Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Saddlers Opo. (A)

3 points???????  

80 members have voted

1. 1. ???????

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

I just said he is instrumental compared to Dickov, clearly we missed him Tuesday.

That doesn't make him a good footballer.

The main reason we are top of the League is because of the awful opposition.

I watch Steve Howard every home game, and we must be seeing a completely different player, i see him win some headers, very few result in us getting the ball, i see him jogging around a bit very slowy, i see him conceding a lot of free kicks, and winning a few.

I also see that he is always out of position from good crosses, never attacks the ball properly, and normally heads it over the bar.

What do you see :dunno:

Today I saw him holding the ball up, some brilliant control off the top of his shoulder, some deft little flicks that other players could run onto, a confident penalty, the fact that even if he lacks a bit of pace etc, he draws players to him giving others a bit more room.

I have no complaints with his performances this season.

Today I saw him holding the ball up, some brilliant control off the top of his shoulder, some deft little flicks that other players could run onto, a confident penalty, the fact that even if he lacks a bit of pace etc, he draws players to him giving others a bit more room.

I have no complaints with his performances this season.

Madboy, listen to this. Howard is instrumental in how we play, even if his penalty wasn't actually taken from the spot (naughty Steven :P ).

Maybe compared to a 36 year old whos had his day.

Steve Howard is a shit footballer, with no skill, no control, no pace, never scores headers from great crosses (the whole point of Ollie signing him) and concedes a lot of fouls.

You still haven't fooking said what positive things he does for the team, there aren't many.

I have clear reasons for what i think, i dont just hate him for no reason.

I will be very happy when Steve Howard leaves Leicester.

For one thing, he's 32, and he has had his day. Plenty of good ones since August. The whole point in signing him was to contribute to a successful team, and in the last five months, he's done just that.

No skill? Wins headers, flicks it on to team-mates. No control? Bollocks and you know it. Never scores headers? Fair point, but he uses his head wisely in other areas.

How about the fact that he brings others into play, is the top assister, wins plenty of free-kicks around the edge of the box and has contributed in an attack that has scored nearly 2 per match?

Still no one has told me what he does positively for the team, just mindless insults :giggle:

If you fail to appreciate the qualities Howard has brought to the table this season then you appreciate piss all about the game, consequently removing yourself from being worthy of explaination or time.

Maddog says he is instrumental to our 'football team', yet he is not a good footballer.....How the hell does that work??

He's confusing himself, or his brain cells are working against each other at this moment.

Steve Howard is a shit footballer, with no skill, no control, no pace, never scores headers from great crosses (the whole point of Ollie signing him) and concedes a lot of fouls.

You still haven't fooking said what positive things he does for the team, there aren't many.

This is such a travesty, it is unbelievable. What a misjudgement!

Admittedly, you are correct in saying that he isn't top for pace or aggressive headers on goal from crosses. However, there are other players who are like that, but are still valuable players...such as Emile Heskey.

"No control"? Nonsense, my friend, there are fewer players with better control. How often does he win the ball, hold it up and play it off? 95% of the time?

"No skill"? Quite apart from his excellent control (an important skill) and his flick-ons, he is an excellent passer of the ball. Yes, it is true, a big lumpish looking bloke can pass the ball very well.

According to official stats in today's programme:

- Yes, he commits more fouls than any other player in the division (some referee victimisation, tho'?!)

- BUT: he is the most fouled player in the division. Why would defenders bother if he was crap?

- AND: he has more assists than any player for any club in the division(!)

You need to challenge your own blinkered mindset!

This is such a travesty, it is unbelievable. What a misjudgement!

Admittedly, you are correct in saying that he isn't top for pace or aggressive headers on goal from crosses. However, there are other players who are like that, but are still valuable players...such as Emile Heskey.

"No control"? Nonsense, my friend, there are fewer players with better control. How often does he win the ball, hold it up and play it off? 5% of the time?

"No skill"? Quite apart from his excellent control (an important skill) and his flick-ons, he is an excellent passer of the ball. Yes, it is true, a big lumpish looking bloke can pass the ball very well.

According to official stats in today's programme:

- Yes, he commits more fouls than any other player in the division (some referee victimisation, tho'?!)

- BUT: he is the most fouled player in the division. Why would defenders bother if he was crap?

- AND: he has more assists than any player for any club in the division(!)

You need to challenge your own blinkered mindset!

Theres no point carrying this on.

I have been full of praise for Leicester, NP this season, i just don't think Steve Howard is very good and a lot of you must be blind that you dont see all the mistakes and awful headers to no where he makes every game.

He was basically 1 on 1 last game, and fell over, not what a fooking professional footballer on £8,000 a week should do.

I dont like Steve Howard, i have my reasons, you all like Steve Howard, you have your reasons, end of debate :P

I can't remember the last time when we played with genuine width and actually played crosses straight to the head of Howard.

I'm going for a 1-0 Leicester win.

i don't think howard is a good player, but without him in the team , in this division especially, we aren't nearly as good. the brighton game showed that.

i know that sounds illogical and rather stupid, but that's the way i see it. despite not being the best individual player, he seems to fit in with our style of play this season. fryatt and howard is our best pairing up front. end of.

I can't remember the last time when we played with genuine width and actually played crosses straight to the head of Howard.

I'm going for a 1-0 Leicester win.

Howards supposed to move and attack the ball, and try his best to anticipate the cross.

No player in the world can cross it perfect onto the mans head every time.

I can't see Walsall raising their game twice in four days.

Four days after they drew at the Way, they were stuffed at Elland Road.

So, weather permitting, I expect another comfortable win for us.

Your not a fan then!

If you take the time and trouble to actually see what he does in a game you may one day revise your opinion, (but I think not).

No doubt you also called Emile Heskey whom many fans don't think he does a great deal.

Howards contribution to the team is that being the target man he's constantly regarded as a threat by the opposition and fouled a great deal.

Admitted he also does his fair share of fouling but that comes with trying to protect yourself.

He has developed a good understanding with Fryatt, tries to feed him with flicked on headers or passes to him.

His absence was very noticeable on Tuesday night and I believe that without him Fryatt would not have scored the amount of goals he has.

Oh, and hopefully a 2 - 1 win on Tuesday.

Howard is crap and maddog your not the only one who thinks he is. Seriously nearly every Leicester fan you meet will slate him but on foxestalk he's a hero :rolleyes: They slate Dickov ( who done ahell of alot more for us over the years ) then that fat useless derby reject of a donkey.

Howard is crap and maddog your not the only one who thinks he is. Seriously nearly every Leicester fan you met will slate him but on foxestalk he's a hero :rolleyes: They slate Dickov ( who done ahell of alot more for us over the years ) then that fat useless derby reject of a donkey.

:frusty:

You're obviously meeting some very short sighted Leicester fans if you've only found ones who slate Howard. As for Dickov, history doesn't count for much when you're trying to get out of the third tier, goals on the other hand will come in very handy.

Howard is crap and maddog your not the only one who thinks he is. Seriously nearly every Leicester fan you meet will slate him but on foxestalk he's a hero :rolleyes: They slate Dickov ( who done ahell of alot more for us over the years ) then that fat useless derby reject of a donkey.

Based on your reasoning, there must be a role somewhere for Arthur Rowley. :rolleyes:

Archived