Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Southern Fox

Matty Fryatt

I only watched the game on tele - but I thought Matty looked terrible.

He looked really really unfit and not sharp at all

Im hoping the little injury mean he is just getting back to match fitness but if last season is anything to go by a not 100% fit Matty Fryatt is a pretty shite one.

He didnt look particulary interested in the game and looked severely short of pace/effort

Just my opinion but was interested in your thoughts as everyone appeared to give him a 7 in the ratings which confused me?

I agree mate!! I know he has had a injury but has he been the same since he signed his contract??

I'm fed up of people suggesting that. Yes, Fryatt hasn't scored, but he's got 2 or 3 assists in that time, and we've won every league game since, scoring 7 goals.

He didn't have the greatest game on Monday night, but I'd say his effort, control and general play probably deserved a 7 rating.

I'm fed up of people suggesting that. Yes, Fryatt hasn't scored, but he's got 2 or 3 assists in that time, and we've won every league game since, scoring 7 goals.

He didn't have the greatest game on Monday night, but I'd say his effort, control and general play probably deserved a 7 rating.

Im just saying he was hungry b4 his contract to earn a GOOD new deal! Now hes got it! Lost interest a little bit?? will be interesting if he now goes another 2 or 3 games without scoring!!

Dont get me wrong i arent being a twat and getting on his back im very grateful for what hes done so far without him we would be nowhere! I just hope that he scores soon!!

Fryatt was always going to have a bad spell during this season, is this his bad spell? Well he's not scored in about 4 games, but he got injured in one of those and since he's come back he's not as sharp as he had been. He just needs to find his rythm again, he is still setting goals up and causing problems.

His performance against Yeovil was mediocre, but he started brightly and tired as the game went on.

I think he'll bag a brace on Saturday.

Apart from his lack of fitness you need to also take into account that we're now starting to play teams a second time and they are aware of his potential and will be taking greater effort to stop him.

He was also denied a great goal by a great save in that game, I'm sure if it had gone in this discussion wouldn't be happening

I'm sure history would show this to be a regular occurrence.

On the plus side the extra careful marking of Fryatt frees up the chance for other players so it's no coincidence they are starting to score:

Leeds - Oakley

Hereford - Howard, King

Orient - Oakley, Davies, Dickov

Yeovil - Howard, Mattock

It's not as if we've stopped scoring, in fact I would say the mix of goalscorers in a far more healthy situation than seeing Fryatt score them all.

His effort was appauling. I watched him several times not chase the channels or wander back to the half way line instead of tracking back.

I noticed after about 10mins that things didnt look good. I even called my dad to say - Fryatt looks like he will be coming off soon and that was after about 20mins - thought he was injured lol

Im a big Matty fan and as I said I am not on his back - this was just an observation from Mondays game that he didnt look nowhere near fit

His effort was appauling. I watched him several times not chase the channels or wander back to the half way line instead of tracking back.

I noticed after about 10mins that things didnt look good. I even called my dad to say - Fryatt looks like he will be coming off soon and that was after about 20mins - thought he was injured lol

Im a big Matty fan and as I said I am not on his back - this was just an observation from Mondays game that he didnt look nowhere near fit

He isn't that's why he's not been playing and was doubtful for the match, obviously Pearson thought an unfit Fryatt, with his current reputation for scoring goals was a better bet than the over the hill unfit Dickov or the coming back from a major injury and not played 90 minutes Chambers.

It's quite simple really :dunno:

Apart from his lack of fitness you need to also take into account that we're now starting to play teams a second time and they are aware of his potential and will be taking greater effort to stop him.

Spot on.

Good example of this in the game on Monday, Forbes was all over Fryatt like a rash. Every move Fryatt made, Forbes was there.

In the football world if youve earned a new contract, with a lot more money and bonuses, you just won't try hard and thats what Fryatt is doing now.

In the real world, you can't just stop trying if you get a pay rise, you can in football.

Thats what makes football these days so fooking crazy.

As long as Fryatt plays well near to when his contract is up again he can earn another new one.

In the football world if youve earned a new contract, with a lot more money and bonuses, you just won't try hard and thats what Fryatt is doing now.

In the real world, you can't just stop trying if you get a pay rise, you can in football.

Thats what makes football these days so fooking crazy.

As long as Fryatt plays well near to when his contract is up again he can earn another new one.

Fryatt isn't trying hard? lol

You think because he hasn't scored in a while he's simply not trying. Good one maddog, your epic knowledge of the football world inspires me greatly.

Archived