Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

500 People that think the OS is shit.....

Im glad someone came into this thread with with sense, im not one of these with problems with the os. I hope people stand up and take note instead of jumping on this silly bandwagon without even approaching the club.

I'm sure they will - as soon as some other people stop being sanctimonious cockarses.

Yea people, c'mon - it's not like we're living with Aids in Gaza while being attacked by dogs.

Really, when will you all stop having an negative opinion about something? We are top of the league, Milan is giving us a great new strip and we still have Davies for nine more days.

Sheeeesh! :rolleyes:

Gazza's dog gave me aids

:(

I have had some experiance in web developing. I know that many people find problems with sites (Which is fair enough and expected, nothing can be perfect. Especially in todays world of high expectations from the internet.)

Can i suggest that this site comes up with a list of names that have a problem with the site. Then choose say 10 prioritised things you would like the site to improve on. Its all well and good complainijng but the updater's or developers of the site whatever they may be called. Will not be aware of problems that you as fans have if they are not told.

So compile your list of ten, compile your list of names and then email the one the only Peter Jones and ask him who you would need to get in contact with about the maitenance of the club website.

He should be able to supply you with a Website Manager who should be able to help you with your enquiries.

Premium TV give the club a software package that allows the club to just input data and click upload. The software then compiles the information and turns it into the page in which we see. Hense why there are often problems with the photo's that are uploaded as the software provided struggles to compile for all Web Browsers. (This is what im told anyway.)

I've complained about the lack of, and late information many times but it water off a ducks back.

Last Saturday morning I checked on the OS for the Academy KO time which is normally 11am but has been altered in the past, it said 11am, I went to watch the game and the KO had been changed to 12, in fact it was still saying 12 when I got back. So I wasted a whole hour because they couldn't be arsed to correct the time. This is not the first time this has happended and I doubt it will be the last.

I've complained about...

Any comment I've passed to the club about anything has been replied to in a polite manner but (aside from the racist chanting incident) nothing has ever been done. I've never had the details of anyone else passed on to me, Jones exists as a shield between the supporters and the club.

Those wanting a list: The layout, the daft quantity of ads, the browser compatibility, picture problems, the punctuality of news, the lack of voting security for the shirt, the mess of information, the lack of key information/frequent updates and the fact that it always defaults to the annoying LCFC World intro page (which often clicks through to itself).

This ignores the fact that it is an off the shelf website which ends up leaving it devoid of character and originality, looking like everyone else's.

As for the online shop - it has improved from the absolute abortion of ecommerce that it was, but it still falls well short of the mark on so many levels. The automatic season ticket holder reduction frequently fails to be applied, and when it works it's displayed far too late in the process. There's enough good practice out there for someone to be able to identify what we should have gone for at the begining of this season - but again we seem to have gimps making the decisions.

This site and shop are integral parts of an overall marketing strategy which has been limping along since our glorious appointment of the idiot woman who set-up Foxlot only for it to come crashing down, heralding her departure.

As a club - they never listen.

As a club - they never seem to learn.

Any comment I've passed to the club about anything has been replied to in a polite manner but (aside from the racist chanting incident) nothing has ever been done. I've never had the details of anyone else passed on to me, Jones exists as a shield between the supporters and the club.

Those wanting a list: The layout, the daft quantity of ads, the browser compatibility, picture problems, the punctuality of news, the lack of voting security for the shirt, the mess of information, the lack of key information/frequent updates and the fact that it always defaults to the annoying LCFC World intro page (which often clicks through to itself).

This ignores the fact that it is an off the shelf website which ends up leaving it devoid of character and originality, looking like everyone else's.

As for the online shop - it has improved from the absolute abortion of ecommerce that it was, but it still falls well short of the mark on so many levels. The automatic season ticket holder reduction frequently fails to be applied, and when it works it's displayed far too late in the process. There's enough good practice out there for someone to be able to identify what we should have gone for at the begining of this season - but again we seem to have gimps making the decisions.

This site and shop are integral parts of an overall marketing strategy which has been limping along since our glorious appointment of the idiot woman who set-up Foxlot only for it to come crashing down, heralding her departure.

As a club - they never listen.

As a club - they never seem to learn.

Well said.

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

18. The Club's marketing team .... But they have 6 years to run on a contract with the current vendors so don't expect much to change!

19. mb2251

20. BlabyFox - paying for videos <_<

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

18. The Club's marketing team .... But they have 6 years to run on a contract with the current vendors so don't expect much to change!

19. mb2251

20. BlabyFox - paying for videos

21. Charliefox

I've complained about the lack of, and late information many times but it water off a ducks back.

Last Saturday morning I checked on the OS for the Academy KO time which is normally 11am but has been altered in the past, it said 11am, I went to watch the game and the KO had been changed to 12, in fact it was still saying 12 when I got back. So I wasted a whole hour because they couldn't be arsed to correct the time. This is not the first time this has happended and I doubt it will be the last.

There were a lot of people who suffered similarly in turning up at Belvoir Drive an hour early cos the crowd was pretty respectable.

All were greeted by a seemingly embarrassed heavy on the gate who explained the time change and pointed out that we couldn't use the main entrance anyway cos of first team training.

It was just the same when games were postponed because of waterlogged pitches last season - not a word on the OS. Customer service? It's a good job they've got thousands of customers cos if I treated mine like that I'd soon have none.

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

19. mb2251

21. Charliefox

22.Shingler

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

19. mb2251

21. Charliefox

22.Shingler

23. lavrentis

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC - shit at fifa!

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

19. mb2251

21. Charliefox

22.Shingler

23. lavrentis

24. Big Al

1. Tevez

2. Maybes

3. Daggers

4. Corky

5. J.Lisemore

6. GLC - shit at fifa!

7. Ultra

8. Porky

9. Lovejoy

10. Granno

11. BedsFox

12. Roo Fox

13. BGJ

14. Phube

15. Houdini Logic

16. FoxForever

17. KilworthFox

19. mb2251

21. Charliefox

22.Shingler

23. lavrentis

24. Big Al

25. Uncle Albert

I don't have any problems with the design of the site, but as you guys have said, important fan information is often slow to be released, as are stories reported in the press. I don't think it's shit, but there's definitely room for improvement. I'd still prefer if we did our own website and moved away from premiumtv. They must cost a right packet!

Barely ever use it now, everything is posted on here within about 2 minutes of it appearing on there :P

Me too. I go on the OS once in a blue moon out of my own will. In fact, I only visit it when I link to a story is posted on here.

Without defending anyone about the shirt options .... no it wasn't the same team - the deal was signed 4 years ago for 10 years, before any of the current commercial team were in place.

Would that be the same clued-up marketing team who gave us and the world the options of Forever Foxes and Blue Army on the shirt?

Archived