howard or Matty get injured. 'Cos Dickov ain't up to it, perhaps Chambers but he never seems to stick around for long.

He has been injured though, and from what I saw against Yeovil he got around the park a lot before he went off. He missed a couple of chances but at least he's still getting them and creating them. I'm not worried.

I am worried about the back-up for him, like you say it's weak, if that.

His effort was appauling. I watched him several times not chase the channels or wander back to the half way line instead of tracking back.
I only watched the game on tele
:thumbup:

Cameras follow the ball not the player.

But if he's not scoring we have a problem

Well, as davieG so rightly pointed out, that simply isn't true at the moment:

Leeds - Oakley

Hereford - Howard, King

Orient - Oakley, Davies, Dickov

Yeovil - Howard, Mattock

Leicester fans are extraordinary sometimes. It was just the same when Porter returned after almost a season out. They expected the guy to be first team match sharp when there was no chance. And then declared that he wasn't good enough which is utter bullshit.

Now it's Fryatt after a troublesome injury who suddenly, after a bagful of goals, is suddenly no good.

I've criticised Fryatt in the past but that's when he's strung together a long series of misfiring matches and when he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

Pearson, however, has limited options and Fryatt was inevitably going to be short of sharpness on a wet and heavy pitch especially given the fact that we don't have a proper reserve team this year.

What does Pearson do? Play Dickov who's not looked any good anyway. Or go with known-to-be-injury-prone Chambers who's not had a first team start all season on that heavy pitch and in an away game. The options weren't attactive. If Fryatt wasn't fit my alternative would have been 4-5-1 with Gradel and that's what he did in the end but without Gradel.

Result? We win and Fryatt gets valuable match time. Can't see a problem. As previously mentioned, Fryatt, in this season's form, has to be marked and that can mean space for others. I'm with the manager on this one and for the time being.

As for anyone's suggestions that Fryatt wasn't trying now he's signed his new contract, what utter crap. With incentives like promotion, finishing top scorer in the League and potentially amassing say, 40 goals for the season, why would he not try?

Leicester fans are extraordinary sometimes. It was just the same when Porter returned after almost a season out. They expected the guy to be first team match sharp when there was no chance. And then declared that he wasn't good enough which is utter bullshit.

Now it's Fryatt after a troublesome injury who suddenly, after a bagful of goals, is suddenly no good.

I've criticised Fryatt in the past but that's when he's strung together a long series of misfiring matches and when he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

Pearson, however, has limited options and Fryatt was inevitably going to be short of sharpness on a wet and heavy pitch especially given the fact that we don't have a proper reserve team this year.

What does Pearson do? Play Dickov who's not looked any good anyway. Or go with known-to-be-injury-prone Chambers who's not had a first team start all season on that heavy pitch and in an away game. The options weren't attactive. If Fryatt wasn't fit my alternative would have been 4-5-1 with Gradel and that's what he did in the end but without Gradel.

Result? We win and Fryatt gets valuable match time. Can't see a problem. As previously mentioned, Fryatt, in this season's form, has to be marked and that can mean space for others. I'm with the manager on this one and for the time being.

Is unbelievable but some people will always have something to moan about.

Was Gradel injured? Was surprised he wernt on the bench.

Having been to almost all of the home games this season it's fairly evident that a lot of teams didnt see Fryatt as a threat at the start of the season due to his poor performace last season, most of the recent matches he's simply just been marked out of the game because of his current form. Teams are using at least two of their defence soley to stop Fryatt getting runs into the box.

People need to stop criticizing him, he's done a hell of a lot for the club this season.

Having been to almost all of the home games this season it's fairly evident that a lot of teams didnt see Fryatt as a threat at the start of the season due to his poor performace last season, most of the recent matches he's simply just been marked out of the game because of his current form. Teams are using at least two of their defence soley to stop Fryatt getting runs into the box.

People need to stop criticizing him, he's done a hell of a lot for the club this season.

Welcome Matty! :thumbup::P:ph34r:

Give the guy a break jesus christ. hes joint top scorer in England and some people still aren't happy with it :frusty: ...I agree he hasn't been banging in the goals lately but every striker has a sticky patch...its only a matter of time till he starts scoring again.

Apart from his lack of fitness you need to also take into account that we're now starting to play teams a second time and they are aware of his potential and will be taking greater effort to stop him.

He was also denied a great goal by a great save in that game, I'm sure if it had gone in this discussion wouldn't be happening

I'm sure history would show this to be a regular occurrence.

On the plus side the extra careful marking of Fryatt frees up the chance for other players so it's no coincidence they are starting to score:

Leeds - Oakley

Hereford - Howard, King

Orient - Oakley, Davies, Dickov

Yeovil - Howard, Mattock

It's not as if we've stopped scoring, in fact I would say the mix of goalscorers in a far more healthy situation than seeing Fryatt score them all.

Huddersfield - Morrison, Berner, Hobbs and Fryatt

Just wasnt his day. He'll be back with the goals and we'll be back with 3 points at Northampton on Saturday. :thumbup:

I hope your right. I really cannot believe he missed that chance at the end though. That sounded like a strikers bread and butter, it's easy to understand why some people are abit worried.

Still a hustler.

One goal since he signed his contract, and even that hit him. Probably in the hand.

Again 23 goals is it in all this season ? Howard not even got past 10 and whatever you say they're both striker and 1 scores goals and the other doesn't. Don't give me the crap that Howard is the man behind Fryatt scroing form.

Howard is a hustler, living of a rep he had 3 years ago and most people in the real world can see that he's no more then a league 1 striker at best.

Again 23 goals is it in all this season ? Howard not even got past 10 and whatever you say they're both striker and 1 scores goals and the other doesn't. Don't give me the crap that Howard is the man behind Fryatt scroing form.

Howard is a hustler, living of a rep he had 3 years ago and most people in the real world can see that he's no more then a league 1 striker at best.

Are you for real?

You a joke mate, Trying to wind people up but you really are a joke - Not a very good one either.

Are you for real?

You a joke mate, Trying to wind people up but you really are a joke - Not a very good one either.

No i wasn't winding anyone up, i'm being serious unlike you i have my own opinions and don't agree with what everyone on here says.

I hate Steve Howard bottom line.

Fryatt is a donut.

With 19 league goals though FFS, The mighty Ricky Lambert has 1 more :rolleyes:

If Howard was playing upfront this season with DJ, Hayles or Dickov. None of them would have got 19 goals by now and you Howard bumclub know it.

Fryatt is the best goalscorer in the league at the end of the day and would be hard to replace and on the other hand Howard wouldn't.

Target men are easy to find then goalscorers these days.

If Howard was playing upfront this season with DJ, Hayles or Dickov. None of them would have got 19 goals by now and you Howard bumclub know it.

Fryatt is the best goalscorer in the league at the end of the day and would be hard to replace and on the other hand Howard wouldn't.

:giggle:

FFS Fryatt is going through a lean spell and I'm not his greatest fan but please don't knock Howard...we missed him last night...BIG TIME!..that player is worth his weight in gold...and that's a lot of gold!

Archived