Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BedsFox

Walsall match thread..Game On!

I think walsall are hopeful of it going ahead, they have the pitch covered and im sure from a financial point of view they would like the game to go ahead, but also chris hutchings team will be full of confidence after beating leeds so i think at the minute it has a 70% chance of it going ahead.

It might also make a different that the pitch has been prepared for this match since the final whistle at their game on saturday

I'm from the West-Mids and my mum works in Walsall. Her college has been closed today and will be again tomorrow due to the weather. Walsall and Wolverhampton areas have had the most snow.

Saddler's OS does say they are using ground sheets however which implies that the pitch should be ok, I think the decision may be made on the surrounding areas, public transport etc.

Fingers crossed anyway,i've had the day off work for this one.

As much as I'm looking forward to this I just cannot see it going ahead, having spent pretty much the whole day outside the amount of snowfall is something we havnt seen for many years. There doesn't seem too much evidence things will improve either. Even the pitch does make it, if its called off on police advice due to the sheer amount of people travelling to the same place, roads/ trains/ buses I really wouldnt be surprised.

From Hazzman on TB. :huh:

Just been surfing a Walsall fan site,
Please look at our website - this game is not off.

The covers were put on the pitch after the Leeds game. Granted it has some 3 inches of snow on it but I have 20 staff coming in tomorrow morning to clear the snow and take the covers off. The problem will be the car parks and roads. We have cleared one car park today and gritted it, the others will be done tomorrow morning and probvided there is no further heavy snowfall I am hoping it will be on.

Dave Storr

Stadium Manager

Bearing in mind that Walsall have already had one match postponed this season due to snow (in October! :o ), I'm less than optimistic the game will go ahead.

Further snow showers are forecast there for tomorrow and the safety of fans would not be guaranteed.

10cm of snow is forcast in Brum tonight and temperatures have been between -1 and -2deg for the last 24 hours - which is set to continue.

Every school in Walsall was closed today, and they will all be closed tomorrow.

80(ish) schools were shut today - ALL Birmingham schools are closed tomorrow! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :jump::celebrate:

All bar the very major roads are now icing over.

I followed a gritter home, took the kids and the dog to the park for an hour and a half - the road was sheet ice when I drove home again.

I'm telling you now - if the snow falls this match will not be on, trains will struggle.

Wolves have declared their match on (at the moment), as have Walsall - but I think you may have to think long and hard about travel more than whether the weather will kill the game.

I'll post updates tomorrow (now I don't have to go to work :D )

I live at halfway point between Leicester and Walsall, its pretty bad over here and more forecast over night.

Anyone remember lcfc v tranmere around 92-93 season, we helped clear the pitch of snow then city turned in a woeful performance in a 1-1 draw, I reckon it was 3 times as bad then as it is now. But then our side had agnew, walsh et al and they would have just said bring it on....doubt you would get the same attitude now.

Really hope it goes ahead but i'll give it 25% chance, everyone is so over the top these days with regard to Health and Safety...the old bill, the councils (I think they own the bescot?) and they are shit scared of the slips and trips!

Anyone remember lcfc v tranmere around 92-93 season, we helped clear the pitch of snow then city turned in a woeful performance in a 1-1 draw

Yes; I attended the game with a mate of Jamie Redknapp. :cool:

Even if the game goes ahead, I am still not confident about driving to this one.

I had an accident on the way back this evening. It involved me and my car sliding down the road and bumping a static car.

lol

Exaclty, I was driving earlier, it was horrible, sliding everywhere and brakes were often failing in the snow.

The pitch is one thing, police declaring it safe for people to travel is another.

I reall cannot see it being on.

You couldn't text us if it is called off. Pretty please?

Of course - everyone in my address book, all emails and Facebook :D

Really, if the game was tonight it would have been called off. It's never taking place tomorrow if the weather comes through as predicted.

Word of warning.

My mate lives in Walsall, and she went back there today from Kettering and it took her three and a half hours, as opposed to her usual hour and a half.

:( :(

Yep, but was that in part due to the fuel spillage by Cov which closed the M6 to a single lane?

Exaclty, I was driving earlier, it was horrible, sliding everywhere and brakes were often failing in the snow.

The pitch is one thing, police declaring it safe for people to travel is another.

I reall cannot see it being on.

My brakes refused to help me as I slid down the road into a Ford Focus. lol

I agree I think the roads leading to the ground will be the biggest factor in this game going ahead or not.

Archived